Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
Tattoos Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

41truth

7,475 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:05 pm
Do you think that if you get a tattoo/peircing is a sin?
Because i hear it is.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:07 pm
Absolutely not.

I can find little evidence to say that it is.  

Haha Coffee

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200

Saint Crazy The Follower

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:11 pm
I don't really see a problem with it, personally.

If I had an issue with it, it would be because of what the tattoo depicts or represents, not the act of tattooing.

God calls us to live our lives entirely for him, and if that tattoo glorifies God and is done in His name, there's certainly nothing wrong about that.
His commandments tell us to love God, and to love others. Tattoos/piercings don't hinder that.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:04 pm
Leviticus 19:28, "Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the Lord."

BUT

it's interesting to observe verse 26, "Do not eat meat that has not been drained of its blood," and verse 27, "Do not trim off the hair on your temples or trim your beards." Well, certainly many Christians today eat non-kosher meats and get haircuts without participating in the forbidden worship of pagans. Back then these customs were associated with pagan rites and rituals. Today they are not.

so it is really a personal choice i think

source of info  

digital_kobraX

rosadria

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:16 pm
Via the OT, it is, and via the NT, it can be. Christians have a lot of liberty, but we have a lot of responsiblilty as well. Let's use person A and person B. A thinks tattoos are ok, but B thinks it's a sin. A and B are walking to an outlet mall to get some CiCi's for dinner. Next door is a tattoo parlor. A goes inside and B follows. A gets a tattoo, causing B much religious trouble. B thinks it is wrong and begins to struggle with his faith because A got the tattoo. A has sinned, but not because A got the tattoo. A sinned because he caused brother B to stumble.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:19 pm
Its Personal.

Like girls and skirts. We are supposed to wear skirts, “The woman shall

not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a

woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy

God.” And pants were made for men first. I think its the same thing....

Your_Moirail

Wealthy Gekko

Secret_lillies

Desirable Genius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:54 pm
um i think there is a verse in the bible that says God has all the names of his Children tattooed on his hand, so i don't think it's a sin  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:57 pm
VK Fox
Via the OT, it is, and via the NT, it can be. Christians have a lot of liberty, but we have a lot of responsiblilty as well. Let's use person A and person B. A thinks tattoos are ok, but B thinks it's a sin. A and B are walking to an outlet mall to get some CiCi's for dinner. Next door is a tattoo parlor. A goes inside and B follows. A gets a tattoo, causing B much religious trouble. B thinks it is wrong and begins to struggle with his faith because A got the tattoo. A has sinned, but not because A got the tattoo. A sinned because he caused brother B to stumble.

I couldnt have put it better myself  

Seal of Solomon

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:41 pm
VK Fox

^ this

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:04 pm
This is a debatable topic due to scriptures and all in verses. I don't care for tattoos (even for non-religious reasons) and/or piercings for that matter. The Bible does say:

"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD."

Leviticus 19:28  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Seal of Solomon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:06 pm
I actually plan on having many religious words/verses/symbols tattooed onto my right arm, and i dont think that it will be in anyway offensive to God  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:03 am
Aquatic_blue
This is a debatable topic due to scriptures and all in verses. I don't care for tattoos (even for non-religious reasons) and/or piercings for that matter. The Bible does say:

"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD."

Just a quick question, in regards to this, if you follow this commandment, I hope you are following the other 613 rules of the Old Covenant.

It is my understanding that we are of course freed from the Old Covenant through the grace of Jesus Christ.

But if you want to keep up the rest of them, no Pork, shrimp, polyesters, mixed harvesting, going into a field to menstruate, putting to death of general unwanted's stoning's, feel free of course.  

Haha Coffee

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:32 am
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

I asked my pastor about this and he said that piercings and tattoos were okay. I myself have 4 tattoos and 6 piercings.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:46 pm
Four Mile Sprint
Aquatic_blue

Just a quick question, in regards to this, if you follow this commandment, I hope you are following the other 613 rules of the Old Covenant.

It is my understanding that we are of course freed from the Old Covenant through the grace of Jesus Christ.

But if you want to keep up the rest of them, no Pork, shrimp, polyesters, mixed harvesting, going into a field to menstruate, putting to death of general unwanted's stoning's, feel free of course.

Basically you're saying Jesus came, died for us, and the Old Testament doesn't matter at all anymore. No, some of those things should still be looked to for guidance. I don't think it'd be a sin to commit any of them, but God put them there for a reason to help us live a more Christ filled life. As for tatoos, I think they're ok. I'd never get one, just because I don't even wear make-up which is strange for a 17 yr old. I like how my body is and don't want to change it. It took massive peer pressure from my friends just to get my ears pierced. My personal opinion is no piercings on private parts, because that is gross and the person giving you the piercing would be looking in that spot. Also no tats on private parts, and no tats of anything against God or his word. It is a very debated topic and I guess the best thing to do would just ask God if you should get one(if one were thinking about it).  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Seraphim6496

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:40 pm
THe Bible says that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. I take that to mean, do nothing that will purposefully harm yourself. Tattoos or piercings do not seem to me to be harmful. I even plan on getting tattoo(s) eventually. I see nothing wrong with it, and as far as I know, the Bible never says it is a sin either.  
Advice ~ because we care

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff