Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
How many of you still belive in religion? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you still Believe in religion?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Born To Bleed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:22 pm
I have found from a few people and am starting to realize there is no religion and we all must just live for God, religion only causes disputes.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:36 pm
You're using the wrong word. Catholicism, Baptist, ect. aren't religions... A lot of people get confused because of stuff like this.
Those are all DOCTRINES of Christianity. Christianity is the religion, and those are just the doctrines of that religion.

But yes, I agree with you 100%. Doctrines destroy Christianity, because it makes people just listen to whatever their church or congregation says, instead of thinking things through for themselves.  

Fenpex

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 pm
I don't believe in religion. I believe in a relationship with God. As Secsy said, doctrines destroy Christianity and confuses people, which leads to more hopeless arguments and debates.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm
Most people think being a Christian is about following a bunch of rules, and that couldn't be more wrong.

It's all about the love of God, through his Son Jesus, and having a REAL relationship with Him.
God didn't give us commandments until we were already his people. He said,
"I am the Lord YOUR God..."
and that makes it pretty clear that he wasn't forcing restrictions upon us, he was helping us, because he already loved us.

This is why the church I go to recently got rid of the "Baptist" title, and why myself and many others like to refer to ourselves as Followers of Christ, instead of Christians... it's great to be a Christian, but sadly, it's gained the wrong image for many people.  

Saint Crazy The Follower

The_Cursed_Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:10 pm
I still believe in denominations we need somewhere where we can gather i am LCMS Lutheran and Luther was on to something when he wrote the 99 thesis, and therefore i find the Lutherans are right about almost every aspect of Christianity.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:52 pm
my slogan for Christianity is "It's not a religion it's a relationship,"
Actually that's one of my Church's slogans. But anyway i don't believe in religion  

Secret_lillies

Desirable Genius

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:56 pm
I don't.
Its the way you live,
so I count it as a culture.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:59 pm
*sigh* wat i beleave in is a sin
but sadly i cant help it because of how my life has been and
no matter how much i prey for a better future/life, it doesent seem to ever happen.....  

Minion-Wolf-Demon

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:29 pm
Insanitys_Demon
*sigh* wat i beleave in is a sin
but sadly i cant help it because of how my life has been and
no matter how much i prey for a better future/life, it doesent seem to ever happen.....

What exactly do you believe in? Sometimes you just have to wait a little bit and have faith. I'll pray for you and I hope things get better.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:32 am
Denomination is an important aspect to me, there are so many interprirations on scripture that it is left to the person to seek guidance from the Holy Spirit on what is right and what is wrong and lead them to what is truly right.

Denominations leave room for a lot to be wrong, but they also leave room to be very, very right.  

Haha Coffee

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200

Seal of Solomon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:21 am
God did not tell us to have different churches, he told us to have ONE church, and thats how it should have stayed.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:08 am
PawzPrint
I don't believe in religion. I believe in a relationship with God. As Secsy said, doctrines destroy Christianity and confuses people, which leads to more hopeless arguments and debates.

Ravenous Kitkat

Riku Elmwick

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:42 am
I think you guys are right. God doesn't want this to be a religion. A religion is just a group of people who follow the same rules and does the same things. God wants use to do more then just follow is teachings; he wants us to create a strong, personal relationship with him and other believers. For example do you thing God cares which church you belong too; whether its Methodise, Catholic, Lutherin, or Bathtis (sorry that I spelled them wrong sweatdrop ). No the only reason they are differnent is because they do things differently, but they all believe in the one and only God. So I say Christianity isn't just a religion or a bunch of random groups but the relationship we make with God and our fellow believers!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:42 pm
I mostly appreciate the feedback people have given on this board. I never actually took the word "religion" into account and what it really means. Of course it's a belief that we follow in. A lot of you dug deeper and said it's just a way of living in God's love as much as possible and a part of culture. I honestly haven't thought of it that way. A lot of people see it as a bunch of rules and telling us how we should live our lives. Yet, they aren't always considered rules since it's free will. A relationship would be a better word so those of you who said that are right.

Interesting thoughts, everyone. Got me thinking a bit.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Irawryouz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:00 am
Four Mile Sprint
Denomination is an important aspect to me, there are so many interprirations on scripture that it is left to the person to seek guidance from the Holy Spirit on what is right and what is wrong and lead them to what is truly right.

Denominations leave room for a lot to be wrong, but they also leave room to be very, very right.

That's the word I'm looking for, denomination, not doctrine.
I'm non-denominational.  
Christian friends

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces