Sleep Paralysis

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Animated Beauty
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:28 am
Sleep paralysis is also often referred to as ‘Old Hag Syndrome’ or the ‘Night Hag’ which is one name given to the creature that sufferers of sleep paralysis sometimes feel to have been visited by. Shadow people is another name given to the being often associated with attacks of sleep paralysis, due to the fact that this entity rarely makes its appearance clear, invisible but not invisible, it has no mass but it has form, and lurks at the corner of your eye. And demons, well because they’re demons, and attacks of sleep paralysis can feel very demonic in nature.

To learn more go here: Sleep Paralysis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:36 am
Now I've only posted this because I find it to be an interesting topic, however I'm not quite sure if I believe in 'sleep paralysis' or not. I've been visited by plenty of spiritual beings during my sleep while not in a state of REM.

Not that I don't find it plausible, I'm positive that there are genuine sufferers of Sleep Paralysis! I only feel like it is used more often than not as a scape goat to try and explain away a fairly good paranormal experience in a scientific manner.

Animated Beauty
Captain

WishMage

Spiritual Seeker

9,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:52 am
I've decided that various expiriences I've had have to be sleep paralysis. I was first convinced that I was having Night Terrors, because I thought I was waking up screaming and thrashing, but after a few times of being assured that I wasn't I started trying to figure out exactly what was happening to me and after reading up on it for a few days and asking around I realized that a lot of people who were diagnosed with sleep paralysis had the same symptoms.

There was one time when it was distinctly different however, in which my room mate had to help me.. normally I have a dream so awful that the screams echo in my ears for a few minutes after I wake and I think that I've woken up screaming my head off, then have difficulty moving, this time however I can't really explain what happened.

I was resting in my bed, tired for whatever reason but unable to sleep.. and I drifted in and out of an almost asleep phase and began hearing voices on the porch by my window... and somehow I knew that they weren't people. That was when I realized I couldn't move.. I heard them like the wind come in the front door and then down the hall, by this time they were howling and I was terrified. I could actually see shapes moving through the crack in my door, they seemed to go strait down the hall into my friends room which was at the end of the hall. I still couldn't move, it was like I was tied up, and I tried to call to my friend for help. I struggled to just open my eyes and keep them open, and to get up. Finally I was able to wrench myself out of the bed, but I couldn't move my arms away from my sides, and it was like the breath was sucked out of me. I pulled the door open with my foot and went out to the main room where my room mate was doing fire spells at the alter by the fireplace and remember trying to say something.

From what she told me later I was turning blue and managed to say help before I collapsed. I'm not really sure why paramedics weren't called but she told me I started breathing when she threw holy water on me (-_-;; I hope she would have called the paramedics if that hadn't worked) and then I started sputtering nonsense about someone coming, and rising.

So she said night hag, and that was the only case that was really like that, which is why I initially rejected sleep paralysis when trying to figure why I was waking up screaming my head off, but not.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:33 am
I've been visited by Night Hags many times over that it's difficult to keep track of the number. Sometimes they come in pair, fours, or threes but often they come in ones. I'll try to explain my experiences with it. It may not make much sense but I'll try nevertheless.

I'll tell you guys about the time when my dream (or rather sleep since I don't remember my dreams) was visited by a really powerful entity. I was sleeping in a half-aware state. I'm not sure if I'm astral projecting in such times or not but usually, I'll know if someone enters my room or something moves but I'm still sleeping. I can see my whole room lit up and it was all as usual until the entity came. I blinked and suddenly, my room was swathed in darkness.

It was both in first person and third person point of view. It was as if I was seeing things with two pairs of eyes. There was a figure outside my window near my bed and it started making noises. Very very disturbing noises...like thunder and claws scratching on metal. I tried to move, to reach for my cellphone and light the place up so I can see but I couldn't. My body wouldn't listen to me and it felt as if I was being held down. Not just my arms or my legs. It was as if a huge board was placed above me and preventing me to move while something was holding my hands and legs down. Whenever I tried to concentrate, the noises would get louder and louder and it would shatter my concentration and make me feel frightened...which only gave it that much more power over me.

Through sheer will, I managed to turn over and dropped out of bed. I crawled on the floor, all the while feeling as if something was holding me down, until I carried myself up the wall and flipped the lights switch. That's when my eyes truly opened. My heart was beating loudly and I discovered that I hadn't even moved from my bed. There was a moment of silence as I tried to concentrate, to get my limbs moving. It was difficult still. It felt as if all my energy was sucked out of me. After a few seconds or minutes though, I began to feel drowsy again but I snapped my eyes back open when I sensed some very strong vibrations in the air. I couldn't talk. Yep. It was so strong that it managed to cut off my voice so instead of trying to yell for help, I forced myself to roll out of bed and walk/stagger to my uncle's room.

I think I paused for a moment, debating on whether to close my door or not. I closed it because I remembered that I have a poster with very bright colors on my door. I know evil spirits don't like bright colors so it was worth a shot. o.<

When I got to my uncle's room, he said that I looked very pale and disoriented so he placed me on his bed and covered me with a blanket that had very very bright designs and colors. The moment he did so, he felt a chill and there were some noises outside of his window. The entity followed me and was making its presence known but since I wasn't alone, I wasn't frightened anymore. I still stayed in my uncle's room for a couple of days though since my room felt very strange...like something was waiting for me. I only went back to my room after my uncle banished that entity.

In any case, after that experience, I figured out that sheer will and concentration are what will help you if you experience a Night Hag. They'll try to confuse you and scare you but if you focus enough, you'll be able to pull through. In my case, I turn the fright in to annoyance and then anger...which gives me the will and strength to fight back.

The Silver Sundae

Dalaigh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:49 pm
I usually sleep with a talisman next to me for a good reason. If I didn't, I don't want to think of the consequences. When you're in sleep paralysis, you are at your most vulnerable point.

-- D  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:51 pm
My Uncle experienced sleep paralysis...I think..? xD
He said that he saw the air or something rip and a vortex was there. These goblins or elves emerged and starting poking him and yelling in elf language or something. He couldn't move at all and he tried to get them off of his tummy. I dunno if it's true...But anything can happen...Right? :b

Night Hags seem very dangerous.Imma paint my whole room yellow and keep fluorescent posters in there. xD I'll get a talisman too for protection. xD  

Pengwins

Dalaigh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:03 pm
Torrie1455784

Night Hags seem very dangerous.Imma paint my whole room yellow and keep fluorescent posters in there. xD I'll get a talisman too for protection. xD

An ounce of prevention can be better than a pound of cure (or a night hag chasin' yer butt all over!). smile

-- D  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:07 pm
Hehe. Better safe than sorry, right? ;3  

Pengwins

The Silver Sundae

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:14 pm
Torrie: I placed a salt line on my windowsills. Night Hags haven't visited me since but it's too early to tell though. I'mma give it a couple more months. 3nodding

Dalaigh: What do you mean by talisman? Can you give me some examples?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:55 pm
The Silver Sundae
Dalaigh: What do you mean by talisman? Can you give me some examples?

Sure thing. Mine is a small circle of pewter, a little smaller than a fifty-cent piece. Around the outer edges, a protection spell is written in runes (don't ask me, I don't know it exactly, but a friend made this for me). In the middle is a pentacle. It's very simple but it seems to work.

This is similar (but not the same) to what mine looks like material-wise:
http://www.luckymojo.com/protection.html

Here's a site with some good talismans:
http://tinyurl.com/yh86ra7

Hope this helps some.

-- D  

Dalaigh

The Silver Sundae

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:02 pm
Thank you very much! That helps loads. 3nodding  
Psychic and Spiritual Development

Manage Your Items