Submit

White Peepole

Devoted Sex Symbol

12,565 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:17 pm
hi. im Victoria. i am kinda having problems at school... sweatdrop someone started a rumor about me and all my friends believe it. they wont hang wt me, and when i text them, they start saying extreamly rude things. confused so i sit at the table near the trash can at lunch, cuz no one wants 2 sit wt me. its making me upset, but i dont want 2 talk 2 my parents cuz they might talk 2 my friends and get them in trouble. then they would hate me even more. my teacher wouldnt care less, and the princibal is 2 scary, so i kinda running out of options. 2 make it worse, my freinds wont say anything 2 me so i cant talk 2 them. emo i am trying 2 hunt 4 the rumor starter, but i dont know.
WHAT SHOULD I DO??!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:02 pm
To be frankly honest, this sort of thing happens all the time. If your friends are that daft that they won't talk to you, then it's their loss. Plus, if they can't tell it's a rumour, maybe they weren't your real friends to begin with. I had the same thing happen to me back when I was in junior high. The rumours got so bad, they brought counsellors into our school to try and sort the mess out. I eventually just made new friends and moved on. I've been friends with them ever since, and they're much closer than any of my other friends were. Trust me, not everyone will believe the rumours. Just try your best to ignore what's going on and eventually everyone will forget about it. In the meantime, break out of your shell a little and try talking to some new people. You never know, it may work.

penned ignorance

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:47 pm
I love that word, daft. ;D

Out of curiosity, how close are your friends to you. Usually good friends would ask about the rumour first before making a judgment call.

Of course every now and then you can run into a master manipulator in the making.

If your situation stays the same or worsens, I'd suggesting communicating with the teachers/principal in some kind of form or manner, like leaving an extremely detailed note that you sign at the bottom, especially if you do not wish to speak with them in person. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:33 am
well first off... did you even think that they be the ones who started the rumor? Thats sort of what happened to me. same situation(or sounds like) that your in. after a year of the 3 girls not communicating, i find out they are the ones that started it in the first place. trying to be there friend and apologizing and telling them it wasnt true didnt make a damn difference.

its the typical school deal. but trust me. i am so much better without those girls. i met new ones and my best friend today. she knows to talk to me and get my explaination of things before she goes closing her listening ears on me. and she respects me more then to believe some stupid little girls(boys) saying s**t about me. maybe your friends dont respcet you enough to be there for you and get your side. you should stop lableing them "friends" and meet some real ones. smile

if it gets bad enough and they start(or anyone for that matter) hurting you then get your parents involved. they should know about their offspring getting hurt. im sure they dont want that  

PolyParadox

Friendly Conversationalist

5,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100

Tusyo

1,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:24 am
Rumors will go away over time, just try not to do anything that would make it seem even the slightest bit true, which normally isn't to hard to do, because it's a truth less lie. Try to talk to some of your friends, and just don't bring it up. If they do, tell them it's not true. If they are really your friends, they'll trust you. It's tough and annoying, but you have to try not to let it bother you, and just go on with your life. Rumors are not the worst thing that could happen. They're just mild annoyances, that seem like more, because you make it more than it is.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:48 pm
Do you know what the rumor is? If not it would help to find out. I'm good at spinning things (Though I never start rumors because their just stupid), so when you know what the rumor is, tell me and I'll help you out...School sucks, don't worry, it doesn't matter after you've left...  

Sain After Dark

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:22 am
Commonly, rumors are started so that the "Bully" or starter can get a negative reaction out of you. Or try to alienate you from the people that are close to you.

This is a common problem in High School and Grade School. There is an easy and VERY effective way of dealing with a problem like that. Simply find out what the rumor is and if it's the truth. Accept it. If whatever they say IS the truth and you accept that then there is no negative reaction from you. most things in School are trifles and will be soon forgotten.

The other thing that can happen is; The rumor is a LIE. In which case you know it's false and you can brush it off. After a while your true friends will reveal themselves in either case and the rumors will fade into nothingness. It's all about being confident in yourself and sticking to the truth.

Don't try to chase down the truth or hunt the instigator, just keep doing what you've always done. Attend your classes, laugh, play in the yard after lunch. And just remain calm. Above all else remain calm. That will be your greatest ally in the difficult times.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:02 pm
The only thing I think I can add is that you should not try to feed the situation with any form of revenge.

For example, if you yourself started a rumor to get back at whomever started a rumor about you then you're just as bad as them.

As someone who was picked on a lot in school, I can say that what got me through each time a group of friends decided to get all uber dramatic on me was my self-esteem. I refused to play their games. I refused to be anybody but myself, and if my "friends" couldn't accept that, then it was too bad for them. So now, looking back I can say, "Yeah it was a difficult time, but I never let it change the kind of person that I want to be."  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:07 pm
Yeah, wow...that's pretty harsh. Kids can be so mean.

Anyway, if they're that quick to drop you, then according to my logic, they had a hand in starting and spreading that rumor.

Do you have anyone else you can talk to about it? Someone you've known for ever and won't judge you?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:19 pm
I think you should go to one of the better teachers even if its a teacher you don't know. Back in my high school the librarian was really nice and would listen to all my problems. If you can start hanging out on your own at places like that or the computer lab. Sorry all that drama is happening to you.  

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

Ixcilia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:48 pm
What kind of rumor was it? Is it the kind where there's something bad about you spread over the school, or someone said that you said something bad about a friend... Either way, try talking to your friends. They shouldn't treat you like that, no matter what the rumor. If there appears to be no logical reason, maybe it's their fault in the first place.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:04 pm
High school friends suck. Get new ones.

A bit vague, yes, but I'm serious about getting new friends. Real friends don't act like that. Real friends will back YOU up not believe every little thing they hear about you. Also high school will pass and so will any bullshit that comes with it.  

God-Raped-Me

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:16 pm
my advice: don't do anything stupid and stay calm. These girls obviously aren't very good friends. A true friend (as stated above by my fellow guildies) will NOT alienate you like that. Just be yourself and don't let them get you down. All they're trying to do is get a reaction out from you. Recently in my area, a girl committed suicide because of bullying. I wouldn't EVER want this to happen to anyone. It's horrible. Drama, especially in middle school and early high school, is immature and stupid. Be the bigger person and just be yourself and have fun. Get involved in some clubs or other activities and meet some awesome people who are interested in the same things that you are.  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games