Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Forgiveness Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Forgiveness is...
  hard, but possible.
  so easy to do.
  not always necessary.
View Results

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:31 am
I don't know about you all, but as human beings, a lot of us tend to be very unforgiving at times. I can hold grudges against people for years. I heard a man speak at church and his words did get through to me about forgiveness. He mentioned it being a sin against God, which I never realized before. Forgiving others was a New Year's resolution of mine.

I find it amazing how God/Jesus can forgive anyone. Jesus died for all of our sins, no matter what kind of person we are. If Jesus can do that, then why is it so hard for us to forgive one lousy person?

This makes me think quite a lot. Along with these verses to follow the topic:

Matthew 6:14-15

If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins.

1 John 1:9

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:12 am
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

Forgiveness Ministries
It's a biblical based program set on forgiveness. They do seminars and have workbooks to help you understand exactly what forgiveness is. There are a lot of great things I learned from this ministry.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:03 pm
faithful quenga

Forgiveness Ministries
It's a biblical based program set on forgiveness. They do seminars and have workbooks to help you understand exactly what forgiveness is. There are a lot of great things I learned from this ministry.

Thanks, I'll take a look at that smile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:17 pm
Aquatic_blue
faithful quenga

Forgiveness Ministries

Thanks, I'll take a look at that smile

Good, I'm glad I could pass on that bit of information to someone else.

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:43 pm
Forgiveness can be tough.
I start thinking about Jesus dying for us and tell myself, "if He can do that, then I can certainly forgive others."
I have found that it's not for the other person's sake that I forgive him or her, it's for Jesus because it's what He wants us to do and it's for me because I'm a stress case and it would be one less thing for me to stress about ^^

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:59 pm
PawzPrint
I start thinking about Jesus dying for us and tell myself, "if He can do that, then I can certainly forgive others."
I have found that it's not for the other person's sake that I forgive him or her, it's for Jesus because it's what He wants us to do and it's for me because I'm a stress case and it would be one less thing for me to stress about ^^

Well said. ^_^

Forgiveness does make life easier though. I have apologized to those I've called enemies before and they may have been confused, but I felt way better about it. It was like a load was lifted off of me. It felt like something was actually resolved. Having hate being lifted from my shoulders is a good feeling.

Actually, people who forgive others are generally happier. So it's for physical, emotional, and spiritual reasons.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:34 pm
Aquatic_blue
PawzPrint

Well said. ^_^

Forgiveness does make life easier though. I have apologized to those I've called enemies before and they may have been confused, but I felt way better about it. It was like a load was lifted off of me. It felt like something was actually resolved. Having hate being lifted from my shoulders is a good feeling.

Actually, people who forgive others are generally happier. So it's for physical, emotional, and spiritual reasons.

Forgiveness is truly freeing! I've recently fully forgiven my father for a cruel joke he played against me as a child and when I forgave him I was opened up to all these things that I blocked off from him and never really spent time with him. And since then I've been able to focus more of my time on the Lord and feeling more whole inside.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:54 pm
Aquatic_blue
I don't know about you all, but as human beings, a lot of us tend to be very unforgiving at times. I can hold grudges against people for years. I heard a man speak at church and his words did get through to me about forgiveness. He mentioned it being a sin against God, which I never realized before. Forgiving others was a New Year's resolution of mine.

I find it amazing how God/Jesus can forgive anyone. Jesus died for all of our sins, no matter what kind of person we are. If Jesus can do that, then why is it so hard for us to forgive one lousy person?

If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins.

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

u know the bible is a portion of gods love for us, just wait till were with him in his powerful loving presents

─╔═╗─If U Love
╔╝♥╚╗Jesus Christ...
╚╗♥╔╝♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
─║♥║─Copy This &
─╚═╝─Put it on ur page  

Ronnie-Rawr

6,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:01 pm
Ronnie-Rawr
Aquatic_blue

u know the bible is a portion of gods love for us, just wait till were with him in his powerful loving presents

─╔═╗─If U Love
╔╝♥╚╗Jesus Christ...
╚╗♥╔╝♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
─║♥║─Copy This &
─╚═╝─Put it on ur page

Yes, of course. The pain in this life may be great, but the eternal reward of Heaven is even greater.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:02 pm
faithful quenga
Aquatic_blue
PawzPrint

Well said. ^_^

Forgiveness is truly freeing! I've recently fully forgiven my father for a cruel joke he played against me as a child and when I forgave him I was opened up to all these things that I blocked off from him and never really spent time with him. And since then I've been able to focus more of my time on the Lord and feeling more whole inside.

That's great ^_^

Forgiveness does make things a lot easier. Amazing what a bit of forgiveness can do.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:05 pm
Aquatic_blue
PawzPrint

Well said. ^_^

Thanks^^
It also gets people wondering why people of Christ are so different from people who haven't accepted Jesus.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:15 pm
PawzPrint
Aquatic_blue
PawzPrint

Well said. ^_^

Thanks^^
It also gets people wondering why people of Christ are so different from people who haven't accepted Jesus.

No problem, and yes, that is fairly true.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Nerd_of_Many_Faces

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:25 am
What's really sad is that most of us spend so much energy hating people and not forgiving that we don't have enough to worship God. Forgiving has no bad side effects.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:09 am
I believe that forgiveness should be used whenever possible, but sometimes in order to prevent more people getting hurt one must make someone pay for their actions... can you imagine a world where instead of throwing a murderer or rapist in jail we just forgave them everytime they commited a crime?  

Seal of Solomon

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:24 pm
Finsternis Drachen
I believe that forgiveness should be used whenever possible, but sometimes in order to prevent more people getting hurt one must make someone pay for their actions... can you imagine a world where instead of throwing a murderer or rapist in jail we just forgave them everytime they commited a crime?

Of course there will be consequences for the Sins of people. What I get out what you said is that we shouldn't forgive a person in some cases. We should always forgive no matter what that doesn't mean forget or allow that person to continue doing what they did in the first place.

Do you believe that if that person is truly repentant then you can forgive them? Or do you believe once a murderer, rapist, etc that they will always have that label?

Christian friends

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces