Welcome to Gaia! ::

∞ Life Dust ∞

Back to Guilds

The location of Dust journals, RPs, some events and quests. 

Tags: Life Dust, Fantasy, Roleplay, Aimes, Events 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] ... The Boring Life... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:05 pm
Sable crouched behind the bush, her pink and blue tufts making it hard for her to hide... but hide she did. She frowned, glaring at the object of her gaze as she examined it over and over and over.

The tall dust was like she had seen him before, there was no change at all. He sat there. Boring.

This was the fifth day Sable had gone to his house in the morning and had followed him around his daily schedule. Mind, it was a boring schedule, most days he didn't even leave home. When he did, he went out where nothing was going on ... and just wandered there.

It was starting to get on her nerves.

Carefully sable picked up the burlap sack she had brought with her before she tiptoed around and encased Hymn's head in the bag.

"GOTCHA!" She shouted, gleeful at her success. At this rate, she's have him reformed by dinner.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:21 pm
Hymn circled around his garden planting the bushes and vines of flowers as he did every day. Today the sun beamed brightly overhead in their small enclosed plot of land. Plants shook lightly with the wind and as the sun beamed down on them Hymn moved around. His mind was empty with thoughts of where he'd be going soon.

It was almost the perfect time of year to go hiking and since he'd been told about it by a friend he had wanted to go. The people in Aimes considered it common to go hiking but since Hymn had never been before he wanted too.

As he thought about it the dusts eyes moved slowly around the garden following the trail of water he poured on the bed of flowers. They grew each day, blowing peacefully in the wind without objection. The teen dust wished he could live in such a way, instead of in this cycle. Perhaps the best thing would be to break it, but since he hadn't seen Cada in forever nor any of this other friends or aquaintences he just kept to himself. There was no breaking from such a cycle.

Suddenly though just as the dust turned a rustle of the bushes behind him caused him to freeze just in time for a leaping figure covered his head. Startled by the event the dust whirled around blindly but only fell over onto his but with a hard fall. "Umph!" he groaned as he tried pulling the bag off.

After a moment of arguing with the string he pulled off the bag and staring back at him were two reflecting eyes of a girl he'd met only once. "Sable?" he asked, surprised the dust had found his house in the middle of nowhere.

Well it was somewhere. "How did you find me?" he asked, looking at the closed gate.

Kanove

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:28 pm
Sable raised an eye brow and folded her arms across her chest, "It isn't exactly difficult, you follow the crude essence of boredom and there you are..." She huffed, "Now why did you take the burlap sack off..." she went over and patted off the dirt dust before handing it to Hymn.

There was no point in putting it forcefully on his head anymore, he already knew it was her, "Here you go, just put it back on and we'll be on our way." She explained vaguely. She knew what she meant, she smirked as she considered how confused Hymn would be.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:39 pm
Hymn's eyes blinked a few times under the glittering helmet as Sable ordered him to put the burlap sack back over his head. Did she want to kill him, you couldn't breathe in that thing. He had a hard enough time as it was, but it was probably for the best.

However, he stated back at her with a dumbfounded look and took a breath. "Why would I want to do that, there is no reason for me too." he said setting the bag on the stone pathway next to him. Why would Sable want him to put the sack back on his head? No idea.

Kanove

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:44 pm
Sable sighed, exasperated. "Because...." She drew it out in a very whiny 'you are being weird' kinda way, "Its all part of my plan... it isn't like you have to tie it so you can't breathe of anything..." She humphed and tapped her foot.

She looked at his odd expression and threw up her hands, "Do you want to be boring forever?!" she demanded of him.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:52 pm
Hymn was a bit taken back when Sable griped him out for being boring so reluctantly he stood up and put the bag over his head. Adjusting it he made it so he wouldn't be able to see as to make Sable happy. Carefully he maneuvered his way to the gate and pushed it open blindly at Sable led him somewhere unknown.

He knew she wouldn't tell, the other dust was stubborn and strange at times, but highly adventurous which scared him. As the dust passed through the gate he closed it behind him, locking it with the lock that he felt in his hands.

"Alright, take me wherever,"he smiled.

Kanove

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:21 pm
Sable took his hand and lead his foreword on the path "So the first thing we need to fix is your curiosity." she explained, "Thus the sack. So you don't see anything. You won't know where we are going, but gradually you should begin to want to know where we are going... let me know when that happens." The town was a bit off so they would be walking in nothing for a while. She wondered when he would reply.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:09 am
Hymn followed Sable around for a while, while at the same time his mind caressed the thoughts of where they could possibly be headed. By this point they had crossed the threshold into the quieter part of town, and while inclining up slopes he knew they weren't going to the shores of Aimes. Pulling his thoughts together he couldn't guess where exactly they would be going so he sighed.

His eyes were closed, concentrating on trying not to stumble over and fall. "Peace may be with you but dear you are a strange one." he whispered looking to the skies, opening his eyes for a lick of the sunlight through the bag. The air was warm and still, a very nice day.

"Okay, I give in."
he frowned after some minutes of still thinking, "where are we going?" The teen dust stopped instantly and felt the tug on his arm as Sable continued to walk on.

Kanove

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:12 pm
"Oh ho!" Sable chimed gleefully. It was about time. She turned towards Hymn who was standing looking ridiculous in a burlap sack. He couldn't see her of course, but that was the point.

"Let's reflect on that shall we? How do you feel wanting to know where we are going... where we are?" She turned to walk around Hymn, "Do you feel it? Bubbling up inside you? That small worry that you don't know something... that expectancy... to know if what you suspect is... right?" She giggled, "The call... telling you that what you don't know... may be important?"She stopped back in front of hymn, "The need to discover what you can't see?"

She admitted it, she was hopeful it would be this easy, but she honestly doubted that it was.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:19 pm
Hymn smirked beneath the bag. It had been such a long time since he had been given a challenge such as this. Stopping he leaned over and felt the ground humming a tune to himself while Sable spoke."Don't you know, your world is but one of my own?" he mused, wishing he could capture Sable's expression.

Standing a couple feet away from the other, or so he hoped the dust turned away from the sunlight and began singing silently to himself. With arms spread wide the world around them shifted just a bit, growing dark and gloomy as clouds rose over the horizon. A sheet of rain neared them, faster and faster, till soon it had overtaken their stunned figures.

"Now, do you see what I see? Or what don't I see do you wish you could see. For I can make your world, my own, or that of your deepest dreams, reality."he smiled, pulling off the sack with closed eyes.

"In reality, I can't see, I am blind as a bat without this helmet,"
he showed her, holding up the thing to her within the bag. With his eyes closed he knew it would be to bright to see, but still he stood in front of her. The other dust made no noise at first and that made Hymn unhappy, so he continued to feel the rain drip down his sides and onto his cheek.

"Such reality..." he whispered at the illusion as it quickly shattered and reality took it's place. The sun shined brightly again and Hymn continued to keep his eyes closed. "Now where were we headed?"

Kanove

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:28 pm
Sable sighed, "Ok fine, basic 'seeing' isn't something for you to be curious about at all.... " She tapped her foot, "so think about this.... if one train is going fifty milts per hour towards another train going sixty miles per hour... then what color are the conductors shoes?" she offered, hoping he would get it.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:32 pm
"It all depends on the conductor. However, if you are covered in the normal conductor drab, they aren't shoes at all." he smirked making humor as they continued walking, wherever they were going. Although Hymn's expression was complacent his mind enjoyed wrapping around the details of his mind-games. Although Sable was good at them as well.  

Kanove

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:48 pm
"see?" She groaned exasperated, "This is what I mean. No curiosity, none!" She sighed, "You don't know anything about the conductor except that he might be driving a train going fifty or sixty miles an hour." She explained to Hymn, "His shoes? They could be red, because it is his wife's birthday, and red was her favorite color. He could be wearing them to remind him of her since he can't make it home." Sable spun, "And when the trains collide, those shoes could be the very thing that his wife can identify him by when she is asked which dead burnt and un-identifiable corpse was her husband."

She turned on hymn and pointed her finger at him "And you would never know... because 'they aren't shoes at all!" She grumbled, "The details are what make things interesting. They create style, drama, intrigue, they pepper our life with color, interest, and meaning..." She took one of hymn's hands, "And as your friend I'm going to help you from that boring world where you do not know about them."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:51 pm
"If you insist, however know that unless you strike such an influence nothing will happen." he argued stubbornly. Shuffling his weight from one leg to the other Hymn moved a few steps forward and back again thinking carefully about the train. "How many passengers would be riding a train with a conductor wearing red boots? I think possibly quite a few. Think how drab normal conductors are. Perhaps I'd ride that train, though sixty miles an hour is quite fast, hope nothing happens." Hymn said. Drinking a gulp of water from a shining water bottle he rubbed a tired, yet closed, eye.  

Kanove

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:20 pm
"Well, it doesn't really matter." Sable spoke back, "If you never knew his shoes were red, then certainly you would learn nothing interesting." she huffed, "But you learn the shoes are red not because you know something is interesting about them, but because there is a chance, however small, that there is something interesting about them," she pulled on his burlap sack gently, "If you don't try to interact with life, you will remain an observer forever and nothing will change and nothing interesting will happen and before you know it you'll be an old man who can't do interesting things anymore." she chided him and then took his hand, "Come on, we clearly haven't walked enough." She explained and begun to drag him along once more.

Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff