Reply "TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum
If you are a true gamer...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ethrawl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:13 pm
Then you would know that graphics are not as important as a solid story and solid gameplay. Because graphics are just eye candy, what really counts is the experience you get out of it. Sure the graphics help, but they don't determine if it's a good game or not. Take Crysis for example. Great graphics, horse s**t story. I wouldn't waste money on the game personally.

Most companies now a days focus too much on graphics and not enough on gameplay and story. They need to reverse that.

Anyways, I think that concludes my rant. =P

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:33 am
Sup mindset of modern game developers.

Seriously, good graphics do not excuse terrible gameplay. The same can be said for HD and Blu-Ray movies: If it's not entertaining, why bother?  

The Timid Thinker

Executive Anubis

Shirtless Husband

11,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:27 am
Yeah everyone rags on L4D for "not having ******** amazing graphics" or some bullshit. It's like, screw off, it doesn't need to have ******** amazing graphics. They're pretty decent if you ask me, and if you're playing it at the correct difficulty then you're so busy being continually attacked that you won't even notice.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:22 am
Oh what problems I almost got in when the little brats I had to service at the toystore were cracking down on graphics in certain games. I'm one that still loves playing on his Atari 2600, an age in which graphics were either clear or unclear not pretty or ugly. Where imagination was necessary to make that one little square be a ******** awesome tank and not just a square. People still play Pong, people still play galaga. Why? Because the gameplay is timeless. Not because over the years the graphics got prettier.  

Garynook

6,950 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

bulbasaur27

Girl-Crazy Lover

10,875 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:25 pm
it's true graphics are being a critical factor in a games these days but they'll never beat the classics like pac-man or galga or even asteroids  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:30 pm
yes i agree holey((sp))
ill give a more recent example then the pong and atari games((never played it)) i think oblivion pales in comparision to morrowind in the elder scroll game series, why. becuase in morrowind it seemed more limitless in a lot more ways, more magic avaliable((mark and recal, awsome once you get good enough not to fail casting it)) more weapons to choose from((more then just swords, axes, and such in oblivion)) and more armor((you can for example get unarmored which means you get tougher skin and thus get bonuses when not wearing armor or something like that))
though oblivion looked better, morrowind had a better story to me, shure saving the world is nice, but having your character a reincarnated dunmer hero who got betrayed and his freind is wanting a reuinion((shame you couldnt unite with dagoth ur and went and controled the heart and became a mortal god like vivic))
also the weapons looked tons better in morrowind then in oblivion despite the lesser graphics((better designed))
all in all morrowind in my opinion had few problems, one beign some glitches that happen but what game doesnt have them. and even then it was minor  

idiotic randomness

axelpwnsuall

3,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:05 pm
This is very true. Take for example Metal Gear Solid 1, you couldn't see any of the peoples faces for crying out loud, but it was still an amazing game! (Although, it WAS for the ps1, and considering the only game i played in 1997*When MGS was released, methinks* was spyro the dragon, I'm not exactly sure what qualified as "good graphics" back then...And im not saying that spyro was a bad game either, infact the original beats the living crap outta the newer ones that are out now. ;p)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:45 pm
dreams into nights yami
yes i agree holey((sp))
ill give a more recent example then the pong and atari games((never played it)) i think oblivion pales in comparision to morrowind in the elder scroll game series, why. becuase in morrowind it seemed more limitless in a lot more ways, more magic avaliable((mark and recal, awsome once you get good enough not to fail casting it)) more weapons to choose from((more then just swords, axes, and such in oblivion)) and more armor((you can for example get unarmored which means you get tougher skin and thus get bonuses when not wearing armor or something like that))
though oblivion looked better, morrowind had a better story to me, shure saving the world is nice, but having your character a reincarnated dunmer hero who got betrayed and his freind is wanting a reuinion((shame you couldnt unite with dagoth ur and went and controled the heart and became a mortal god like vivic))
also the weapons looked tons better in morrowind then in oblivion despite the lesser graphics((better designed))
all in all morrowind in my opinion had few problems, one beign some glitches that happen but what game doesnt have them. and even then it was minor

I don't know i liked morrowind but it was hard to play in my opinion it was to glitchy, but i agree it was limitless, and if its the graphics ((i don't care much for them)) if you have the CPU version there are Mods to fix the graphics to more oblivion style, and it makes the game play so much more absorbing, though i don't liek the storyline as well as Oblivion's, it was alot easier to mod than Oblivion ever could have been. I mean i build a freaking tunnel system that went under the whole continent!  

The_Cursed_Phoenix

Master Azrael Reaper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:48 pm
this is why i love nintendo, honestly. they still focus on gameplay before graphics. Not that they CAN"T do great graphics, as they proved at the end of gamecube/ start of wii with zelda twilight princess. that game had both great gameplay AND great graphics.

y'now, outta all the games that came out this past christmas season, i think the one that i loved the most was...... "new super mario bros wii" !!!

Why? because it has solid gameplay, and was remeniscent to the great gameplay of the classic mario games of the late 80s and the 90s.  
"TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games