Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:36 am
So I'm a senior in high school and along with the honor of stressful college applications, AP classes, and graduating, there's the fun of buying a dress and getting ready for senior prom. Yesterday, I was out with my friend all day dress shopping to no avail and today, went to a different mall with my mom and finally found one.

My Dress

EDIT: by the way, I'm really short (4'11 and 3/4) so I HAD to go with a short dress. Long dresses looked horrible and like it was wearing me rather than me wearing it. My friend who is 5'1 also went with a short dress.

User Image

So, now with the dress bought, onto shoes, jewelry, a clutch, a limo, and the last part of the fun, a date. I'm starting to wonder how the bills are going to add up to all this...

My prom is May 25. My friends and I are buying early so that alterations can be done (if needed) and we'll have time to find everything else and get a good dress before they're all taken. How early is too early to ask a person to prom? Is Feb. too early for a May prom?

Things to Discuss:

Prom Experiences
Comments on my dress (pictures of me IN it will come hopefully soon!)
Money spent on Prom
Why Prom seems to be getting earlier and earlier each year.
When to ask a person to prom  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:40 pm
Hmm. I'd say if you have a boyfriend it would be fine to start making your prom plans together. Or if you have a close guy friend or crush that you want to go with.

If you want to ask a guy that you're not very close with, however, it probably wouldn't hurt to ask now. But since it is early keep in mind that there is the possibility of his plans changing. I'd think that the less close you two are the more likely he could be to change his mind or even start dating someone else a month from now, you know?

But I'm certainly no prom expert! I didn't go to my prom. I just didn't see the point. Seemed like a lot of money just to hang out with kids from school that I saw every day anyway. xp  

LorienLlewellyn

Quotable Informer

Celestial Burden

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:21 pm
I honestly never understood the big deal about prom. It's a bloody dance, big deal. Like...what? Why should I be looked down on because I'm not going to junior or senior prom? Everyone is doing that and I don't get it.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:22 pm
I didn't go to prom. But that's a cute dress!  

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:27 pm
"In every loss, in every lie, in every truth that you'd deny...

My school didn't even HAVE a prom. Alt schools, FTW!

...and each regret and each good-bye, was a mistake too great to hide"

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:37 pm
aww poor Roland! no prom. sad that sucks.

I like dances. We had a junior/senior back in December and it was so much fun. I think prom is just a huge senior event. it's classic. it's something you'll remember for a really long time.  

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:23 pm
"In every loss, in every lie, in every truth that you'd deny...

Ehh, not really. Even if they had a prom, I wouldn't have gone, as would most of the school.

...and each regret and each good-bye, was a mistake too great to hide"

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:27 pm
It's a very pretty dress.

I went to junior and senior prom, they where boring. But if you like dances its one thing.
*shrugs* I can live without.

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:35 pm
I don't think it's too early to ask, especially if you have someone in mind. But that's just me...

Also, that dress is really cute~

I went to prom in my Junior year (so it's wasn't even my year's prom XP Oh well). It was the only school dance function thing that I ever went to in high school. I'm not particularly big on dances because I lack any ability to dance without looking like an epileptic, but hey, it's prom. Besides I got a boyfriend out of the deal so I'm not complaining~

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:04 pm
I went to my junior prom because an underclass friend of mine wanted to go with her boyfriend, who was also underclass, and another friend of ours took him... it was -shrug- nice.

For my senior prom, I asked a friend of mine if she'd like to go with me, as friends; she laughed at me to my face. I decided I'd have a better time at a Boy Scout campout that weekend. smile  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

penned ignorance

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:35 pm
Pretty dress! Definitely supporting the short dress thing. Long dresses just make short people look... shorter.

I don't think it's too early at all... I got asked in February to go, so yeah. Like everybody says, if you've got someone in mind go for it.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:47 pm
The best part of my Prom was when I went home! Our prom sucked huge a**! I had a small party after for a handful of my closest friends.  

God-Raped-Me

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:54 pm
I agree with Celes here... I never went to prom. I went to the after party, buuuut... ^_^;;

Anyway, prom can be special for some people, I guess. More than anything, I think people just like to have a reason to dress up. I like the dress, by the way, though I looked at it before I knew you were shorter in stature. x3 I think you'll look very nice, and I wish you all the best in the experience.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:10 pm
by the way guys, I posted the pic of me in it while trying it on. smile I edited the top post. obviously not going to have a strap when i wear it for prom!  

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:49 pm
That's a very cute dress. :3 Long trailing dresses look like they'd be a pain in the butt, anyway. :s

My highschool was very small (about 230 students, grade 7-12), so you can attend prom 6 times. However, it's semi-formal for grades 7 through 11, and only the grads go all-out with what they're wearing.

I went for my last three years of school. The music was terrible at my grad prom, and I had been really sick for a few weeks, so I only stayed for an hour or so and then left. :s Waste of money, really.

I can honestly say that out of all my memories from high school, prom is one of the least special. sweatdrop  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff