Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
So who is a Christian? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:53 pm
I've had Mormons and Catholics tell me that they are Christians.
Just let me say now that I'm not bashing anyone, I'm just seeking answers.

To me, Mormonism and Catechism are not and will not be Christianity. In all reality, I know nothing about the two religions mentioned, but it seems like Mormonism is all about rules and Catechism is all about hailing Mary.

I know that God is not about rules and we should be hailing Jesus.

So, anyone care to comment?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:02 pm
I agree with you.
I believe Catechism is only about Mary. They have a whole holiday for her!
I've never met a Mormon though. For myself, I am a true Christian!  

iDorkosaurous_Rex

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:06 pm
I am so glad that I am not the only one who thinks this way!
I have had so many people look at me weird or glare or whatnot.
Woot!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:35 pm
Yeah, people think I'm crazy!
But really, come on. Mary had to go through things, but not things half as bad as Jesus!  

iDorkosaurous_Rex

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:26 pm
Exactly!
I'm all for Mary because she was chosen by God to bear Jesus, but Jesus is the one that I will hail!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:54 pm
I am a Christian.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

ii_Emo Nikki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:04 pm
I am a Catholic but its not to far from Christian. Even my ccd teacher said it's almost the same thing.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:45 pm
i am a Christian
one thing i heard about Catholicism is they believe in a pergetory  

Secret_lillies

Desirable Genius

iDorkosaurous_Rex

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:46 pm
PawzPrint
Exactly!
I'm all for Mary because she was chosen by God to bear Jesus, but Jesus is the one that I will hail!

I agree!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:49 pm
xx-- Nikki-Rox --xx
I am a Catholic but its not to far from Christian. Even my ccd teacher said it's almost the same thing.

Almost does not mean it is the same though. Minor differences can make a huge difference. For example, I am a math major. Have you ever switched a positive sign for a negative sign or visa versa? Your answer will be wrong and all of that work was ruined, all because of one little minor difference.

WoodSorrelWitch

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:51 pm
Secret_lillies
i am a Christian
one thing i heard about Catholicism is they believe in a pergetory
I've heard that too.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:50 am
im a cristian and all those other religions besides catholics worship diffrent types of ppl but where right on the money and alot of ppl especially the mayans were saying doomsday will cm on december 21 but its not 4 the myans to decide or the scientists to decide its the savior and ppl r saying obamas the anti christ he might be the bible sad he must be foriegn and he is he has controle and or a leader hes president and atractive im not saying he is lol but just saying if any of u r curious of this stuff go 2 youtube and put illuminati alot of rappers and senitors r secretly in that secret society to try to enslave the human race and serve satin theres alot of sighns  

BAROK OBAMA IS MY WHOR3

rosadria

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:51 pm
Interestingly enough, it is not Christ who decides what the final day will be. He doesn't even know. Not to say that as God, He couldn't. He could. However, He submits to the Father, as should we all.

Quote:
Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. 35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. 36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only
Matt 24:34-36 (KJV)

The idea of Purgatory is offensive. Christ was the ultimate sin offering. He paid for all that we have done, and there is no need for us to go through any purification process outside of coming into His blood and sharing His death.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:51 pm
pergotory is something alot of ppl say about they say alot of stuff about it and my catholic friend told me about of course we tthought it was a bunch of bolony (mmm).it is i mean cmon we wait to go to heaven or hell either we go some were or we dont we dont wait thats rediculas god is al powerful he makes us go witha blink of an eye or something  

BAROK OBAMA IS MY WHOR3

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:48 pm
Bryan, could you please use punctuation? It would make your posts much easier to read. Thanks.

Back onto topic,
It's as Christ said right? Many will come and claim to be Him and I guess that can be extended to many religions will claim to be of Him.

Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff