What is that?
View Results

II Tsuki no Okami II

3,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:34 pm
My questions to all of you are simple. How do you Astral Project? Have you ever done it? If so, then how did it feel?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:52 am
I can only speak from a position of research since I've probably never consciously induced and experienced an astral projection.

There are various techniques people use in order to astral project. What basically happens is people try to find ways to shift their 'focus' or 'consciousness' away from or 'outside' their physical body and in doing so, cause the astral body to go out of sync and eventually move free from the physical body. This is done while in a trance, bordering between waking consciousness and the sleep state.

This is a very brief rundown of the general process involved with astral projection:

1. Relaxation methods are used until the person can no longer feel their body (trance state/hypnagogia/focus 10, etcetera).
2. The mind is cleared of all thoughts as much as possible through methods such as breath awareness or just concentration.
3. A technique is used (usually involving imagination/visualization) to give the sensation of movement or to apply pressure on the astral body in the form of pulling.
4. This technique continues until the person's consciousness slips free of the physical body, where the person is free to explore using their own will and thoughts.

I had some sort of experience late last month which may have been an out of body experience. Though now that I think about it, it sounds more like a lucid dream about having an out of body experience... xp

What happened was I woke up in the hypnagogic state. Somehow my mind had switched back on and I was aware, yet my body was paralyzed and still sleeping. Before I actually 'got out of bed', I felt a sensation that can only be described as buzzing/vibrating/reverberating/ringing all over.

When I tried to look at my hand, it had a faint 'misty' outline around it as opposed to a solid outline. I could see right through it, though the objects I was looking at through it would appear distorted, as if I were viewing them through non-coloured stained glass with all those ripples in them. When I turned back to look at my body, I couldn't see it.

The rest of my excursion while in that state felt a lot like a lucid dream. I don't quite have words to describe the feeling. The best I can say is that where your physical body feels things with the nervous system, this experience was more 'sensing', 'experiencing', or just being aware of things.

Anyway, I'm still reading up on astral projection and continuing with the training. My problem seems to be getting into a trance and staying there long enough to actually do something interesting rather than falling asleep altogether.

Depending on what you read, you'll probably come across several terms which basically mean the same thing, or some variations on the theory as to what actually happens during the process of astral projection.

IxianMace

Interstellar Seeker

II Tsuki no Okami II

3,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:51 am
Okay. Thanks. I'll try to do it tonight. Hopefully it I won't fall asleep... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:47 am
Good luck. Let me know how it goes. You might be interested in this article and its subsections. You can save each section as a .pdf file for future reference. : )  

IxianMace

Interstellar Seeker

II Tsuki no Okami II

3,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:47 pm
Oh, thanks. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:03 am
I'm not sure whether this is allowed so I'll understand if this post is removed, but this site has a pretty impressive collection of various works and e-books in .pdf format. I recommend checking out the works by Robert Bruce, Robert Peterson, and William Buhlman, though you may find things like documents about the afterlife interesting too.  

IxianMace

Interstellar Seeker

Sickest Light

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:56 am
If that what I think it is then. Yes! It was weird though. I saw spirits surrounding me and I was paralyzed.

The Connection

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games