Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Ohio Guild!!

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who live in Ohio, or visit! 

Tags: Ohio, Convention, Columbus, Cleveland, Midwest 

Reply Welcome To The Ohio Guild!
Miami University! Will likely attend..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kerize

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:28 pm
I currently live in Honduras, but I have a house/residence in Butler County, Ohio, I am currently a Junior and my parents want me to go to that university since it's:

Affordable
Close-by
"Public Ivy League" (or something)
It's pretty

However I read some reviews and many are bad saying that people are very like, snobby/rich/omg you're wearing THIS brand kind of people. This is not my type of crowd. However, I figure that I would rather hear this critics from people with experience is possible.

So, um, yeah (:

Oh and I'm new to this guild, so hi wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:16 pm
Hi there smile

A college is what you make of it - there will always be a mix of people anywhere you go. It is who you make friends of, and your personal outlook that will shaope your experiance. college is much more mature, and serious than High School - don't get swpt away with the idea that likein High School cliques rule..in college its totally different.

If that is the college you want to go to - go to it.  

OhioKimono
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kerize

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:54 pm
OhioKimono
Hi there smile

A college is what you make of it - there will always be a mix of people anywhere you go. It is who you make friends of, and your personal outlook that will shaope your experiance. college is much more mature, and serious than High School - don't get swpt away with the idea that likein High School cliques rule..in college its totally different.

That's what I figured. But at least the main part of the population of this university is supposedly: "Rich people who didn't get enough grades to make it to a private school" who "get wasted the majority of the days and buy label items"...

But yes, I suppose I shouldn't rely on critiques and reviews because I'm pretty sure they're some people like me who aren't a part of it 3nodding Regardless I'm looking for like, someone whose been there or something to tell me something about it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:15 pm
Kerize
OhioKimono
Hi there smile

That's what I figured. But at least the main part of the population of this university is supposedly: "Rich people who didn't get enough grades to make it to a private school" who "get wasted the majority of the days and buy label items"...

But yes, I suppose I shouldn't rely on critiques and reviews because I'm pretty sure they're some people like me who aren't a part of it 3nodding Regardless I'm looking for like, someone whose been there or something to tell me something about it.

I go there talk2hand .

I have rarely if EVER heard anyone make a negative comment about the brands someone else is wearing, although sociability, fitness, style, and hygiene are all prized. We're a little bit dressier when going out, but I much prefer that to some of the other schools that wear sweat suites to parties burning_eyes .

Yes there are loads of douchey people, but also loads of nice ones -the trick is finding ways to meet them and putting yourself out there. Some of the sweetest people I've met here are the typical tan, blonde, gorgeous women that go here -it can be intimidating, and that can lead you to feel like they're snobby, but you just need to get to know them.

And if you're a Junior you don't really have much to lose, Miami is a great school with a great reputation.

All and all, some of the rumors are true, and some of us just play the rumors up because everyone at this school is aware of them and we find it funny xd . Overall, I would question the source of the rumors that you're getting, people tend to have a lot of negative things to say about schools or student bodies that they do not belong to and that they would not fit into. If you're a roll out of bed and not shower / wear sweat pants / don't really care about your future or grades etc. then you would probably be more comfortable at another school.  

Daisuke001

Kerize

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:59 pm
Daisuke001
Kerize
OhioKimono
Hi there smile

I go there talk2hand .

I have rarely if EVER heard anyone make a negative comment about the brands someone else is wearing, although sociability, fitness, style, and hygiene are all prized. We're a little bit dressier when going out, but I much prefer that to some of the other schools that wear sweat suites to parties burning_eyes .

Yes there are loads of douchey people, but also loads of nice ones -the trick is finding ways to meet them and putting yourself out there. Some of the sweetest people I've met here are the typical tan, blonde, gorgeous women that go here -it can be intimidating, and that can lead you to feel like they're snobby, but you just need to get to know them.

And if you're a Junior you don't really have much to lose, Miami is a great school with a great reputation.

All and all, some of the rumors are true, and some of us just play the rumors up because everyone at this school is aware of them and we find it funny xd . Overall, I would question the source of the rumors that you're getting, people tend to have a lot of negative things to say about schools or student bodies that they do not belong to and that they would not fit into. If you're a roll out of bed and not shower / wear sweat pants / don't really care about your future or grades etc. then you would probably be more comfortable at another school.

Really really really!? Oh yay! I found someone from there! I'd love to know how it is, like, if I live on campus first year, how are the rooms and stuff. I figured that there was a super overreaction on those critiques, plus I visited the campus and I loved how it looked. Is there much international student? And how about the acceptance rates o.o that's what worries me. Is it hard to get accepted? (i'm not a honor roll student sweatdrop )

Oh oh share anything ^^ (lol I'm excited)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:41 pm
I've attended Miami for about 5 years now (on and off). Unfortunately, yes there are quite a few of those sorts of people, snobby and stuck up...but I mean...where doens't have them, ya know? Your not going to college to 'hang with the in-crowd' your going for the education...which isn't too shabby. -^____^-  

Alander Sheyne

BaeKim

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:07 am
I've heard the Miami can be quite elitist but, that is just one of the rumors I've heard. If you looking for a good school in Ohio try Ohio State University, Capital( Capital is expensive) or Oberlin but, I've heard Oberlin is kind of elitist to.  
Welcome To The Ohio Guild!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games