Welcome to Gaia! ::

∞ Life Dust ∞

Back to Guilds

The location of Dust journals, RPs, some events and quests. 

Tags: Life Dust, Fantasy, Roleplay, Aimes, Events 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] Cast On, Cast O- (complete)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:39 pm
It was impressive how Jarett somehow managed to get himself to the local clinic, his vision flickering as the doors opened and he entered. It was clear by now at how sick he felt and how swollen his foot had stated to become when he shoved it into his boot that it was broken, perhaps even shattered on some spots. The man didn't know what to do for that, or even if something could be done for it, but he wasn't about to sit at home and just wallow in pain.

The least this place could do would be to offer him some painkillers and send him on his way, right? Right.

So it was with narrowed eyes (the lights were bright, they hurt a little) that the man made his way to the nearest counter and explained the problem, doing his best to stay standing though the pack on his back was getting heavier by the moment. Apparently whatever was inside wanted to be held in Jarett's hand or arms, not his satchel, as it had been doing this action several times on the route over. The man was rather lucky it was evening and no one was around or else he could have been mistaken for something he's not.

After signing in with the nurse and being shown to a waiting room, Jarett sat himself down with a thud and gingerly pulled his pant leg up, staring at the black and blue that was spreading. He glared over at the sack that rested at his side, his lips pursed.

"Well done. You've made a fine mess now."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:14 pm
"Ooh that looks bad." Came the cheerful voice from across the waiting room. The young teen, had been waiting for his papa to get off his shift so they could spend the rest of the evening together. Somehow he'd picked up on the man the moment he had entered. A strange feeling so heavy it made it hard to breath. Titling his head he squinted a curious eye a Jarett, then he shrugged it off in favor of the nasty bruising.

Moving over to him, he knelt before the hurt foot. "I'm in training to be a doctor, I can look at that for you." He offered but before he could do anything strong hands rest on his shoulders shoving him aside.

"Don't touch it kid, he's got a broken foot." Marijus had showed up on the scene, already certain that man had gone and broke his foot. The way the foot sat despite being in a boot (which was just stupid in the first place), made it obvious something was out of place at the very least. "Let me take a look." Kneeling before Jarred, Marijus took the leg firmly in hand, keeping the man's foot stable from any sudden movements. Staring at it long and hard he stood to his own healthy feet and snorted. "Yep broken. Gonna need a cast for that mister..." Walking off he waved the man away, "Lets go kid." It really wasn't his problem he was off work now and not about to take on another patient.

"PAPA! Where are you going?" Cada quickly jumped to his feet snagging his papa by his shirt halting his movements. "You can't just leave him sitting here. We have to help."

"We?" Looking at Jarett then back at his son, Marijus sighed inwardly, groaning his displeasure. "I don't want to." He eventually bleated out under his breath but with Cadaver present, he could never get away with leaving a patient waiting. "Alright.." Moving toward the front desk he pulled a coat off the rack and snagged a clipboard. Once he returned he glared at Cada. "Well help the man to his feet, lets take him to the back." Leading the way, he left Cada to do as told grumbling the whole time.

"Sorry about my papa, he's a grumpy man. Let me help you though, just lean on me." Eying the man's bag he suddenly got that heavy feeling in his chest like before. Could it be? "Um did you need help with your bag?"

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:53 pm
Jarett frowned at the way the man was acting towards him, his own mind slightly prejudiced against doctors from the time of his childhood, but when the odd-looking teen who had first approached him managed to get the grumpy man to stop...he was mildly surprised. He half-expected the man to just keep going, not actually stop and care, so he'd have to apologize later for thinking rude thoughts.

He kept silent for a moment or two until asked something by the teen, but before he could answer the bag floated itself off the chair where it was resting. It stopped after being a few feet in the air, and with a tug of his hand Jarett found he could pull it along without any problems. It didn't even surprise him anymore what the bottle inside was doing, his mind too tired to even try and be rational.

"No, it seems everything will be fine. Thank you."

He moved and leaned against the boy before taking the weight off his foot, causing whatever pressure he would be putting on Cada's shoulder to almost double itself. It was amazing how he'd gotten so far without feeling so bad, but perhaps it was because he knew he could relax from this point on that he allowed for a touch of pathetic to shine through.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:25 pm
Cadaver nodded as Jarett took his bag and made his way along the clinic's corridors. The weight he leaned against Cada was fairly heavy but he was used to this by now, when helping patients they often needed support. Smiling he followed behind his papa who lead them into a small room.

The was a table and a chair some utensils for inspecting patients but nothing much more. There wasn't a lot to work with in this place, something Marijus abhorred. There clinic wasn't the best and with new clinics being commissioned regularly it didn't look like they would get the required funding to expand their practices. For Marijus he didn't seem to care all that much. Whatever clinic would have him was fine. "Sit here." He commanded kicking a chair from his desk to the middle of the room.

Cada sighed helping Jarett inside the room and sitting him on the chair. He smiled warmly moving over to the table of utensils making sure all that was necessary was available. "Papa should I take his vitals?"

"No. You're not qualified yet and this is my place of work. They'll fire me if I let you..."

"Aww but I know how."

"I said no... just sit over there and wait."

"Alright." Taking a seat nearby he watched his father work, or rather gaze at the clipboard.

"What's your name? And tell me what happened to ya."

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:17 pm
"My name is Jarett Brennan. I am-"

Jarett was sat down in the chair, wincing heavily as the bag that had carelessly floated at this side the whole time came crashing into the ground with a large crack. He glanced over at it with a look of displeasure on his face, upset at having been interrupted while trying to speak, yet the bag did nothing to respond like it would have before. Perhaps the object inside was done doing whatever it was that drove a bottle to be ridiculous.

"I was struck on the foot by an object in my home. A bottle, if you will."

The man was well aware of how ridiculous that sounded, he being an adult and most adults having the decency to back away from anything that fell in their direction. It would have had to have been something really heavy too to break a grown man's foot, nothing simple like a book. A bookcase, perhaps.

"This bottle here."

Jarett reached into his bag and pulled out the offending object, the glass looking no worse for the wear despite having crashed down into so many things along the way here and only moments ago. If anything the glass seemed to be shining, like it was beaming with some form of bottle-ish pride, and Jarett frowned as he looked it over.

"It may not seem like much, but that object there has been giving me quite a bit of grief since my first discovery of it. I'm starting to believe things that are impossible for a man of my place to see, but. . .well, do see."

Without any thought Jarett tossed the bottle at the ground, intent to make it contact, when the bottle seemed to suddenly stop and hover mere centimeters from contact. It floated back up, as if weightless, and hovered over one of the man's feet. It happened to be over his bruised one and seemed to know it, for within seconds of elevation it came crashing back down - only to miss by Jarett's quick movements. The floor was not so lucky for the contact, now spouting a small crater.

"As you can see."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:59 pm
Marijus was content to listen to the man prattle on about his mishap but just as soon as he began talking, he was interrupted. Watching the goings on, he wondered about the bag for a moment until his unasked question was soon answered. "A dust?" He breathed.

Cada was just as baffled but not too surprised at finding Jarett had been carrying around a dust bottle. The heavy feeling he'd gotten was definitely from the bottle that had been tossed to the ground. Watching the bottle float gave Cada a reason to smile and clap his hands much like a child. "Wow. It can hover..." he breathed moving near to it. Though as he did the bottle began hovering over Jarett's bad foot only to freefall... "Ah..." Thankfully Jarett moved his foot.

"That's a daring little dust you got there." Marijus commented absently. Turning to jot down his findings he omitted the true reason for Jarett's broken foot and decided to make up something more feasible. No need for this guy going to the 'fun factory' for something that only a select few humans would understand. "Well if it makes you feel any better my dust bottle got me sicker than a dog." Marijus turned around to glare at Cada who had the decency to blush.

"Papa it wasn't like I did it on purpose... its how we show affection at that stage." Though for Cadaver he didn't remember much in that stage, just a dark existence and his papa's grumpy voice. Looking to the bottle he gave a nod. "Isn't that right. You were just happy? You didn't mean to break his foot right?" At least he hoped not.

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:17 pm
The bottle didn't answer, of course. It was just a bottle.

"Is this is how it wants attention, I'd hate to see it showing a dislike of something."

Jarett wasn't about to let anything more happen to his body, his whole nervous system shaking now that moving his foot so quickly had stirred up a wave or two of pain. He brushed a few strands of hair back behind one of his ears, showing off a large goose egg and several bruises along his temple. He looked a little sad, like someone who had been abused. If one hadn't just seen the display the bottle had produced you might have thought Jarett was being beaten.

"And you're calling it a dust? What is that, some kind of new specie?"

The man had a vague memory of someone before telling him about it, but it had been a while back and Jarett wasn't too keen on remembering his own history. It wasn't that he wanted to forget, he just had other things to constantly worry about.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:34 am
Marijus sighed moving over to Jarett to inspect him further. The knot on his head would definitely need attention. The guy just looked worn and beat; jotting information down on his clipboard he set it aside pulling up a chair and just stared. "That is what they are called. Dusts." He informed, "Say ahh..." While instructing the man for a full check up, he continued to explain things best he could.

"A while back I stumbled upon a bottle much like that. It reeked of course but somehow had an interesting glow. As time passed it began omitting a seriously foul odor and before I knew it I was sick as a dog." He checked the man's ear canal next, nothing out of the ordinary there. Wrapping firm hands around his arms, "Let me know if it hurts." He began squeezing gently. "After a while the bottle came up missing. I panicked but lo and behold, that creature popped out as a child."

"Hey! I'm not a creature." Cadaver protested moving over to inspect the bottle. "I don't remember much in this stage. Flickers of memory really. Papa always being grumpy and feeling kinda sad that I couldn't play." He tried recapping those moments but it'd been some time ago. Poking at the Rindou bottle he giggled feeling an energy that just drew you in to him. "He's cute." Cada pointed out and slipped away so as not to get in the bottle's personal space to much.

"At any rate..." Finishing with the left arm and moving to the right then checking his legs in the same manner. "It's not an easy task taking care of these dusts. They're special that much I can tell you. Each one is different from the next and to some degree I think they are chosen to be with specific guardians for a reason." Marijus wondered about this, a dust of pestilence handed to a doctor who fights off sickness and disease what were the odds of that?

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:51 pm
The bottle seemed to be pleased(?) at the compliments that came its way, the little bugger hovering up into the air before repeating its crash to the ground. Jarett was praying deep inside that the clinic wouldn't charge him anything for the damage some strange object was causing, but then again he could never be sure about anything.

If and when a child came, as the black-haired man was slowly trying to understand, would it remember as well? Breaking Jarett's foot, damaging property without much thought? He was almost terrified to think of what a child could do to his collection of books.

"I don't really understand then why he came to me. A Dust that does nothing but attack me and leave me bruised and sometimes bloodied is suited for me? I do nothing but spend time in a museum, sorting through-"

Jarett had felt no pain while the doctor inspected his arms and one of his legs, though the moment Marijus's hands touched the leg possessing the broken foot a thin hiss of pain issued itself from his lips. His whole face seemed to grow paler as he exhaled, the breath almost a choking gasp, and after a moment or two he bit his lower lip to prevent any further cries. There was no need to thoroughly embarrass himself, not like this.

"Ah, yes, that....that hurt quite a bit."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:46 am
Marijus shrugged at Jarett's initial comment of dusts and how they were chosen for specific humans to take care of them. He himself wasn't completely sure on that but figured some if not all the guardians had some of those factors. Then again he wondered about a raincloud dust being given to a chef? When Jarett did protest to some pain in his leg, he gave a curt nod. "Broken." Was all he said and simply jotted it down. "I'll arrange for you to get a cast put on, they won't be able to do it today but you're gonna have to stay the night." He commented finishing up his notes he sighed and looked to Jarett with a little more than an annoyed expression. He was tired and ready to go home but knew Cada would beg to go out and do something 'fun'.

"I'm gonna give this to the nurse she'll set up a room for you and get you admitted." Though with having that bottle around it didn't seem safe to keep him in the clinic either. All the craters and property damage would be racking up charges for the man surely. Sighing he left the room to inform the nurse. Maybe he'd find a way to cover for the man if he could control that bottle a little better.

Cadaver on the other hand was curious to know what would become of the bottle. What kind of dust would be born this time? "Do you have a name?" Thinking about that odd ball question, Cada turned a bit red around the cheeks. "Well I mean did you have any in mind?" It wasn't like Jarett would know what kinda kid was gonna emerge. A girl? A boy? Maybe the first genderless dust?

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:22 am
"A name? Why would I name it?"

Jarett looked confused for a moment after the doctor had left, leaving him alone with the strange boy from before. He wasn't too pleased to be told he'd have to stay overnight for a cast (not to mention his foot really was broken, the denial of it all finally going away), but it seemed like there was no choice left for him from this point out.

Instead he turned his focus to the question at hand, thinking of an answer. He would obviously have to name this thing, since if a child did come out he would be damned to just call it 'it' and not by anything proper. Jarett was a gentleman in his own mind.

" . . . Probably something to do with flowers. anything I've ever had I've always given a flower name to, so I don't think anything should be different in this case. Perhaps. . . .Rindou? It means 'bellflower' and could probably work for a boy for a girl."

He wasn't going to be too picky, and was pretty sure that whatever emerged wasn't going to be the picky type either.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:27 pm
"Bellflower...?" Cada thought this over in his mind but then shrugged it off. He really had no right to judge a name considering his own which a botched attempt on his own. He knew for sure Marijus had no intention of calling him a corpse. "It's pretty." He finally bleated out deciding that was the best response for now.

Moments later Marijus came back in shedding from his coat to toss it on a chair. "Well the nurse is setting everything up. For now I'll just get it out of this boot and wrap it properly til we get that cast on."It was all he could do for now. "Here." Handing the man a pair of crutches he turned his gaze to the bottle with a sigh. "Think that thing can chill on property damage long enough for you to get through the night?" He asked both the bottle but mostly Jarett. Bottled dusts were just unpredictable there was no reasoning with them.

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:49 pm
"In terms of activity it gets quieter the later the day wears on, enough that it stops at night. It should be calming down soon, what with the sun having already set, but I'm not going to be definite on anything. This is all very new to me."

At home the bottle did act rather odd during the daytime hours that it spent with Jarett, the activities it performed increased early in the morning and slowing down as the hours passed. At night it was silent and appeared like a normal bottle, giving the weary man some time to rest. He gratefully took the crutches after his foot had been placed into the temporary cast, getting up from a seated position. The bottle merely clanged to the floor as the man rose, rolling over and bumping against the side of his foot. He bent to pick it up, amused at how little it weighed.

"Thank you again, Doctor. I really don't know what to do from here on out, but . . . ."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:32 pm
"I'm sure you'll manage." Marijus offered, reaching over to the counter which held a flask. Removing the top he took a good long swig of the drink inside wiping at his mouth with a satisfied. "Aaah!"

"Papa!" Cada whined wanting very desperately for the man to give up his drinking habit. At the very least he didn't have to do it while on the job. Sighing he went to Jarett's side. "If you like I can come visit you after the cast is put on. Maybe the bottle would like some company." It was a far fetched idea but he didn't mind coming to visit the man and make sure the bottle was okay too.

Marijus rolled his eyes heading for the door. "Follow me the nurse is waiting." Moving down the hall at a fair speed so Jarett could keep up a nurse was waiting down the hall with a clipboard. "He's all yours nurse." With that Marijus turned on his heels heading down the adjacent hall. "Lets go kid I'm thirsty."

"Papa!" Sighing again Cadaver turned with a slight bow. "We'll see you again I'm sure." He offered and hurried after his papa wailing at the man for being so inconsiderate of his patients. God things never changed.

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items