Reply Community Lounge
craptastc friends

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oddpupas

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:35 pm
what do you do when you have friends that you do everything for and they treat you like poo? I know you could drop them, but they seem to be good friends one week and then bad friends the next week. Maybe i did this to complain, but i kinda wanna know what you would do, and if this has happened to any of you before.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:22 pm
Dropkick them in the face (or just stop being so nice to them and see how they react to the lack of kindness. Might be able to see how much they fail as friends)  

Blackie the Cow

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:40 pm
The logical response is to stop being friends with them because they obviously don't care enouhg to treat you right. But the propsect of being alone or without those friends is never a happy feeling.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:23 pm
Well, maybe you could have a chat with them and tell them how you feel?  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:40 pm
Ahh, Ala, more logic. But with the way human society works, I'm afraid that more than like taking that action would still result in the same outcome only the other people may become more aggressive. No one likes being told that they are acting the wrong way, regardless if they are or aren't.
What a lovely friendly world we live in.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:12 pm
From my experience this is a no-win. I've had a few run ins with "friends" of this sort and neither time worked out favorably.

The first time myself and another friend sat down with the girl that was a bit of a fair weather pal...we ended up being marked as "ganging up on her" because we had agreed before hand it would be best to talk to her together. It wound up being played by her and someone else to the rest of our circle that I was stealing her best friend because we were hanging out together outside of our group and nobody else seemed interested in getting together with either of us outside of our RPG gatherings.

The other time I wound up with a bad friend I just decided to leave the situation. She wound up branding me as a b***h and so forth. There was a bit of feuding as a result (I get defensive when insulted and smeared) and eventually just started ignoring her existence. Ironically, I later found out she had the hots for me and was bother by the fact that I wasn't attracted to her. She is a girl, it could never work. I don't like girls, I like guys. She knew that, but apparently still wanted me to be attracted to her. Awkward.

So I can't say I know of anyway to make things work in terms of finding the most amicable resolution. It's never been amicable in my experiences with problem friends. Maybe just hang around them when they're being decent to you and ignore them when they're not.  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:28 pm
NOT MAKE HER THE MAID OF HONOR AT MY ******** WEDDING!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:30 pm
Um.... *hugs GRM*

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

Trish the Stalker

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:01 pm
*hugs back*

Don't worry about it, GTR and I are now playing with the idea of not having anyone up with us.  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games