View Results

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:17 pm
Okay, I've seen a couple people talking about this in Phunkeh already but, the topic changed and well, I think this has enough meat for its own thread. Plus I haven't made a thread in awhile. So, yeah.

Now then, those who have been following the EI reports are well aware of the circumstances surrounding Timmy and his possible future.
For those who don't follow the report, here is the rundown:

Timmy
After a long spiritual journey, I finally met the Giant Holy Head who hovers above a mountain and, I dunno, controls stuff or whatever. He said he could fix my life up for me, but he told me I gotta choose between three options:

1: To be made a child again and have a normal, happy childhood.

2. To be turned into the thing I love the most: an Evolving Item!

3. For Dr. Singh to be punished, cause of all the mean things she did to me!

There is a poll up for Gaians to decide what Timmy should choose in this thread.

So...
What do you think Timmy should choose and why?
Have you voted?
What do you think will happen?

As for me, I voted for option two because I am an item-whore and I also think it is the most interesting choice.
I'm also curious what a Timmy EI would look like.

My reason for not choosing option one is that considering Timmy's run of luck, turning him back into a child may well backfire. In the past, I voted for Timmy to be turned into an adult in the hopes that his life might be improved that way and ...look how that turned out.
My reason for not choosing option three is that I don't really see how Timmy's life would be improved by the Doc gettin' punished.

Looking at the results of the poll so far, it looks like option two is going to get the most votes. But, I wouldn't be surprised if the Gaia team decides to make some twist on it...
It almost seems like Timmy's whole existence has been a game of "Corrupt a Wish". Gotta say I'm actually a little nervous that no option will really be good for Timmy. sad

So, get discussin' Timmy, his future, the poll and the voting results, the Gaia team's trickery, and anything else related. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:49 pm
I'll paint you mornings of gold,
I'll spin you Valentine evenings...

I voted for the EI option because I too, hope to have the item he will become. x3

I won't have enough Gaia Cash anyway, so I will be sorrowful as I watch from afar Timmy's beautiful transformation. Maybe he'll be a butterfly! xd

Though we're strangers till now,
We're choosing a path between the stars.

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:01 pm
I don't know what to pick frankly. With Timmy everything turns out bad and rather lame. I'm almost scared to eve choose something.

Yes a EI would be nice but what would that item be? If it reflects the things that have happened to him then I don't know if I'd want it (the trouble getting it with gold aside)

The other tow choices are equally problematic.
Being a kid again might just be more of the same.
And punishing the Doc doesn't do much to improve Timmy. And she's so oblivious would she even get the point?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:37 pm
Not necessarily. The Big Giant Head promised him a competent guardian this time, so he'd have a nice, happy childhood.
Which is why I picked that one.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:40 pm
I'll just quote my response from the Timmy thread:

wakusei
Do not be selfish like Dr. Singh, and think only of evolving items for yourself, people!

Think of the not-real, pixelated man-child! He needs a good home and happy childhood!

Do not deny him! gonk

And my Phunkeh Thread quote:

wakusei
I know the evolving item option will win, but I want child Timmy again! gonk

Plus my moral sensibility tells me denying him a happy childhood just to get an item is selfish!

I care for the NPCs of Gaia far too much... gonk

I guess the way I figured it, no matter what people chose, Gaia would give us a Timmy item. So I thought it'd be nice to at least make him a kid again as well instead of his super creepy ***** adult self.
Oh well. Maybe they'll find a way to turn him back another way to please everyone. Otherwise...does he just cease to exist as an NPC? That will make me very sad....
Timmy had a crush on Dr. Singh, so the revenge thing just seems like it'd be against Timmy's wishes! Giant Lanzer Head shouldn't dish out punishment!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:37 pm
I also voted for the EI choice. I believe that turning Timmy back into a child would only put him back into the care of Dr. Singh, which I would not count as an improvement for Timmy. The same goes for the comeuppance for the Doc. I don't think that would be best for Timmy to choose either because that would sacrifice his innocence, which he has amazingly kept through all of his young life.

Option 2 fulfills so many things in the story it's really the obvious choice.

If Timmy becomes an EI he becomes what he adores he stays pure and brings joy to all his fans. I think that if he were to become an EI it could be HIM growing up, so that everyone could have a little buddy that could follow them around. And that would also punish Singh since she would have to do the EI report on her own from now on. Forcing her to actually take responsibility for once.

I did say just about the same thing in the phunkeh thread but I figured I might as well post it here too. ^_^  

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:00 am
Kusaragi
I believe that turning Timmy back into a child would only put him back into the care of Dr. Singh, which I would not count as an improvement for Timmy.

But according to the giant head: "You may become a child again and be delivered to a more suitable guardian; you will live a normal and happy childhood, never suffering further traumatic mutations or comic mishaps."

So no Dr. Singh....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:14 am
wakusei
Kusaragi
I believe that turning Timmy back into a child would only put him back into the care of Dr. Singh, which I would not count as an improvement for Timmy.

But according to the giant head: "You may become a child again and be delivered to a more suitable guardian; you will live a normal and happy childhood, never suffering further traumatic mutations or comic mishaps."

So no Dr. Singh....

I had forgotten that. Hmmm... that might be suitable for Timmy. But that would still leave us wanting an item. ^_^  

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:29 am
I'd rather see Timmy in a loving home instead of people just wearing him... crying

As an item he probably won't be in stories and such anymore....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:42 am
I chose to make him an evolving item... because it'll be very interesting to see what kind of EI Timmy will look like.  

I Ace Pivot I

the donating cow bunny

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:28 pm
If timmy turns into a hairy butterfly, I'd buy him as an EI. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:44 pm
I agree with Wakusei NPCs amuse me.
I would rather see him reverted to a child and have him turn his attentions over to Rina who is much closer to him in age for the next ball/prom event.
If he was given a new guardian they would have to invent at least one new NPC and create some sort of story, maybe even a manga chapter for the occasion.

Dr. Singh would need to do her own work from now on, that could be punishment enough.

I just don't really want to see a Timmy themed evolving item. It sounds too much like item whores wanting more items no matter what the theme/quality.
And they will probably do some combination of the three choices anyway.

Kalib

Dangerous Admirer

13,365 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Married 100
  • Survivor 150

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:04 pm
He should quit. Retirement, anyone?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:11 pm
Jaft