Reply Community Lounge
ATG Secret Santa 2009! ( APPLICATIONS CLOSED ) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:20 pm
Well in the IRC we were talking about sending each other random bits of clotheing and snacks and things to each other just to be random and for the lulz. I took that I dear, put it in an egg and sat on it. After I squashed that egg by accident, I put the same idea into another egg and sat on it more carefully. Now its hatched into Secret Santas!

I reckon it would be great if we did a secret Santa in the guild and send each other a present. I figure so everyone gets something the secret santa would be the best way. The plan of action will be that everyone who wishes to participate will fill out the little form at the bottom of the page and PM it to me, then I shall draw names out of a hat for peoples. And to keep it secret people can give me their adresses so I can give it to their secret Santa.

If anyone has any ideas, suggestions or queries let me know and we can discuss it here ^.^

EDIT: Applications will be open until the 8th of November to allow people enough time to send a gift after getting their Secret Santa.

EDIT2: Gifts shouldn't be any more than $10-$15. That way there wont be major differences in gift value ^.^
EDIT3: There are only four days left until the original date for applications close. The thread here has stirred some interested yet I've only received one application. So come on Guildies! Get in the Christmas spirit and lets have us an awesome secret santa!

EDIT4: Ok I'm double posting but who cares! Ok it seems to me that their are still mroe people that want ot participate but for reasons such as forgetting (looking at you Yunnie) XD you have not sent in your application. So I'm going to give roughly 24 hours + plus however much longer it takes to find KAls and give her the applications ^.^

Form (Make sure you PM this to me, don't post it in the thread):

Address: (Don't forget to include your country).
Any allergies to food: (I will let your secret Santa know in case they decide to send a food gift).
Other Comments: (Stuff like if you would rather send something within your country to keep cost down and any other comments to do with delivery).  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:28 pm
Well all the applications are in, and Kals is now sorting through them. Everyne who entered should soon receive the name and address of their gift-e. I hope you all have a great Christmas ^.^  

Surazal Dloc

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:36 am
Doesn't a participant list go against the whole anonymous thing? xd  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:38 am
Haha. Well I'm not going to reveal who is gifting who it was more jsut so everyone could see who was part of it. But perhaps that isn't really needed either. Hmm...

!Comment Noted.  

Surazal Dloc

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:07 pm
I recommend a price cap for the Secret Santas.

This seems like an event more about thinking of each other and fun and good cheer than about pricey gifts...a price cap would help out those who might have a bit of a holiday budget to stick to and don't want to feel cheap for buying a $5-10 gift and then finding out others spent way more...or the other way around. For example for my coworkers I am sticking with a $5-10 range, and for friends my limit is $25, family is a little higher.

Considering there will be postage involved too, I think a $10-15 cap would be decent.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:27 pm
I like this idea biggrin

And I think Thal's suggestion is good. Postage is expensive, and when you have a small budget, I find people get more creative with what they give.

My friends and I tend to do all our Christmas shopping at the Dollar Store, and the gifts are always good for a laugh at the very least. 3nodding  

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:46 pm
This sounds like it would be fun. :3 I'm up for it.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:04 pm
I like the idea but I'm out. $10-15 is more than I can afford to spend on my family members this year, never mind people I have to actually mail stuff to.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:20 pm
Good ideas, and glad to see its becoming popular ^.^ And thats ok Kals. We all understand ^.^

But you know what occured to me eveyone? Because I'm running this and picking the secret santas from a hat and what not, I dont kow a way in which I can be involed in the actual gift giving without knowing who my secret santa is >.< If anyone has an idea around this, let me know!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:22 pm
Let someone who isn't participating be the holder of the information ? If push comes to shove I'd be willing to do it for you. But I'm figuring I'd be the last person anyone would consider for anything so yeah. x'D  

Iecur

Space Sleuth

6,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:30 am
orrr I can be the hat drawer-outer, since I can't participate anyways.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:43 pm
Is this price American or Canadian? Because $10-15 in Canadian pricing (even if the exchange isn't too bad) can make a huge difference on the cover price of many items.

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

Trish the Stalker

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:20 pm
I was actualyl going to suggest that myself Kals xD if no else minds ^.^

and about the price it's more just a rough guide. I've have no idea what currencies are like between USA and Canada and probably putting a $10-$15 tag on didn't really make things clear. I think you should just use you r own judgement people. Basically no extravagent gifts. Just a nice simple present. Like perhaps abunch of candy from your country or a DVD they might like something in that price range I think is what we're aiming for.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:02 pm
As long as the person you send the DVD to has the same region player x'D.  

Iecur

Space Sleuth

6,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:28 am
Lol, yeah thats a good point, stupid different DVD regions..  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff