Welcome to Gaia! ::

∞ Life Dust ∞

Back to Guilds

The location of Dust journals, RPs, some events and quests. 

Tags: Life Dust, Fantasy, Roleplay, Aimes, Events 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] Heavy Conversation & Colorful Commentary

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:56 pm
who : Rindou & Jarett, with Lemon & Friday
where : Outside a market (?) - on the streets
when : Late afternoon, as the sun is setting
weather : Slight chill but otherwise pleasant

Jarett wasn't so sure that letting him outside this early was such a good idea. It had been only a few days since the boy had come out from the Bottle, and even less than that since they both discovered together a certain aspect of Rindou's personality that would forever cripple his ability to properly interact. No well, perhaps cripple wasn't the correct word to use, seeing as Rindou seemed to be flourishing despite his newly acquired lack of vision.

The two were walking side by side, a piece of rope around Rindou's wrist tying him to Jarett's crutch. The man still couldn't walk on his own without the aid of his crutches, and he certainly knew that he wouldn't be able to chase down a running youth who couldn't see where they were going. . . so it was easiest to make some sort of leash for the boy. Rindou had at first protested, but Jarett was finding that ignoring his complaints were actually quite easy to do. Certainly a lot easier now than when he'd been a Bottle.

"WHERE ARE WE GOING?"

Rindou finally spoke since their first time out, his loud voice booming against the silence that an isolated sidewalk presented. It was late afternoon, with the sun setting to their backs, so many people were not out to brave against the cold. Jarett had thought this a good time to take Rindou to the streets, seeing as there wouldn't be folks around and incidents could be prevented. this turned out to be a wise choice, what with Rindou lunging around on his makeshift leash, and Jarett could only imagine the chaos that would ensue should the boy have been able to contact with someone.

"WELL?"

"To the market, I've got a few things I need to buy."

The man left it at that as he continued to crutch his way down the street, every now and then pausing to readjust his sunglasses or to yank back the overenthusiastic white-haired child.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:13 pm
It should have not taken this long. A simple trip to the market, that is all Friday really wanted. To grab a few supplies, mostly food, and head back home. Yet a certain child had prevented the attempt to have a calm outing. Not that Lemon was hyper active, it was not that at all, but he had a thirst for knowledge that was never quenched. Countless questions were asked, a handful amount of strangers bothered, flowers plucked, branches dragged, leafs ripped, singing, dancing, staring! IT WAS DRIVING FRIDAY INSANE.

But!

The young man held back. Each question was answered, with a tinge of sarcasm. As for everything else, well, it all went pretty smoothly. Friday thanked the heavens above when most of the civilians approached by the colour dust seemed quite overjoyed with the child. It was a bit confusing at first, to see them all smile down at him, even after being pestered...but Friday understood. To a certain extent. The kid a certain, uh, something! Yeah, a certain something about him that really brought up your spirits. If you didn't have to prepare dinner for him, clean him, and put him to sleep.

Oh the life of a father. The life Friday did not ask for and kind of regretted. Accepting that bottle put a stop to most of his after work activities. Dammit.

" Fri, Fri! Where are we goin' again? I'm a hungry. " Lemon spoke with a smile, swinging around the umbrella that he never seemed to part with.

" Please stop being so active and walk calmly? You're giving me a headache..." Friday sighed, rubbing his temples. Maybe he'd shut up for once. Or was that asking for too much?

" LOOK AT HO- " The words being spoken by the platinum blond child were cut short. He had fallen face first into the cement. The duo was silent for a while, and motionless. As if time had stopped.

bugpoison

Aged Noob

2,000 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:22 pm
"DID YOU HEAR SOMETHING? I THINK I HEARD SOMETHING OVER THERE, WE NEED TO GO CHECK IT OUT."

Rindou turned his head in the direction of what sounded like someone falling over, his eyebrows lifting themselves beneath the blindfold he wore. Of course the surprised look was missed by the man other than the fact that Rindou's mouth was wide, wide open. That and he was tugging on the crutch like a dog tugged on a leash, ready to bolt over to whatever had gotten his attention. Jarett had to put some heavy pressure on his crutch to keep it from being yanked out from underneath his arm, and he reached down to give the rope a firm tug of understanding.

"We're going to walk over there and you're not going to touch anything. It looks like he's got someone with him already and you're not to make it any worse. Do you understand?"

Rindou nodded his head vigrousouly and started back over, one of his arms waving over his head as he tried to move quickly.

"HEY HEY. HEEEEEEEY."

"Rindou, you need to say more than hey."

". . . . .HEY YOU."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:09 pm
At some point Friday fought off the laughter crawling out, inching it's way closer the longer he stared at the child on the floor. It was a battle he was not destined to win. So out it went, in a rather over dramatic burst, disrupting any silence any other civilian may have been indulging in. Normally, Friday would have cared since he was not the type to feed off other's attention, but at this point none of that matter. He felt great, wonderful even! But he calmed himself enough to finally speak.

" Hate to say I told you so. " The guardian went down on his knees to get a closer look. Last thing they needed to do was to spend more money on medical supplies.

Lemon lifted his face abruptly, and turned to the older man. What seemed like blood was now pouring from the child's nose. Well, Friday ASSUMED it was blood. If it was not for the fact that it was different shades of colours. Yes, it was everything BUT red. Quite literally, Lemon was currently bleeding out the rainbow. Yet he still managed to smile, and even speak normally. " Told me what? "

A unexpected, and rather obnoxious greeting caught both of their attentions. In unison they turned to the source and noticed a child. A strange one at that. Not that Lemon or Friday had any room to judge. Lemon was the first to reply, always eager to meet new people. " HELLO YOU! " Pearly whites still exposed, possibly giving him quite a frightful appearance. Rainbow blood plus smile, not the best combo out there.

Friday shook his head in shame, even looked to the side in hopes the weirdo was talking to anyone BUT them.

Oh how he hoped so.

bugpoison

Aged Noob

2,000 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:15 pm
Jarett gave another tug of the leash and Rindou toppled backwards into the man, his arms flailing a bit as he tried to steady himself. Thankfully he landed against Jarett's legs and stayed upright, his blindfolded head lifting up to look as if he could really see Jarett's expression and reason for doing so. Nothing was given other than the man sighing and Rindou quickly righted himself before he went back to waving; his direction was quite off and Jarett had to move his hand so he waved at the people and not a bush.

"HELLO OVER THERE. MY NAME IS RINDOU. YOU FEEL FAMILIAR, LIKE I SHOULD KNOW YOU."

There was no hesitation in the Dust's words or his steps, his pace slower though thanks in part to Jarett tugging and not letting him go on. It was clear the human male was tired and not wanting to deal with his little partner, though Rindou was oblivious to it and just wanted to get closer to the thing that felt so much like him. Jarett just wanted to go home, a sheepish and apologetic smile on his face in regards to the other man who stood with the rather bright child.

This other child was clearly not human, most likely a Dust, and Jarett wondered if it was such a common event for people who had bottles turned children to meet with one another. He certainly hoped not, his accents were still needing work. Today he picked one that sounded like the sea, like a man of the sea to be more exact.

"Good afternoon."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:04 pm
Yup!
Friday's assumptions were proving to be correct when the two neared. Mostly for the child, who's appearance was equally as disturbing. White, grey, and black. Grey being the kid's actual skin tone, and the human was pretty damn positive that color was not possible to obtain normally. Yet rainbow blood was also unbelievable. Had Friday missed something? Were these children really children? Or were they completely different beings? And what did that one line mean? "Like I should know you " Friday replayed the grey child's shouting.

That man, this child, Friday would had to direct these questions at them. Maybe answers would provide him with some comfort.

But all of that had to wait, Lemon needed to be treated. No matter how much the young man denied it, he was now a father figure and along with that came the responsibility of this odd child. No matter if he was human or not.

" Yeah, nothing good has happened. But afternoon nonetheless. " Friday realized how rude his words may have come off, but none of that worried him. " Um, this may come off as a bit odd " He blushed. Embarrassed of the question he was just about to ask. " Would you come with me to find, uh, something for this dummy? " There was a pause. " I'd really like to ask you some questions. " Friday looked away, knowing full well how odd the request was. Friends asked one another to tag along, not strangers.

The color dustling wondered over to the other child, skipping with each step. The blood came to a stop, hardening a bit as a breeze or two flowed against the group. Lemon was happy, ignoring the pain that seemed to be clawing, ripping, gnawing at his nose. He also felt the same as the other, as if he should know him. " Wow! You look really neat! " Lemon commented, looking the other male over. He had never seen anyone with these sort of traits. " Wowowow! You even cover your eyes. Why? " Lemon was blunt. " Do your eyes hurt? " He couldn't imagine any other reason for someone to cover their eyes. Friday sometimes did the same when they were back home. Complain about a headache, cover his eyes, and then sleep for long long time.

bugpoison

Aged Noob

2,000 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:45 pm
"NOPE, MY EYES DON'T HURT. THE BLINDFOLD IS FOR PROTECTION JARETT SAYS. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS, BUT IT MAKES THE SCARY STUFF GO AWAY."

Rindou crossed his arms, smug that someone was giving him compliments. He'd never been outside much before since Jarett had said it was unsafe and the man was always in constant pain from his hurt leg. Rindou didn't know how Jarett came to be in a cast and didn't really want to ask, since every time he brought it up he got a look from his guardian that could wither flowers.

"I'd be more than glad to assist you. It looks like I wouldn't be able to tear Rindou away from your. . . .well, anyway. It's best to let him socialize with someone of his own kind. Also I'm not sure how much I can answer for you, but I'll do my best."

It was the curator in Jarett that made him polite and want to help others when he knew something, and it was sorta the maternal (?) instinct in him that wanted to stop the weird looking blood that leaked from the colorful child. He was really glad that Rindou couldn't see this kid, he'd probably have a stroke and the trees would come flying from the ground. That was bad.

"Let's go over there and get some water from the bathroom. I know I've got some rags and a few bandages we can use to get his face wiped up."

He always carried spares. Rindou preferred to be barefoot and the ground was always cruel on bare feet.

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games