Reply Community Lounge
All ye Catholics, heed this lulzy warning! (FIXED) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:04 pm
So a few weeks back I got this reall lulzy comic strip in the mail. I'm not quite sure what religious group its from but it gobsmacked me. I was shocked at how harsh it was. But I guess that's what scare tactics do. Once I was over that I found it to be horribly lulzy and packed full of corny corn. xD

It's also the same "shoved-down-your-throat' crap that turns me far away from religion. If I believed in god I still don't hink I'd belong to a church because they just piss me off with stuff like this. Anyway....

I hope you all enjoy this as muc has I did xD.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:06 pm
Sorta small. O_O  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:07 pm
Is there any way to link it...? It's so big my browser automatically resizes it into something teeenytiny.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:12 pm
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Something happened the picture is way to tiny! I stuffed up somewhere T.T maybe photoshop shrunk it when I saved it, the width was supposed to be 600 pixels. And I didn't make a copy T.T

I spent like an entire hour cutting and pasting into a nice neat easy to read thing D:

EDIT: Wait. It was photobucket that shrunk it. it's too big to host so they made it smaller, dammit. Anyone know a place I acn host it without it getting shrunk? res is 600 x 7320.  

Surazal Dloc

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:26 pm
I'll paint you mornings of gold,
I'll spin you Valentine evenings...

Try Tinypic.com?

I see those comics in the streets every once in a while. They make me giggle. On occasion, they'll get stuck with our newspaper or on our gate.

Though we're strangers till now,
We're choosing a path between the stars.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:02 pm
Kals is questing again!

HAH that is freaking awesome.

Check sig for details!

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:12 pm
Baptists? I should have known. D8<  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:12 pm
lol

Oh my.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

LIRss

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:13 pm
I like how they say that going to church is bad and baptism isn't real, then they say to go to church and blah blah blah. Lol.
Sadly some churches will do just about anything to get you to "believe".  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:15 pm
My friend, who is studying to be a baptist minister, would not want to be associated with whoever put out that tract. xD  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:32 am
Well at the very least it's a good reminder to not believe whole heartedly what people tell you no matter how "Official" they are supposed to be.
And considering how many times the bible has been rewritten I'm not believing what's in there word for word either.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:02 am
Ah, yes. *eyeroll* Chick publications. There's other amusing ones, too, if you poke around on his site.  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:19 pm
We've seen a few of these Chick publications things. One was left on my car... I wanted to snap on the person because those things are just horrible! They are great for proving that there are people who go WAY too overboard though.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:05 pm
Elcia

And considering how many times the bible has been rewritten I'm not believing what's in there word for word either.

Well, you do have to take into account the cultural context in which it was written in order for it to have any meaning anyways.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

124-C

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:57 am
aretoo
Ah, yes. *eyeroll* Chick publications. There's other amusing ones, too, if you poke around on his site.

They're the same ones that did the tract about how rollplaying games are used to recruit people into cults, yes? There was the chick in it that committed suicide because her character died in the game?

It always amazes me what people think we should believe.

Kalstolyn
Elcia

Well, you do have to take into account the cultural context in which it was written in order for it to have any meaning anyways.

I have to wonder if Elcia means rewritten as in copied, translated, or actually edited for content.

See, back in the day, they copied all that s**t by hand and mistakes would be made. When they saw that a mistake was made in the copy (usually omitted words or lines), they would correct it in the margins. The problem is, the scribes would also scribble notes and impressions and such in the margins. So, over time, it got hard to tell just what was and what wasn't supposed to be there.

Then there's the translations. And translations of translations. Anyone know if they've finished the Klingon version yet?

As for the last one, well, religion is powerful. People like power.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff