Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:04 pm
... And so the Dragonwinter continues...
Sometimes, the things that scare you the most quite literally come out of the dark. Sometimes, the darkness flows like water. Earth sits between dimensions and realities, almost acting as a nexus point. Sometimes the horrors just pass through; sometimes they take a souvenir with them. When you woke up this morning, you had no idea that you’d end up on a planet called Mira, half buried in a snow drift.

Mira isn’t like Earth. There’s no electricity there, there’s no TV, no internet and no Gaia. And it’s cold, so very cold. Mira used to be warmed by the dragons that lived there, but they left. Three hundred years Mira has been without Dragonsummer, three hundred years of ice. Mystics predicted this and no one listened. Mystics predicted the wars that happened in these three hundred years. No one listened. Now the mystics are predicting the arrival of strangers in even stranger clothing that will bring Dragonsummer back. The location of their arrival was vague, as always with mystics, and so to was the time of the arrival, but nonetheless arrive they did.

... and then they came...

Character rules:
  • Your characters are NOT mystics unless I specifically say then can be, in which case they will only be able to predict things when I give you permission. (I’m not trying to be a d**k, I just want to make sure everyone’s on an even footing here)
  • There are no guns of any type, Mira hasn’t discovered gunpowder yet.
  • Magic is something that everyone in this world has, but only under special guidance (that everyone will get, don’t worry) will they be able to use it. NO ONE STARTS WITH MAGIC POWERS. AT ALL.
  • Standard RP rules apply, No godmodding, no cybering, no killing/maiming/seriously injuring other players without permission, you know the drill.

... dressed in strange garb and speaking dialects not heard before...

Character application
  • Character name:
  • Brief bio (literally only a paragraph is needed:

... will they free us from this icy death...

Once accepted into the RP, your first post will need to detail the following things (This is one of the few times I’ll be telling you what to post, it won’t happen often):
A little bit about the day beforehand, maybe have a bit interaction with some throw-away characters before you get taken to Mira. Your posts can include other players as long as they consent to it.

Your abduction MUST include these items:
If you’re in a car, all lights and electronics MUST suddenly turn off.
If you’re in a train (like my character), any computer displays must display “UNRECOGNISED DESTINATION”, or something similar before shutting off/blowing out.
The darkness MUST flow like water.

... or will we be another marble in eternity...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:38 pm
Player Characters

User Image
Character name: Annabelle (Annie for short)
Controlled by: Bass
Bio: Annie is like most 21-year old girl. When she's not glued to her cellphone, she's on her social networking sites or out with her friends. Three years ago her best friend Sara disappeared on a camping trip, and Annie's had nightmares about her ever since.

User Image
Character name: Daniel (NEVER 'Danny'...)
Controlled by: Pisces
Bio: Daniel lives to immerse himself in as many vices as he can find. From smoking to drinking. Illicit sex to cocaine. He lives for the thrill of impulse. His only tether is his iPod, which he keeps at all times. Opportunity is his oyster to pluck from the reef, and he loves seafood...

User Image
* Character name: Jacob Chapman
* Controlled by: Roland
* Brief bio: Jake is pretty much the average, run-of-the-mill punk. He has a violent nature, and takes every chance he sees to become the dominant "alpha male" of whatever group he may be in. He is never unarmed, whether he be carrying a simple knife or something more. Right now, he has a small curved dagger strapped to his ankle.

User Image
Character name: Natalie (Nat)
Controlled by: Pickles
Brief bio: A high school senior. She's friendly and athletic, as well as a good student. Her life is fairly ordinary.

User Image
Character name: Marie
Controlled by: Yunie
Brief bio: Marie is a fairly normal girl. She loves music, and is rarely without any playing, either on her giant stereo or the headphones of her iPod. She's friendly, and has a fairly "just roll with it" attitude.

User Image
Character name: Bryce Barllett
Controlled by: Dai
Brief bio : Bryce is a computer programmer and MMORpG gamer, well he's an addict to be honest. He has a a definite caffeine reliance too. Bryce is Lazy, sometimes dishonest, but most of all, he is smart, and he WILL use that to his advantage.

User Image
* Character name: Jocelyn Parker
* Controlled by: Kerri
* Tektek: (She usually doesn't wear the raincoat, but it's raining out when she gets disappeared'd)
* Brief bio: Born and raised in the Canadian North West Territories, Jocelyn grew to hate the cold and snow of the north. She graduated high school early, then went south to Winnipeg to begin her bachelor's, before moving to England to escape the winter, where she finished her double major in Medicine and History. Finishing that, she stopped her schooling to travel the world to give humanitarian aid and help where ever she was welcomed. Currently involved with a charity play in Greece, she's discovering a profound love for sculpting.

User ImageName: Sophia "Phee" Wingrove
Bio: Phee is your average, artsy English major. She writes a lot, and prefers the classics to pop culture. She doesn't like people, and tends to try to keep to herself. It takes a great deal to earn her trust.

Non-Player Characters:

User ImageName: Kirrey
Brief bio: Kirrey lives in Waerhal, Several miles south of the ice plain where Annie and the others appeared in Mira. Her mother died of illness three years ago.

User ImageName: Rhysar
Brief bio: As an able male in Waerhal, Rhysar regularly participates in hunts with the other men for food for the village. His wife died from an illness three years ago, since then he has spent even more time hunting and working to make up for the lack of his wife in his daughters life.  

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:42 pm
Annie ran through the park, desperate to see if her snowman had survived the week. Most of the snow on the ground had either melted away or turned into a disgusting grey-brown slush on the ground. "C'mon, Jack! Hurry up!" She called back to Jack, who was lagging several meters behind. She'd dragged him through every clothes shop in town and he was exhausted from it.

"Slow down, five more minutes won't make a difference if it's still there!" Jack sighed and sped up slightly, there was no way he could keep up with her almost limitless amount of energy.

Annie stopped dead in her tracks and sighed, the snowman had melted away to nothing more than a mound of snow. "Awww, that snowman was awesome. Oh! There's some snow over there!" She rushed over a snow patch on the floor a few meters away and grabbed a handful of it. After half an hour of trying, they'd almost rebuilt it. Annie took a step back to admire their work, "Hmm... I suppose it's the best we could do with what we had..."

Three hours later, and it was time to say good-bye. Annie had a 2 hour train ride ahead of her, and it was starting to get dark. They stood on the platform and waited for the train to appear. Annie sighed, "I really don't want to go home, it's not fair! You should live closer to me." She said this every time she had to leave, but she knew nothing could change until Jack finished his university course.

The train arrived and after a few minutes and Annie boarded. Grabbing a seat by the window, she waved to Jack until he was out of sight. She put her headphones in and started listening to some music. After about an hour it started to stutter and garble the audio. Annie sighed and tried to reboot it, but it didn't turn back on after it had turned off. She grumbled something about unreliable technology and put it back in her bag.

She looked through the window, but it was completely black. Strange, I didn't think it was that late... Something caught Annie's attention from the corner of her eye. The display that usually displayed the next stop had started displaying "UNRECOGNISED DESTINATION".

"What the hell is that? Wait, are we even moving?!" Just as she spoke, the doors slid open with a sickening groan. Almost as if it were water, the darkness flowed into the train and pooled around Annie's legs. She screamed, but no one heard her. The darkness had spread up to her knees and she tried to get out of her seat. She made it three steps down the isle before she collapsed, something had sapped all of her energy.

Coldness bit through Annie, jarring her awake. She tried to move her arms to rub her eyes, but they were stuck. After a few seconds of struggle she managed to open her eyes, only to wish she'd kept them closed. Annie was half buried in snow at the bottom of a crater. Something moved at the lip and a voice shouted out "By the Dragon's Teeth, this one's alive!"

The figure at the lip of the crater disappeared for a second before returning and throwing a rope down and sliding down the walls of the crater. "Are you okay? You must be frozen!" The figure pulled its hood back to reveal their face. A girl, no older than seventeen stared back at Annie, piercing green eyes lit up what was otherwise a very stern face.

"I... I'm fine. I think. Where am I?" Annie choked, it felt like she hadn't spoken for a month. The girl stared back at her for a second. "We're nowhere. This place is forbidden. You shouldn't be here." She paused, and smiled "But you're here. My name is Kirrey. Come on, let's get you out of the snow"

After a few minutes of struggling, Annie and Kirrey were standing on the ice plain that Annie had appeared in. There were craters all over the place, and a large sled a hundred or so meters away. "There are others here, we should go collect them"

((And so a new RP begins!))  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:35 pm
The rush. The roar. The familiar burning sensation spread from his nose to his arms and down to his feet. His little finger twitched involuntarily, and he sat back on the sofa, away from the mirror, which held the gaunt visage of premature age lines.

"Ahhhh... Sweet, sweet brain boost..." Daniel sighed with a shaky breath. He rarely did this alone anymore, but the guys were all busy and Karen... Well, she was old news. Beneath the thunderous noise in his mind he could still hear her shrill cries of disbelief. "Dan, you said you quit! You SWORE you were clean!" A crash of breaking glass. The slam of a door. This time, he hadn't had the urge to follow her...

Carefully, or as carefully as he could with shaking hands, he swept the remainder of the white powder back into its baggy and zipped it shut. Then, he rose from the couch, blinking away the head rush, and hid the bag in a kitchen drawer. "Out of sight, out of mind," he grunted as he reached in the already open cabinet for a shot glass. He grabbed a green bottle from the counter, opened it, glanced at the empty shot glass, and took a swig straight from the bottle.

An hour later Daniel was seated in his red 1967 Mustang GT, revving the engine incessantly. The engine roared in his ears, chasing away the thoughts and memories. Then he plugged in his iPod, selected a band, and pulled out of his apartment. 'Let's see if some Starbucks can take my mind off things...' he thought idly as the engine droned and the music blared. 'Life's too short...' his brain added involuntarily.

The bass thumped and thumped. Then, too suddenly, everything went silent. "Damned car... stalled out again? Starter must be going bad again..." Daniel braked gently and pulled the vehicle to the side of the road, not noticing the strange lack of traffic. He ducked forward beneath the dashboard and began fiddling with a few wires, trying to rig the electrical systems back to life. After a few minutes of cursing, he noticed it had gotten dark. Very dark.

Sitting bolt upright, Daniel looked around. Blackness surrounded him on all sides. "What the fu-..." He broke off as his disgruntled mind tried to make sense of his surroundings. With an annoyed exhaled, he pulled at the handle and pushed the car door open. The darkness poured in... "Aww, c'mon... I'm trippin', but... not THAT hard. Really?!" He swatted at the darkness, some futile effort to keep it from ruining his interior, and cursed as it seemed to grab at his limbs, pulling him closer... closer...

"Up yeh get... I'll not have no bums lyin' out in me garden, now... Up yeh get!" Daniel felt his arms being pulled, then his legs. "Help me, Orhn. This'n ain't movin'."

Another voice. "Right now, you lot. Move yer arse out!" Somehow the drug hadn't worn off completely, and Daniel was able to force his body into a standing position. His eyes remained closed.

"My brain is ********' with me hard this time... And why the HELL is it so damned cold?" He croaked, shivering violently. Daniel opened his eyes slowly, gingerly, wincing as the piercing white of snow met his retinas. "S...snow? In Pensacola? Where the hell am I?"

"Haha!" came a cackle to his right. "Yer 'bout crazy, you are. Must be frostbite. Why don't you get on 'n find ye some shelter. Here..." Daniel looked at the speaker, who appeared to be a squat, elderly woman, dressed in layers upon layers of fur and rags. She removed one of them and draped it about his shoulders. "Choo lookin' at? Get on! This ain't no common house."

Daniel pulled the fur around him, shivering again, and stumbled away, not looking where he was going, not looking back to the old woman or her husband. He grunted and shivered as he walked, paying no heed to the snow drifts or the trees that closed in around him. The world spun, and he could hardly absorb what had happened, much less understand it all. After several minutes, breathing heavily between rasps of breath, he collapsed in the bosom of a rotting pine log and blacked out.  

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:40 pm
"You're worthless... You know that right, don't you? Just a worthless piece of $#!+..."

A flash, the pain of something blunt striking him...

"You'll never amount to anything! You're just wasting your life! Well, not if I have anything to say about it..."

The ground. He's laying on the ground. He looks up, eyes unable to focus, and feels the pain of being hit again...

"Feel that? That's just a taste of the pain you're going to be feeling if you continue to live your life this way. You like that, don't you? Worthless dog. Hard to believe you're my offspring..."

He groans, and looks up again, eyes focusing on the face of his father...

Jacob sat up and looked around, panting. Bed. He was in bed. "Just a bad dream, nothing more..." He told himself that, anyway. After regaining his composure, he got up and threw on his clothes for the day: A black shirt, some jeans, and his boots. He put on his gloves and walked into the kitchen, pulling a mountain dew out of the fridge. He opened the top and downed the can as he pulled a second one from the fridge. After throwing the can away, he walked back to his room and got his knife. He strapped it to his right ankle, then grabbed his keys and his phone. After some thought, he also grabbed his Nintendo DS and put it in his pocket. He then walked out the front door of his apartment, locking the door behind him.

In the hallway, he noticed that the old guy that lived two rooms down was heading back to his room from checking the mail. Jake walked by him, and grunted a "mornin" without looking at him. He then reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone and dialed a number.

"Hey Mike? It's Jake. What are you doin today?"

"Alright, I'll be over in a few."

With that, he hung up and walked outside into the parking lot. Jacob opened the car door and got in, and turned the key in the ignition. It finally started on the third try.

Jacob made it halfway to his destination before his car stopped suddenly. After turning the key several times and swearing every time it didn't start, he reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. "That's odd... I don't remember turning it off." He tried to turn it back on, but nothing happened. "Must've forgotten to charge it..." With that, he got curious. He pulled out his DS and tried to turn it on. Nothing.

As he threw his DS into the passenger seat, Jacob noticed the car doors lock on their own. As he reached over to try and unlock them, a black liquid-like substance started pouring from the air vents. After staring at it with a general "What the ********?" look for a couple seconds, Jacob quickly unbuckled his seatbelt and dove into the back seat. Once there, he tried the back doors. Still nothing.

The dark junk was now pouring over the center console into the back. After a brief hesitation, Jake sent his fist flying through the back window. He pulled his fist back and inspected it to see several shards of glass stuck in the knuckles. Grunting, he started knocking out the loose glass.

It wasn't long before he was engulfed by the darkness and blacked out...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jacob awoke to the realization that he was cold. He stood up and looked around, and was awestruck. "Snow... what the hell? It never snows here... and where the hell is my car?" He looked down and saw a small pool of blood on the ground, and his knuckles dripping blood to make the puddle bigger. "Found part of the window, at least... That's probably gonna need some stitches." With that, he began walking. He didn't know where he was going, just that he couldn't stay where he was.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:43 pm
Natalie slammed the trunk of her car shut, and looked out across the empty school parking lot. Even though it was winter, it seemed colder than normal. Darker, too. She sighed to herself, shrugging on her old air force jacket, and climbed into the driver's seat of her car. She pulled out of the parking lot, dialing home as she went.

"Hi Mom. I'm on my way home. Yeah, sorry. I had a club meeting. I forgot, okay? Sorry. Anyway, I'll be home in a little bit. ...Mom? You there? Mom?"

Nat glanced at her phone. It had gone dead. She was pretty sure that she had charged it this morning. She sighed, and tossed it onto the seat next to her. The scenery seemed to be getting darker, and even her headlights couldn't cut through it. She blinked a couple of times, wondering if it was her eyes, and realized that all the lights in the car had gone off. Even the engine had gone silent. "W-what?" She looked quickly around, but all she could see now was darkness, like black water churning around her. She opened her mouth to yell for help, but she could feel herself becoming light-headed. She collapsed forward onto her steering wheel, unconscious.

The first thing she noticed was the cold. Cold that seeped straight through her clothes and under her skin. She had never felt cold like this before. She wondered for a few seconds if she was dead, and then decided that couldn't be it. She tried to open her eyes, but the cold seemed almost to hold them shut. Finally, she cracked them open, but all she could see around her was white. She groaned, and tried to sit up, but this was even harder than opening her eyes. Snow whirled around her as she worked herself into a sitting position, and looked around. She seemed to be in some sort of a crater. Great.

She shivered, and began prying her stiff legs out of the snow. It took her a good ten minutes, but finally she was able to stand up. But she was still stuck in the bottom of the crater.

"Hey! HEY!! Can anyone hear me?!"  

pickle relish

DaisukeOrDark

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:29 pm
Bryce leaned back in his computer chair and yawned. The raid was still thirty minutes away and half the group had dropped out. He just wanted those shoulders to drop so he could boost his gear score, he didnt care about the rest of the trash in there, nothing his alts could use atleast. Another yawn slipped out and his eyelids drew heavy. His head drooped and he slid farther down in the chair. He jerked his head back up. He must have dosed off. He looked at his computers clock.
"********... its only three... why am I so tired?"
He leaned over and grabbed a Redbull out of his stocked mini-fridge. He popped the tab and chugged the whole can in seconds. His eyes wandered back to his screen. He jiggled his mouse and the black screen burst back to life. The colourful screen with its fantasy and his escape pulled him back into the lush environment. The reached over to grab another drink when his screen was dark again. he juggles the mouse again and the screen stayed raven. The room was dark now.
"Power outage?"
He walked over to his window and his neighbors lights were on. He turned to the door and the light peaked under the door. He went to the door and opened it. The light at the end of the hall slowly disappeared. Not all at once but slowly creeping towards him. he watched as the darknes slowly crept and engulfed the light fixture itself. He slammed the door behind him
"The ********? I must be more tired then I thought"
His eyes looked over to his window. The light had disappeared from outside too. Even the stars were gone. His eyes slowly adjusted. He walked to his desk, probing with his hands. His hand reached his moniter and clicked the on button. The color shot back in the room
"I need more sleep"
He laughed lightly to himself. Then he saw the corner of the screen go black. And slowly it crept across the monster. He moved to the light switch and the room lit up. Except the window was too coated in a thick shadow. He turned ot his door and saw th darkness coming through the crack under the door. the shadow crossed over his foot and he felt a tug. he fell to the floor and grabbed at his bed. The sheets being pulled from the bed. He reached and grabbed his mp3 player instead of the sheet. he swore to himself as every thing went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The cold shocked him awake. He laid there in the ice and snow, in only a pair of dirty black jeans. he shivered and his teeth rattled.
"Hello? Is the anyone out there!"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:57 pm
Marie was dancing around her room, her stereo turned up loud enough that she could feel the beat of the song all through her body, and not hear herself belting out the lyrics. She just let the music move her, and when the song changed she flopped down on her bed, eyes still closed.

Marie glanced at the clock on her bedside table. "Nine," she said to no one, rolling over and hitting the volume button on her stereo remote. She rolled back on to her back and wiggled her fingers into the comforter under her.
"I should probably run to the store before they close," she mused, still staring at her ceiling.

Shrugging, Marie hit the volume button again as the song changed to another up-beat one and slid off her bed. She made it to sitting on the floor before her music turned to static. "Aw maaaan, don't fail me now, Steve," she whined as she twirled over and began pushing buttons on her stereo. "Come ooon, you know you love me, don't die." She pressed the power button, silencing the static, and then pressed it again, but no luck. The stereo stayed off.

"Well, this is shitty." She flopped back down on the bed. "Steve, why now? I love that song." She sighed, and then paused as she noticed something out of the corner of her eye.

"What the..." she muttered to herself as she rolled onto her stomach, looking at the space between her door and the floorboards. Something was flowing under it. It looked like water, or possibly oil, it was so dark, pooling into her room and slowly spreading over the floor.

"Ok, this... this is weird." Marie looked over the edge of her bed as the blackness lapped at it. She tilted her head to the side debating crossing the room to find the source of... whatever this was. Carefully, she placed her foot on the floor, and watched the dark liquid react like she expected. She slid her other foot to the ground and began moving towards her door, carefully wading through the now much deeper whatever-it-was.

"My jacket is going to be ruined," was her last thought as she slipped into darkness.

Marie woke to cold air on her face. She left her eyes closed and listened to try and figure out where she was. The ground, she couldn't believe it would still be floor, was too rough and she could feel bumps and rocks digging into her back. 'Well,' she thought, 'I'm outside. I'm outside and it's cold.' She opened her eyes as a something cold and damp hit her face. Grey skies, and falling snow. Looking around, she realized she was in a hole of some sort.

Marie sat up to get a better look around herself. "Huh," she muttered, "Well Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore." She shrugged and brushed the snow from her jacket. "At least this isn't ruined. Now, to find some kind of explanation for this craziness."

Walking to the edge of the hole, she looked up. The lip was just above head height, and if she stretched, she could hook her arms over it. Pulling herself up, she scrabbled at the dirt and managed to not-so-elegantly pull herself out. One problem down, who knows how many more to go.  

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:03 pm
Annie stood and stared out over the ice field. There were literally hundreds of craters dotted around the place. Ice and snow spread as far as they eye could see in all directions, they were literally smack bang in the middle of nowhere.

Something caught Annie's attention near a crater, something was moving on the ice. "Oh my god, there's something moving over there!" She gasped, grabbing onto Kirrey's arm. A shiver ran down Annie's spine, there was something strange about the cold here. Cold she could deal with, but this chill spread throughout her entire body and into her bones. The colour of the snow didn't help either, there were several patches of blood some 300 meters away.

Kirrey turned to where Annie was pointing, "Ah! Another one!" She ran in what seemed like the opposite direction until Annie turned back around to see the dogsled a few meters away. Annie followed Kirrey, stumbling slightly behind her until they mounted the sleds. There were six dogs tied to the sled, all of them looked similar to the kind of dogs one could expect back home, except their teeth were larger and their ears more pronounced. All of them were the same colour, almost entirely grey except for the star shaped patch of white fur on their foreheads.

"Hey! HEY!! Can anyone hear me?!" The figure by the crater was facing away from Kirrey and Annie, shouting into the distance in the hoeps that someone would hear them. They spun around quickly once they sound of the dogs barking was close enough for them to hear. "She must be FREEZING! Her coat is so thin!" Annie looked down on the sled, there were several fur coats piled up. "Good idea, this cold will kill her in hours if she doesn't get something warm on her" Kirrey had seen Annie eyeing up the fur coats.

They stopped the sled close to the figure that Annie had correctly identified as a girl and Annie rushed straight over with the coat. The girl had wrapped her arms around herself in an attempt to keep warm, but it hadn't helped much. Her lips had started to turn blue and the colour had drained out of her face. Annie rushed straight up to her and threw the coat around the girl, desperately trying to get some warmth into her. "Ohmygod you must be freezing! Hold on to this and come with me, My name's Annie. The girl on the sled is Kirrey."

(( Typed up on the train home, yo. If everyone would like to make their way to the surface, feel free to bring Annie and Kirrey over to you to get you on the sled. Pisces, we'll be making our way through your woods soon, so just hang tight. biggrin ))  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:15 pm
Nat thought she heard voices, but she couldn't be sure. The wind was howling around her, driving the cold even deeper into her bones. She wrapped her arms tightly around herself, but even that wouldn't stop her violent shivering. At this rate, she was going to freeze to death here in the middle of God knows where.

The sound of dogs barking followed by footsteps woke her out of contemplation, and she looked up in time to see a coat appear out of nowhere and wrap itself around her shoulders. No, that wasn't right. There was a girl there, with long brown hair and blue eyes. She was saying something, something about the cold and her name...Annie. And Kirrey. Nat reached up to grab hold of the coat, which was surprisingly effective against the cold. She smiled gratefully at Annie. "Thanks. I'm Nat." Pulling the coat more tightly around herself, she followed the girl back to the sled.

((Tiny post is tiny. I suppose I could edit it after everyone else gets rescued or something.))  

pickle relish

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:03 pm
Jake continued walking the same direction from when he started. Too bad he was walking the wrong way. After a bit, he looked behind him when he heard muffled yelling. Barely audible over the wind, he wasn't even sure he heard ANYTHING. Still, he didn't want to keep walking in the same direction, only to die in the blizzard...

"You have GOT to be shitting me!" Jacob said, yelling the last two words as his frustration grew. His luck was terrible, it always had been. And now, here he is, walking through a freaking blizzard AWAY from potential help. Jacob sighed, and pulled one of the few remaining shards of glass from his knuckle. Wincing in pain as it finally slid free, he brought it to eye level and inspected it. It was about a centimeter and a half long, and two-thirds of it was covered in blood. "Yeah. Terrible luck I have.." With that, he flicked the shard on the ground and took off running back the way he had come.

After a bit of running, Jake ran by the spot where he had woken up, identifiable by the red spot of blood from his knuckles. He stopped to take a breather, and pulled the remaining shards of glass from his hand. After thinking about it, and inspecting the wounds, he decided that they would heal without stitches, despite the fact that it would take a while.

Jake was a punk. He listened to Rock music, dabbled in drugs (though he didn't like it, and didn't stay with it) and flunked out of school. But this didn't mean he was an idiot. On the contrary, he was very smart. Just... not in a school setting. After inspecting the material on all the available articles of clothing he had, he decided that his most useful thing was his shirt. Everything else was either needed too much or too rough. Bending down and pulling the dagger from the sheath on his ankle, he cut a strip about an inch and a half from the bottom of his shirt, and wrapped that around his knuckles and hand in a way that the strip of cloth was tied around his wrist. This way, he still had (almost) full function of the hand without having to work around a knot. Once he finished his work and sheathed his blade, he took off at a jog again.

He got excited when he saw people moving about on what appeared to be a sled. He could only make out the outline of what looked like three people and some dogs. He started to yell out "Hey! Where the hell are we!?" before he stumbled and tripped on the snow. He only managed to get out "HEY!" before he fell and hit his head on a rock, and laid still...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:14 pm
Marie rubbed her arms as she stood on the edge of the crater. Looking around, all she could see was blowing snow and a flat field of ice, dotted with more holes like the one she'd woken up in. 'Exciting landscape,' she thought as she began shivering. "Frick it's cold," she muttered as she searched for anything around that wasn't grey or white in this place.

All she could hear was wind. Or, wait. No. A shout of "Hey!" somewhere off... to the left? She looked around in time to see a darker shape a ways away crumple to the ground. Well, it sounded human at least, so Marie began to make her way over to find out. 'Better than standing here like an idiot freezing to death. Moving will warm me up a bit.'

It was, indeed a human. Now that she was over here, Marie wasn't really sure what to do. Sure, she'd found someone else, but they' were passed out. And wounded too, if the make-shift bandage on his hand was anything to go by, not to mention a fairly nasty-looking head-wound.

Marie looked around, wondering, hoping, there were more people somewhere nearby. More grey shapes, opposite to the direction she'd just come from, and in the same direction this strange man and fallen. She stood up and waved her arms. "Hey! Over here!"

The shapes stopped, and then turned in her direction. She continued waving her arms over her head, partly to keep them warm, and partly to keep who-, or whatever might be on its way. As they got closer, she made out what might be a sled, with dog-shapes and people-shapes with it.

"Jeeze am I glad to see you guys. This guy looks like he's had a tough time, and I haven't had a much better one but at least I'm in one piece."  

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300

DaisukeOrDark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:17 pm
Bryce stood up. The frozen world infront of him almost blinded him. he stopped there. His toes were slowly going as were his now soaked pants and his bare torso. He could feel this breath almost freeze. "********...." he looked around all around him he couldn't see anything but glistening white all around him. He was starting to panic. Then he saw a black speck coming towards him. Growing in the distance. His instincts kicked in. He ran towards the distance. His muscles ached. His breath burned. He ran Yelling "Hey over here help!"
Waving his arms. He ran and yelled till he collapsed. The ice and snow slowly coating him.
"Help...."
The white disappeared...and the darkness of sleep slowly crept over him in the cold.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:33 pm
The nightmare awoke Jocelyn with a jolt, but as soon as her eyes opened, the twisting images and terrors faded from her mind, until only the impression of great fear from her dream stayed with her. It was the same every night. Sometimes the impression of snow, or of great silence lingered as well, but what actually plagued her nightmares stayed hidden from her conscious mind. Throwing off the thin blankets of her bed, Jocelyn looked out the large bay window of her bedroom to discover that it was still the middle of the night. The moon was full and bright, and the stars twinkled at her amiably, but a shiver of her dreams still lingered. She was tempted to merely curl back into her blankets and stay awake in bed until the sun rose, but a desire to prevent herself from being ruled by her nightmares made her get up and begin getting dressed defiantly

It was a pleasantly warm night out, though drizzling lightly, so Jocelyn grabbed a pair of jean capris and a shirt from the floor, put on a rain coat, and grabbed her bag before strolling out the door for a walk. Her feet carried her up and down the windy streets, past elegant ruins and dingy motels, until she found herself at the docks. Greece was perfect in every way, she thought. Warm, beautiful, vibrant, full of sounds and smells and laughter and life. And rehearsal for the charity play she was in was astoundingly fun. She'd never been the best at acting in school, but her talent had somehow blossomed in this warmer climate. More so had a talent and love for sculpting encased her heart. She'd been good at ice sculptures back home, but hated it. Here, working with marble, coral, soapstone, her heart practically sang with joy. Thinking of her new hobby, she moved to the beach, glancing around for a piece of coral to bring home to work on. If she'd been smart, she would have brought her artist's bag with her, but instead had brought her prop bag, full of leg warmers, gloves, and other accessories for her character.

As she searched the beach, she slowly became aware that the light was getting dimmer, and it was harder to see. The lamps hanging at the nearby dock had all gone out. This sent a small shiver down Jocelyn's spine, but she ignored it, and continued looking. Dark water lapped around her ankles as she got closer to the ocean, but instead of the comforting warmth she had come to expect of the Mediterranean waters, it was icy, and bit her skin like the ocean of her home in the north. She leaped back with a yell, but the black water rose with her, rising faster than she could scramble up the beach. As she got a closer look at it, she could tell that it wasn't like regular water: it was black as pitch, and not even the silvery light of the moon could penetrate its inky surface. It was like flowing darkness itself. Jocelyn was just opening her mouth to scream as the blackness covered her head, and her consciousness fled.

------

This time, her nightmare stayed with her. From the depths of the ocean, the icy fingers of the qallupilluit wrapped around Jocelyn's ankle, pulling her foot out from under her and she slammed into the fragile ice. The qallupilluit did not attack and drag children under the ice if they were good and stayed with their parents, but Jocelyn had wandered away alone, far away, where no one would hear her, or find her. What little breath not knocked out of her by the fall was stuck in her throat from pure terror as hairline cracks spread across the surface of the ice, slowly and gracefully, as beautiful and terrifying as a hungry polar bear. A long moment of silence followed, the cracking of the ice slowing to a standstill, and time stood blissfully still. Then, other feminine hands, green as rotten seaweed, or blue as the midnight summer sky, burst from the ice around her, before latching onto her and dragging poor Jocelyn below the icy waves.

Jocelyn awoke with a gasp, sitting up in terror, waiting for the dream to fade, but it didn't. Nor did the feeling of piercing cold, though it wasn't water, but snow that was causing her to shiver. This gave her ********!" she shouted to the winds. "I travel all over the gorram earth to get away from the snow, and now this? Where the ******** am I?!" As Jocelyn screamed her fury, she shivered from cold and terror. She wasn't prepared. She wasn't dressed. A sleeveless shirt, a raincoat, and capris were hardly winter attire. She would stop shivering in ten minutes, she guessed, and fall asleep within the hour. Opening her messenger bag, she sighed in relief, however slight. She had chosen the right bag after all. She fitted two pairs of fuzzy leg warmers over her calves, before rolling down the bottom of her capris. Putting on a pair of white gloves followed by leather working gloves, she then donned a feather boa, and a green striped beanie. Never before had she been so thankful for her character's ridiculous fashion sense. It might be the difference between life and death for her.

"HELP! S.O.S.! HELP!" Jocelyn cried. Nothing. Well, if I'm going to die, it won't be out in the open, she thought. She began digging a small shelter to shield herself from the icy winds, rubbing the sides smooth the keep her body heat inside. A little igloo built in the snow inself. Once her small hole was supplemented with other warm accessories from her bag, she settled in to wait, calling out into the empty landscape periodically as she contemplated her survival and demise in equal parts.  

Kerrigan_dragon

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:11 am
Blackness clung tight to Daniel's mind, holding him fast in an unconscious state. In his mind, he tore at the void around him, searching, digging, calling without a voice. He couldn't hear his breath, but he could feel it leaving him and returning less and less each time. 'Help,' he cried out, mouthed the words in as tangible or audible or visible a manner as he could. Only blackness answered, clutching at his constricted throat with its icy digits, crushing the life from him.

Out of the blackness, several blurry shapes appeared. They appeared to be human, or at least appeared to move with human-like movements, but Daniel couldn't make them out clearly, couldn't focus. Blackness... Voices... Burning...

His mother's voice... "Danny, hon, take this for mommy so she can do a line... There's a good boy."

His father's voice... "...a two-faced junkie like she is! You'll never let the crutch fall! You'll just lean and lean until it splinters. Then where will you be?!"

Blackness sank deeper. The cold began to fade... a warmth started in his chest, spreading to his neck and face, his legs and feet... "Help... plea-..." Daniel croaked. Blackness.

((Sorry, guys. I just really wanted to post. I know this is a pretty short and pointless filler, but... ^_^;; I'm bored?))  
RP/Game

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff