Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
Hard question, but good question Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:10 pm
A few months ago, at the youth group I go to, we had a very good question come up. It was the end of the meeting and it was time for someone to throw a 'Brain Buster' in. (At least I think that it what it was called.) This is it- It is the time of the holocaust, you are walking through a forest when you come across a building. You go into the building to find a jail cell with many Jews locked in and one (Nazi) guard standing by with the key to the cell. You know they are going to be killed soon, and the key is right there with just one guard. You could kill the one guard (there is a gun hanging on the wall right by you. Keep in mind he also has a gun, so if you just shoot him in the leg or something, he could then shoot you in the heart. So to get the keys you kind of have to kill him.) and free all of those helpless victims. No one would ever know what happened. What do you do?-Our conversation lasted very long, while my family took it and in less then 30 seconds turned it into a conversation about House. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:26 pm
That is tough. I think at the least I'd disable the guard and free them.  

Jwlonna_Mariner

rosadria

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:01 pm
Depends on which position the guard is in. If I could.. shoot him in the gun hand or something, I would. Otherwise, bam! Dead Nazi.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:20 pm
I agree with VK Fox. If possible, disarm him or knock him out. If not, kill him.  

Seal of Solomon

Xx_oceana_xX

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:44 pm
That's a tough question...*In My Opinion*...I would do it for the good of the people...I mean maybe the nazi gaurd did deserve to die by your hand thats just how its meant to be or the jews are in the jail cell for a good purpose....but due to the panic some people wouldn't think about the question like this they would make a rash desicion and go ahead and kill the nazi solider...(so i won't bore you all to death with my long explanation)...I guess I will go ahead and kill the nazi so atleast 1 life has to go but more lives will be safe.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:59 pm
well i would knock him out but not kill him because it is not our chose to say if someone is bad or good it is up 2 god 2 deiced  

Ronnie-Rawr

6,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:26 pm
What about the 6th commandment? Do not murder?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:28 pm
Ronnie-Rawr
well i would knock him out but not kill him because it is not our chose to say if someone is bad or good it is up 2 god 2 deiced

He's a Nazi soldier who is going to kill God's people, in God knows how soon. And how would you knock him out? I actualy suggested this idea, but the boy who came up with the question just said that you couldn't, so we're going with those rules since it was his question.  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:42 pm
That is a bit tough. I may try to do enough just to disable him and not kill him. Since killing is a sin (in most instances), I mean, if it's an accident then that's probably different. Since this would be an intentional situation most likely, I'd disable him and then try to free the prisoners. It would be worth a shot to just disable him and not kill him. If I did that and died anyway, I would know it would be for a good cause.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:55 pm
LOL, House. But you should try to disarm him, knock him out, and take the key.  

Tamago1

Latent Memories

Shy Receiver

8,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:25 pm
If you think about it, The one person U wouldn't want to kill would be the nazi guard because he would surely go to hell and that's sort of a bad thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:22 pm
well if your fighting for people you have to be willing to give up your life for them. What i would do would be to shoot his gun hand so he couldn't shoot. Then i would run up to him and try to knock him out so i could free the people. Then after they all left i would run to because guards probably heard the gun shot and came to investigate.  

Secret_lillies

Desirable Genius

The_Cursed_Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:41 pm
In my opinion the 6th commandment does not apply here, this man is a Nazi, a cold blooded murderer. God gave humans the right to govern themselves, and if they chose to break away from the rules god gave them and hammered into their heads, in my mind they are already dead.

But if that is murder then all of our men and women in the armed forces are cold blooded murderer's, that is not true they are heroes, by killing one person they saved millions perhaps billions of people, people who will later save them, and others.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:48 pm
Curse-of-the-Phoenix
In my opinion the 6th commandment does not apply here, this man is a Nazi, a cold blooded murderer. God gave humans the right to govern themselves, and if they chose to break away from the rules god gave them and hammered into their heads, in my mind they are already dead.

But if that is murder then all of our men and women in the armed forces are cold blooded murderer's, that is not true they are heroes, by killing one person they saved millions perhaps billions of people, people who will later save them, and others.

For soldiers it's ok, because they are given a command by the people over them and higher than them in authority to shoot. That is what the Youth Leader put out after a 10 minutes. His thought was if you are a civilian, then you shouldn't because the person is not attacking you and you are not a soldier with the command to kill. Also if you were a soldier and not given the command to kill, then you shouldn't. But if you went back to your commander and he told you to go back and shoot, then that is ok.  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash