Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Growing up in the 90's Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sing a song, any song!
  Gallavanting, shake, shake, Shake! Gallavanting, yeah, yeah, yeah!
  What's little on top and big in the middle and pink all over? Serendipity, the pink dinosaur!
  Samurai pizza cats! They're stamping out crime and you know that ain't bologna
View Results

Trish the Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:30 pm
Obviously some of my fellow ATGers will remember the Ninja Turtles, Sailor Moon, and Dragon Ball, among other shows.

I'm here to reference the obscure TV shows and movies we watched when we were younger, things like Serendipity the Pink Dragon, Samurai Pizza Cats, Scamper the Penguin, the Gallavants, Samson and Sally, Little Nemo, Once Upon a Forest, Troll in Central Park, The Dragon that Wasn't (Or was he?) [I called this one Dexter the dragon when I was little).

What did you watch as a kid that you almost forgot existed?

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:37 pm
oh geez... a few months ago, my girlfriend and I went through hours of youtube videos listening to theme songs from old cartoons. Stuff like Dexter's lab, Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers, and of course my favorite Sonic the Hedgehog cartoons. it was fun, and I forgot most of them even existed.  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Trish the Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:47 pm
Ch-ch-ch-Chip and Dale! Rescue Rangers!!!

There was also Tailspin... that show rawked.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:54 pm
yeah, Tailspin. I always wanted that kids flying boomerang thing. And Ducktales was badass too. I wish Boomerang would play these shows too... They play some of them, but they skipped over a LOT of the good ones.  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:02 pm
Gargoyles. I used to watch that show ALL THE TIME.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:22 pm
Trish the Stalker
Ch-ch-ch-Chip and Dale! Rescue Rangers!!!

There was also Tailspin... that show rawked.

Tailspin was one of my favorites...which reminds me of Darkwing Duck. Which further reminds me of Duck Tales. Those old Disney cartoons were pretty good...  

Undakai
Crew

Senryoske

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:04 am
I watched a ton of Digimon, Thunder Cats, DB and DBZ. I watched some older shows too like Ronin Warriors that would be on. Metabots, Beyblade. I watched a lot of cartoons and anime growing up. Sailor Moon too, Yu Yu Hakusho (I was like 7 when I found this).

Course the '90s and early 2000's blend together for me since I was pretty young. Born in '92 so i missed a good portion of the '90s.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:49 am
Everything on the "Disney Afternoon" was good. I never had cable as a kid, but channel 38 would play an afternoon block of Disney shows. I really loved how popular Disney movies would get a TV series, and the series was usually really good. Aladdin the Animated series? I friggen loved that show.

Then of course there was Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain. My dad never liked cartoons, but he got so addicted to Pinky and the Brain.

I don't think there are as many really good cartoon shows these days. However, I adore "Chowder" and "The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack" because both are wildly creative shows that remind me of old shows like "Animaniacs" where there doesn't have to be an in depth plot or anything. Just crazy wacky fun with a creative twist.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:10 am
Undakai remembered one of my favourites! DARKWING DUCK!!! Lets get dangerous.... I loved all the Sonic shows, Gargoyles, The origonal Power Rangers, Chip 'n Dale, Tail Spin, Sailor Moon of course, The Mario Brothers, Zelda. I hated Bonkers at first because it took over Darkwing Duck, but I grew to it, and please tell me someone else remembers Biker Rats from Mars! And of course Lamb Chop's Play Along. And of course... Earthworm Jim!

When I was really young I watched Today's Special, Gummi Bears, Teddy Ruxpin, Rupert, The GOOD Sesame Street, Poka Dot Door, Mr. Dressup, the one with the creepy guy who used to sing "It's a wonderful day in the neighbourhood", I watched Sharon Lois and Bram... That one wasn't by choice though.

God there were a butt load of shows that I used to watch. I keep thinking of more and more as I type. I'm done for now though.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:08 pm
Lambchop's Play Along with Sherry Lewis!

*deep breath*

THIS IS THE SONG THAT NEVER ENDS!!!!! YES IT GOES ON AND ON MY FRIEND....

I find for recent shows that are good, Fairly Odd Parents is pretty awesome.

Legend of Zelda TV series anyone? Or the Mario Bros. TV show?

Trish the Stalker

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:22 pm
I had all of those in my post Belle! (I should probably start calling you Trish now....) So we can remember them together.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:24 pm
GRM
When I was really young I watched Today's Special, Gummi Bears, Teddy Ruxpin, Rupert, The GOOD Sesame Street, Poka Dot Door, Mr. Dressup, the one with the creepy guy who used to sing "It's a wonderful day in the neighbourhood", I watched Sharon Lois and Bram... That one wasn't by choice though.

Mr. Rogers?

I never really liked the zelda or mario cartoons.

and of course everyone remembers Bill Nye the Science Guy, right?  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:26 pm
Powers Rangers, Animaniacs, Dex Lab, Cow & Chicken, Rockos Modern Life, Rugrats, Ginger, Sailoor Moon, Magic Knight RayEarth, Captain Tsubasa, Saint Seiya  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:18 pm
Trish the Stalker
Or the Mario Bros. TV show?

Hey Paizanos, it's time for the Super Mario Super Show.
Do the Mario!  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:47 pm
Rol, yes it was Mr. Rogers, thank you! Also we OWN all the Bill Nye shows! cool

Oh my god, Captain Planet!!!!  
Community Lounge