Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
EI's purchased in Gift Shop fully evolved. . .

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

upxfromxbelow

Hilarious Gawker

13,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:14 pm
Okay so my friend purchased Lyndexer's Journal from the GC shop, it said 11th gen. and tektek says it's fully evolved, which I knew. She says she's having issues with it, saying she can only get the childhood stage pieces.

Now I was interested in purchasing Reve Rouille and thought of buying it from the GC shop as I received as a Valentines Day gift of a GC card. But if she's having these issues I don't know if I should.

Is there a reason she's having these problems? Why isn't it fully evolved for her even though it said it was in multiple places? Will it ever fully evolve for her or is she outta luck?

Help!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:19 am
I believe when tektek says Lyndexer's Journal is fully evolved, they mean Gen 1 has gone through all the stages. Gen 11 has more steps to go before it reaches completion. Same with the later-gen Reve Rouille you are considering: it (gen 1) is going to be way ahead of the generation sold in the cash shop.  

Avzel

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:40 am

If you go to the cash shop and preview the item, it will show you the current pose- and then it will continue to evolve. When TekTek marks finished, it does indeed refer to the first generation only regardless of whether or not subsequent generations are still moving along.

If it is not at the very first stage, then gen 11 is likely the last generation released by the Gaia staff- so it will evolve in the cash shop as opposed to new generations being released, as is what usually happens when the first gen takes a step further.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:14 am
So even though there is a fully evolved version for sale in the marketplace for ridiculous amounts of gold, the ones from the cash shop still have to evolve?

How will they evolve if it's done evolving and you can buy it's completed form in the marketplace? How does that work out? How will it continue to evolve? Sorry if this seems redundant.  

upxfromxbelow

Hilarious Gawker

13,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100

Avzel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:30 am
It's ok. The generations will evolve in your inventory, but not always on time. So if you have it equipped on a child pose, and keep it that way for, say, 3 months, the pose stays that way on your avatar. If you remove it after that time and it has evolved, new poses will appear on it in the dressing room.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:13 am
>> Calendar<<

Above is a calendar of all the EI and their approximate evolution dates, Reve Rouille 11th gen will not completely evolve until 08/13/10, so you'll have a while to wait before you get a complete EI. If you want to buy an earlier gen from the market, the calendar will tell you when they are due to evolve as well.  

Deletedforgood23

Shy Hunter

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:22 am

OV8ION
It's ok. The generations will evolve in your inventory, but not always on time. So if you have it equipped on a child pose, and keep it that way for, say, 3 months, the pose stays that way on your avatar. If you remove it after that time and it has evolved, new poses will appear on it in the dressing room.

You don't need to unequip it from your avatar for it to evolve in your inventory. It will evolve as normal and the new poses will appear. It just won't knock it off the avatar as the avatar image is already saved and Gaia does not make those adjustments manually. Once taken off you just can't get the pose back until it is fully evolved.

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games