Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
So my 21st birthday is coming up Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Buy a gun
  In mah mouth
  p***y Out
  LIke a BOSS
View Results

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:39 am
And, I've been thinking about all the things you can do when you turn 21.

I'm not a big drinker, so I probably won't go out and get drunk.

However, I thought, tax returns come back around the same time as my birthday, and I'll probably get a little extra cash from my relatives.

So, I'm thinking about buying a gun.

A friend of mine is big into handguns offered to teach me proper handling and so forth.

It's not that it's needed at all, for self defense even, but it's more the idea of learning something that I know rather little about.

Thoughts?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:55 am
I've never shot a gun before. I'm more of a knife person, then a gun person. Sorry, but if I did get a gun, it would be a shotgun type.  

Dana Pixie Stix

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:09 am
I'm not fond of guns at all, really...

But as long as you promise not to shoot anyone unless they're being REALLY stupid...sounds like it could be cool to learn to handle a gun. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:04 am
Think they shouldbe illegal like they are here =P Think there would be less school shootings if people couldn't access gun's that easily  

Zaoth Kun
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Darth Steven 09

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:17 am
Zaoth Kun
Think they shouldbe illegal like they are here =P Think there would be less school shootings if people couldn't access gun's that easily

while that is ture, the school shootings wouldnt be present at all if idiots didnt cause kids to do so. Guns arnt the problem there, its kids pushing other kids to the edge and adults not doing enough to prevent it. I think owning a gun can be a good thing, as long as your not a psyco and you know the dangers of owning one and know how to correctly handle one. Not that I dont trust your friend, but I suggest you go to a professional.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:58 am
Zaoth Kun

I'm in South Carolina. We're the most lenient state in existence.

Quote:
Not that I dont trust your friend, but I suggest you go to a professional.

Oh, I would, once I actually got one. You can take a class to get a concealed carry permit and prove proficiency. Not that I'd ever need the permit, but I'd certainly take the class assuming I could afford it.

I already know about rifles and shotguns, of course. My father .30-30 in the house, for that matter.  

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Angie moo
Crew

Rainbow Fatcat

13,375 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:55 pm
I'm pro on weapons, hell if I could I'd get my M-16 back ~ <3 *sigh* I miss the army >w< I could take my weapon apart and put it back together in two mins~  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:27 am
I have to ask why?
I get the point of learning something new but learn to rockclimb or jump of a plane or something, that's new too.
I'm against guns. People wouldn't even need them for self protection if they were not allowed in any case. Don't you people have shooting galleries(or what ever they are called) that rent guns?  

doubledaisy

4,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Angie moo
Crew

Rainbow Fatcat

13,375 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:41 am
Not in Kansas, there is out door ranges but those don't provide hand guns for rent.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:06 am
you could buy a gun, but you won't be able to carry it around alot. i would learn ultimate defenses like martials art. :3  

Ritsmi

Familiar Player

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:44 am
MidnightXUchiha
you could buy a gun, but you won't be able to carry it around alot. i would learn ultimate defenses like martials art. :3

He could get a concealed weapons permit, it would allow him to carry it anywhere unless specified, like in Arizona bars won't let you bring guns in.
Actually in Arizona you can carry a gun around even with out a permit as long as it isn't concealed. Friend of mine carries his assault riffle around and its perfectly legal.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:29 pm
TheBlueWarrior
MidnightXUchiha

He could get a concealed weapons permit, it would allow him to carry it anywhere unless specified, like in Arizona bars won't let you bring guns in.
Actually in Arizona you can carry a gun around even with out a permit as long as it isn't concealed. Friend of mine carries his assault riffle around and its perfectly legal.

As far as I understand, it's the other way around here. You can buy a gun without registration, but you need a concealed carry permit to carry it at all. However, you HAVE to conceal it. A separate permit is required for carrying a non-concealed weapon, which isn't available to the general public.

A member of our church teaches the training necessary for concealed carry, so it'd be worth looking into.  

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:19 pm
Awiergan Retribution
TheBlueWarrior
MidnightXUchiha

As far as I understand, it's the other way around here. You can buy a gun without registration, but you need a concealed carry permit to carry it at all. However, you HAVE to conceal it. A separate permit is required for carrying a non-concealed weapon, which isn't available to the general public.

A member of our church teaches the training necessary for concealed carry, so it'd be worth looking into.

Woa, I've missed something in the time i've been gone or I've never noticed it before, you just say church?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:12 am
TheBlueWarrior
Woa, I've missed something in the time i've been gone or I've never noticed it before, you just say church?

My parents are fundamentalists. Doesn't mean I am, but they are. I could have sworn I'd mentioned this before.  

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Clefaiiry

Intellectual Sex Symbol

9,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:21 am
User Image
My dad's a hardcore gun owner. So I've shot my fair share of bullets (and miss my mark).
It's fun, and there's a certain thrill to it.
Don't even comment that I'm a psycho people. It's still fun to shoot guns. It's NOT fun to shoot people.

General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff