Reply Community Lounge
A plea for advice, attention, and comments

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EvilPooley

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:05 am
Right, a couple of nights ago i was lying there in a not particularly good mood, and i wrote on a bit of paper a little melody and chord progression, which has turned out really nicely I think.

...I now have about 1/3 of a symphony, and i would seriously appreciate any advice, comments or suggestions any of you have.

Symphony (Work in progress)

Cheers,

Evilpooley/Atra  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:20 pm
Well, my feedback really doesn't mean anything, because I don't know a blessed thing about composition or music theory, but I like what you have so far. Maybe I'm just easily impressed, but I know I certainly couldn't come up with anything like that. I hope you post the rest when it's finished!  

PixiecuTT

pickle relish

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:24 pm
I like it so far. It sort of reminds me of something you would hear in a Final Fantasy game.

Also, I was amused by an "Eye Of Sauron" type animation in the middle. razz  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:50 pm
I like it so far. I don't really know much about music, so I'm not really sure what to say, other than that it sounds nice.

I asked my brother, since he's a musician. x3 He said, "The chord progression in places is a little repetitive in the second half, and could use some sort of turnaround that would perhaps catch the listener off guard. Off to a good start, though."

So. Not sure what he means, but he knows more than I do. *shrug*  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Trish the Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:23 am
I would love to hear you keep building the crescendo with some more intense changes in tempo before dipping off into that little bridge about a minute and a half in. It is a little simplistic but a good start. I think it would be nice to see the horns used a little more complexly and a little more experimentation with the tempo. But this is coming from a girl who took one real music course all her life.

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:44 am
LOVE the beginning! The entire things sounds very nice. Changing up the tempo through it would be a great idea as is playing with the brass section. In the second half I would play around with the percussion as well! Add in some more dramatic sounds with the drums and such. I would broaden the strings in the middle of the piece make the subtle in the end. I would also drag out the ending notes a bit longer as well.

I really do enjoy the piece though, and a few others do as well looking at the hits and downloads.

Peeks I totally thought of Final Fantasy when I first heard it too! Something like going off to war, or one of those pep talks when world demise seems inevitable!  

God-Raped-Me

Rainbows and Polkadots

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:57 pm
I really like it, it definitely reminds me of Final Fantasy, Seven in particular.
I agree with most of the other comments though, it could use a change in tempo somewhere and a surprising element to re-hook the listener.
You're off to a very good start though, keep up the good work!

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games