Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Introductions
New but Old as well

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

InaraRiver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:37 pm
Greetings All,
I am not new to gaia, but starting to play again after a long while. When I did create this account, I wasnt able to find my way around, and couldnt seem to do anything but fish, and I grew bored with that quickly.

Being an adult player, I tend to be picky about people who just randomly request to be my friend with out ever talking to me. I rather have few friends that I talk with often, then tons of friend who dont want to talk with me at all.

I am looking for people who actually want to be friends, not just a name on someones list. I am hoping to find someone to help show me around so that I can get gaia under my belt. I am not big on forum chats usually as when many people start to post and they become pages in the 100's, I tend to get lost and confused. It seems they become overwhelming to me.

One a more personal note, I am 30 in school studying information systems management. Yes I am a computer geek. I am also a writer, poetry and short stories. I love role playing games and just being with friends. Most of my friends are online. I enjoy helping others as I am able.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:41 pm
i nkow what you mean with huge forums they make me so nervous >.<  

Doctor Manny

8,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:16 pm

Welcome :3 I'm an adult player also- I'll be turning 23 here in January.

I agree about the random friend requests; I try to keep my list as pruned as possible. If I add someone I've been talking to and it's been long enough since we've spoken that I've forgotten who they are, I'll nix them from the list.

I'm also a writer- I prefer short stories. I'm no good at poetry. Also, I love RP when it has structure and preplanned story, both online and in tabletop gaming situations.

I'd be happy to show you around; I've been here for a long time, so I'm sure I can answer some of your questions :3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:24 am
...birds creep over tin roofs, like criminals with tap shoes...

Welcome to the guild InaraRiver
We here at the NSTG hope that you will like it here.
If you are wondering about anything or just need to freshen up your gaia-knowledge you should check out our Resources sub-forum or ask about it in the Questions and Assistance :3

And some of the faster going treads scare me too, thats why i found myself a nice little hangout that i frequent regularly. And also, check if there are any guilds that might interest you, those are often more slow paced. 3nodding

I usually do a clean in my friendslist, when i start to not remember names, and there is a neat function that can remove me from their friendslists too, so if they dont come back talking to me, i think they were just as confused about me as i was about them XD

Im 23, turning 24 this comming April, and im a bit curious what information systems management might be? :3
And im a big reader! I lurve me some books! ~<3

...stain the glass with windows, extortionate and cold stare...

Tebasile

Moonlight Harvester

☆ Introductions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces