Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Faith Being Tested

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:43 pm
Throughout our lives, our faith is often tested as Christians. I can't tell you how many times around the net, there have been pictures of disasters or something like that and it says, "Where is your God now?!" And sometimes for some, that can drag down your faith in God, wondering why these things happen. Sometimes I'm sure we wonder why bad things happen to good people at times.

Here, perhaps we can have a discussion about stories of our faith being tested and how we over came it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:17 pm
God is in control no matter what.

He wants us all to remember Him, and by doing that He blesses us with wonderful things. and most of the time we forget Him.
He lets things happen so WE WILL remember Him and thank HIM for those blessings He has givin' us.

- also, if any of you guys wanted to know what 'faith' is, heres a hint,
"forsaking all I trust Him"
(:

ohay its libb

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:42 pm
ohay its libb
God is in control no matter what.

He wants us all to remember Him, and by doing that He blesses us with wonderful things. and most of the time we forget Him.
He lets things happen so WE WILL remember Him and thank HIM for those blessings He has givin' us.

- also, if any of you guys wanted to know what 'faith' is, heres a hint,
"forsaking all I trust Him"
(:

Good way to put it =)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:09 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

It's not always about God testing our faith.
Sure we wonder why bad things happen to good people...
But what I believe is that no matter how "good" a person is,
they still sin and for every sin, there is a consequence.

God tests us
&
the Devil tempts us.

If you ever find yourself in this, get down on your knee's and pray,
go to God's Word and not only read it,
But let it bring you comfort, joy and peace!
And a renewal that God LOVES us enough to want us to live forever
and follow the path in which he's made for us.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

ohay its libb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:16 am
faithful quenga

It's not always about God testing our faith.
Sure we wonder why bad things happen to good people...
But what I believe is that no matter how "good" a person is,
they still sin and for every sin, there is a consequence.

God tests us
&
the Devil tempts us.

If you ever find yourself in this, get down on your knee's and pray,
go to God's Word and not only read it,
But let it bring you comfort, joy and peace!
And a renewal that God LOVES us enough to want us to live forever
and follow the path in which he's made for us.

AMEN.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:15 pm
my mother and the youth at my church went to Isreal and on there tour they went to the halocost museum and a man said to my mother if my family was put threw this tortured and killed would i still love god would i still pray to someone who let my whole family die? i would like every one here to think about that question  

shiasam

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:12 am
shiasam
my mother and the youth at my church went to Isreal and on there tour they went to the halocost museum and a man said to my mother if my family was put threw this tortured and killed would i still love god would i still pray to someone who let my whole family die? i would like every one here to think about that question

to be honest I might be bitter for a while... but think about it... if you're family believed in God and were saved, wouldn't you be happy for them? No more suffering here on earth, they're with their creator never to weep again! I would learn to be happy for my family and anticipate the day I would be reunited with them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:14 am
i would to but it would be very hard for me to go back to a god that let my family be tortured to death  

shiasam

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:01 am
shiasam
i would to but it would be very hard for me to go back to a god that let my family be tortured to death

Just because it happened does not mean that God liked it. God hates sin, it angers him and hurts him more than what we could ever feel.

There will be justice for the ones who committed those horrible acts, maybe not in this lifetime, but in the next. God sacrificed his own son, he watched his son be tortured and put to death.

The penalty for those sins are Death and Jesus died for those sins as well as yours. But that doesn't mean that those who sin won't face consequences.

It makes me have to think, if God sent his son to die for the sins I've committed against someone else and can save me from those sins and impurities then that means Jesus also died for the sins that are committed against you.

Do you recite the Lord's prayer often? Then you might want to just hum through the part where it says "forgive us our trespasses AS we forgive those who trespass against us" that means we ask god to forgive us just how we forgive others...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:19 pm
faithful quenga
shiasam

Just because it happened does not mean that God liked it. God hates sin, it angers him and hurts him more than what we could ever feel.

There will be justice for the ones who committed those horrible acts, maybe not in this lifetime, but in the next. God sacrificed his own son, he watched his son be tortured and put to death.

The penalty for those sins are Death and Jesus died for those sins as well as yours. But that doesn't mean that those who sin won't face consequences.

It makes me have to think, if God sent his son to die for the sins I've committed against someone else and can save me from those sins and impurities then that means Jesus also died for the sins that are committed against you.

Do you recite the Lord's prayer often? Then you might want to just hum through the part where it says "forgive us our trespasses AS we forgive those who trespass against us" that means we ask god to forgive us just how we forgive others...

your faith is truly beautiful.  

Saronei

10,200 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:33 pm
Saronei
faithful quenga
shiasam

your faith is truly beautiful.

thank you very much.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:54 pm
Everyday and every minute can be a test of faith. We must learn the answers and how to responed to the tests.  

frozen blue angel

3,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

digital_kobraX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:19 pm
shiasam

wow thats a good question
makes you think  
Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces