• Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:48 pm
[≈ ≈] Waterfall [≈ ≈]

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:23 pm
User Image

Zerus walked through the forest and came upon a flowing river. The river's bank was sandy and the conditions outside were sunny and clear. Perfect for training. He looked up and to his right and saw a massive cliff with a waterfall flowing down its face. The waterfall brought back memories of Zerus and his wife. They used to come here all the time and relax and talk. He sighed at the thoughts and awaited his student's arrival.

User Image  

Arsinian

Versatile Explorer

Mana_ecl Zetsuya

Bashful Seeker

9,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:54 pm
User Image
Marciel Suigetsu

"Forgive me sir, I got a little caught up," the student commented simply, as he gazed upon the waterfall. He'd seen it a few times before, because his mother favored this location when she wanted to hydrate in a more thorough way. Nonetheless, he smiled softly, reminiscing on the years he'd spent there with his sister and mother. He wondered what exactly they would be doing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:38 am
User Image
Village: Kirigakure

User Image

"Don't worry about it." Zerus said as he turned around to face Marciel. He walked past him and stopped in front of a tree that sat a few yards away from the river. "Alright." He said as he turned around to face Marciel once again. "First, you're going to climb this tree, using only your feet and chakra. Do you already know how to do so?" He said, wondering what the boy had been taught in the Academy.

Arsinian

Versatile Explorer

Mana_ecl Zetsuya

Bashful Seeker

9,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:08 am
User Image
Marciel Suigetsu

The young Suigetsu watched as the man approached one of the nearby trees, and he figured that he'd be doing something with that, and merely moments later, Zerus began to speak of tree climbing. He'd given it a few attempts before, but it had been something that hadn't stuck too well. "Well, sir. I've done it once or twice, but practice could still be a good idea," the student stated simply.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:08 pm
User Image

User Image

"Alright. I'll go over what you have to do, just in case you've forgotten." He stood straight up and a purple glow emitted from the soles of his feet. "First you must channel your chakra to your feet and focus on maintaining the chakra there." He then started to walk backwards and up the the trunk of the tree. He looked down at Marciel as he walked backwards up the tree. "Then, as you move up the tree, you must keep your chakra stable. You must put enough chakra out to stay on the tree but not too much or the bark will break and you will fall." He then walked onto a branch and was now hanging upside down but still looking down at Marciel. "Once you are able to climb up the tree to its tallest branch, I will teach you to do this which is a little trickier." The chakra at the soles of Zerus' feet disappeared and he fell. He did a front flip in mid-air and landed on his feet, a few feet in front of Marciel. He landed in a crouching position and stood upright. "Right before you know you're going to fall, I want you to mark the tree with your kunai so you know how much progress you are making." He said as he walked to Marciel and stood next to him, looking at the tree, waiting for him to start his training.

Arsinian

Versatile Explorer

Mana_ecl Zetsuya

Bashful Seeker

9,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:09 pm
User Image
Marciel Suigetsu

The young student paid great attention to his instructor's words. Every word the Mizukage would utter, would inevitably assist with the advancement in these techniques. Marciel didn't hesitate, drawing forth a kunai, and working to gather the chakra, a pale blue illuminating the bases of his feet, as he moved. Running up the side, mostly attempting to get it right, about five and a half feet or so up the tree, he began to fall, marking the tree as best he could. Now, he ended up falling to his back at the base of the tree, wind knocked out of him.
"Ow," he gasped simply. It was definitely not a time to rant on how painful it was.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:06 am
User Image

User Image

Zerus smiled as he watched Marciel run a few feet up the trunk of the tree and fall on his back. He remembered the first time he attempted to climb the same tree. He did practically the same as Marciel. The young Suigetsu reminded Zerus of himself when he was young. there was no doubt about that. "It's alright, the pain will go away after a while." He said as he stood and watched.

Arsinian

Versatile Explorer

Mana_ecl Zetsuya

Bashful Seeker

9,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:01 am
User Image
Marciel Suigetsu

"Yessir," Marciel answered swiftly, at least once he gained his breath back. Rising back, and settling solid upon his feet, again working on applying the chakra. He wasn't going to stop, jest because he fell onto a root or two. Taking a deep breath, he paid attention to how the chakra was flowing, taking a step up the tree. Sure, he was anxious, but he was going to do this as properly as he could. Once the foot stuck as he had hoped, up went his next, and he hurried. Four. Four and a half. Five. Five and a half again, roughly. Chalking another incision upon the bark, he noted he'd made it maybe half an inch higher. Again, he came plummeting to the earth.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:07 am
User Image

User Image

Zerus watched as the young ninja fell again. No pain no gain. He thought to himself as he continued to watch.

Arsinian

Versatile Explorer

Mana_ecl Zetsuya

Bashful Seeker

9,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:14 am
User Image
Marciel Suigetsu

Falling on roots was all well and good, to remind one not to do, but nonetheless, back upon his feet, the chakra gathered once more. Again, he took it easy, one step at a time up the side of the trunk. When one foot stuck, he moved on to the next one up. And he rose. Perhaps not as quickly as before, but it seemed to be working well enough. Once stable enough, he figured it to be alright.
"This isn't as difficult as I'd thought it would be," he stated simply, as he moved. Granted, he picked up the pace after a couple of feet, his progress upon the tree being quite a bit better, having risen nearly six feet and a quarter. Now, he had time to land properly though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:14 pm
User Image

User Image

"I'm glad you think so. But, you still have about another 54 feet to go." He said as he nodded toward the tree. He looked up and knew that the day would fly, training a new pupil rather than doing paperwork.

Arsinian

Versatile Explorer

Mana_ecl Zetsuya

Bashful Seeker

9,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:31 pm
User Image
Marciel Suigetsu

Fifty-four feet? Well... That made the task seem rather daunting, but he knew he had to do it. He wanted to become greater, so that he could begin working to aspire to that which his father had helped strengthen.
"Then back up I go," the boy answered simply, as he began to rise, one step at a time once more. He was deathly determined to make this work. There was a trick to it, at the very least, and it was about applying it as he had walking, to his running. With a deep breath, he moved slowly, after a few feet, he picked up the pace. Although, he made it about seven and a half feet, before plummeting. Again, onto his feet, he looked upon his instructor.
"Is there anything special to this?" he inquired.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:42 pm
User Image

User Image

"Well..." Zerus said as he rubbed his chin in thought. "When I first started, I imagined little hooks that sank into the bark of the tree. I would walk as if I had these hooks on my feet. And after a while, those hooks became spikes as I moved faster and now I don't really need those thoughts anymore." He said as he shrugged. "But everyone has their own way of doing things I guess."

Arsinian

Versatile Explorer

Mana_ecl Zetsuya

Bashful Seeker

9,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:08 pm
User Image
Marciel Suigetsu

Marciel listened rather carefully. He knew that the Mizukage's wisdom could be brought to some kind of use, even if it was some personal trick, he'd have to try it. Marciel's imagination had never been the greatest of things, but hooks and spikes? He could handle that much no problem. Again, he gathered chakra, the pale blue being twisted in his imagination to that of hooks, moving up carefully. He moved. The power of suggestion brought upon him was odd though, as he felt some difficult in moving his legs, as though he were tearing the hooks free. He couldn't believe his progress over time. He couldn't even tell how far up he was, when he started to fall. He simply slashed, and fell for what seemed like an eternity.
"It worked!" he exclaimed as he fell to the earth, landing and crumpling to the ground. The shock stung. That much was certain. The pain in his legs had to be some kind of indication.

→ The Younger Plane // The Gates of Discord

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff