Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Students sit down! It's time for Sex Ed! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:02 pm
Oh, nevermind children. Our principal Br1ttana has cancelled it because she does not believe in it. But enough about her and her stupid beliefs, what do YOU think?

-------------------------------------------------------------

In 8th grade I got a note from school saying that they would be doing a sex-ed class along with a permission slip for my parents. We moved before the note had to be turned in. I don't know if the school I live around has one because I didn't stay long enough to find out. If they do have one, it sure doesn't help. Teens don't want to listen to any of that, because we just want to get to lunch and talk about anything other then school. I think that the sex talk should be left to the parents, just because it is more personal, gets to them alot better, and makes them feel a little more loved knowing that their parents care enough to make sure they don't just throw their bodies at every opposite sex person they see. But the school should ask at a certain age if they have had that talk, and if they havn't, then call the parents and reccomend it to them. If they say that they will soon, then leave them alone, and the parents don't sound like they will, then have a counselor or bring in a someone to have a one on one discussion with them about it. They listen more if you have the discussion one-on-one then in a classroom full of teens. Also I am a little disturbed at how some schools are thinking of bring sex ed to the kids that just shouldn't hear about it at the age they are at. Some schools in Britain are thinking of bringing the class to kindergarteners.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:22 pm
In high school, there was never a Sex Ed class specifically.

There were those people every now and then that would come talk to us about abstinence, though.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:58 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

there was never sex ed because our town is so poor the budgets couldn't afford it. But I do believe we should teach abstinence. But also we have to get real and teach kids to use protection and to talk to their parents about birth control.

Kids are gonna have sex no matter what some adult/peer tells them. There will be those who can stay abstinent but we also need to teach those who won't listen how to protect themselves better.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:08 pm
faithful quenga

there was never sex ed because our town is so poor the budgets couldn't afford it. But I do believe we should teach abstinence. But also we have to get real and teach kids to use protection and to talk to their parents about birth control.

Kids are gonna have sex no matter what some adult/peer tells them. There will be those who can stay abstinent but we also need to teach those who won't listen how to protect themselves better.

Unfortunately, that's how it goes. Kids aren't going to just stop due to some lecture that they don't want to sit through.

When I was growing up, my parents never really gave us that talk. I think they assumed we knew better. Being Christian may have had an influence on my parents thinking we "know better". Unfortunately I got that talk because some guy wrote a really dirty note to me and I put it in my backpack, intending to shred it and throw it away later. My siblings got nosy, found the note, and gave it to my parents...  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:24 pm
Aquatic_blue
faithful quenga

Unfortunately, that's how it goes. Kids aren't going to just stop due to some lecture that they don't want to sit through.

When I was growing up, my parents never really gave us that talk. I think they assumed we knew better. Being Christian may have had an influence on my parents thinking we "know better". Unfortunately I got that talk because some guy wrote a really dirty note to me and I put it in my backpack, intending to shred it and throw it away later. My siblings got nosy, found the note, and gave it to my parents...

I got the talk originally when I was about 4 or 5 I think. My dad's family is quite perverted and they have a depraved sense of humor and my mom figured instead of getting some off info from their jokes and s**t that we should really know the facts and understand what was being said. I would NEVER recommend teaching a kid that early! It can really strip the innocence out of a person.

I think parents shouldn't just assume that their children know better but rather they really should talk about it with their kids when they are become a teenager. Children shouldn't fear what their parents will think either so having that open relationship will allow your kid to come to you and ask questions more willingly and unashamed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:53 am
well i learned that Ur not so pose to have sex out of wed lock and i made a promise to god that i wont and my parents gave me a ring and purity ring at that

i have lost of questions but where do i start  

ticticboombabe

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:34 am
kaylandlove10
well i learned that Ur not so pose to have sex out of wed lock and i made a promise to god that i wont and my parents gave me a ring and purity ring at that

i have lost of questions but where do i start

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask. It would be best if you started with your parents though and if they turn you away not wanting to discuss the matter with you then you seek another adult you are comfortable with to talk about it with.

Or if that doesn't work ask someone online or whatever who seems capable of giving you an honest explanation to your question.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:56 pm
Don't be afraid to ask questions! We love questions!

I believe sex ed is great. I had sex ed in jr high and high school. They covered some good stuff. And by high school, we weren't as afraid to ask questions. Anatomy and STDs were clearer to me. And I felt more comfortable with the topic.

I also believe that sex is great when you use it how God intended it to be used. Within wedlock.

WoodSorrelWitch

Skittles_boom_boom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:20 pm
i belive in it,
we need to know.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:24 pm
Pre-marital shouldn't be going on. It's often destructive and complicates relationships enormously. Plus, there's the risk of pregnancies and STD's. Imo, if they are going to do it anyway, they might as well know how to do it safely. Of course, we need to explain the spiritual consequences as well. Perhaps church based sex ed classes would also help. Abstinence yes, but an element of safety should be introduced.  

rosadria

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:31 pm
VK Fox
Pre-marital shouldn't be going on. It's often destructive and complicates relationships enormously. Plus, there's the risk of pregnancies and STD's. Imo, if they are going to do it anyway, they might as well know how to do it safely. Of course, we need to explain the spiritual consequences as well. Perhaps church based sex ed classes would also help. Abstinence yes, but an element of safety should be introduced.
I like your posts; you seem to say what I try to say sometimes^^

I totally agree with explaining about spiritual consequences. Whether a person follows Jesus or not, it's something everyone faces. A speaker came to my church and spoke about sex. She did a fantastic job; I wish I could have recorded her.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:56 pm
In 8th grade I got a note from school saying that they would be doing a sex-ed class along with a permission slip for my parents. We moved before the note had to be turned in. I don't know if the school I live around has one because I didn't stay long enough to find out. If they do have one, it sure doesn't help. Teens don't want to listen to any of that, because we just want to get to lunch and talk about anything other then school. I think that the sex talk should be left to the parents, just because it is more personal, gets to them alot better, and makes them feel a little more loved knowing that their parents care enough to make sure they don't just throw their bodies at every opposite sex person they see. But the school should ask at a certain age if they have had that talk, and if they havn't, then call the parents and reccomend it to them. If they say that they will soon, then leave them alone, and the parents don't sound like they will, then have a counselor or bring in a someone to have a one on one discussion with them about it. They listen more if you have the discussion one-on-one then in a classroom full of teens. Also I am a little disturbed at how some schools are thinking of bring sex ed to the kids that just shouldn't hear about it at the age they are at. Some schools in Britain are thinking of bringing the class to kindergarteners.  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:54 pm
faithful quenga
Aquatic_blue
faithful quenga

I got the talk originally when I was about 4 or 5 I think. My dad's family is quite perverted and they have a depraved sense of humor and my mom figured instead of getting some off info from their jokes and s**t that we should really know the facts and understand what was being said. I would NEVER recommend teaching a kid that early! It can really strip the innocence out of a person.

I think parents shouldn't just assume that their children know better but rather they really should talk about it with their kids when they are become a teenager. Children shouldn't fear what their parents will think either so having that open relationship will allow your kid to come to you and ask questions more willingly and unashamed.

Wow, that's young. I wouldn't give that kind of a talk to someone that young. I mean, at that age one hasn't even hit puberty yet so no use for it, really. I think it's appropriate to teach teenagers that.

I know that after school, from perversion, healthy class, abstinence talks, etc. that we can fit the pieces together on what sex actually is, but it's some that fail to understand that it shouldn't be fun and games before marriage, like doing that with multiple people. I knew a few that had sex with everyone they dated. It's horrible and this one girl who is more of an acquaintance always said, "I think I'm pregnant!" she enjoys to seduce guys such as those she dates and co-workers especially. Wish that kind of thing didn't happen.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:02 pm
teens are going to have sex no matter what they say in school. you might think that your not going to have sex untill your married but......when your making out with a girl it is easy to get carried away  

digital_kobraX

nhsyhfnsjfknsajhf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:35 pm
I like that I learned it. But it's not like im going to DO it. That doesn't go against my religion, It just creeps me out at the thought of getting carried away, and then unoticeably getting an STD or going through the stage of pregnancy.  
Christian friends

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff