Submit

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:34 am
I kid you not. Wonka has launched a Golden Ticket contest to promote a new line of chocolate bars.

I intend to get my hands on one of the new Scrumdiddlyumptious bars and open it late at night in my bed...carefully pulling back the wrapper, anticipating the brilliant sheen of gold. I will most likely be bitterly disappointed, just like Charlie, when I find nothing but chocolate inside but, even defeat wont keep me from singing and thoroughly enjoying the movie-to-life experience. whee

So, discuss:

What would you do for a...Golden Ticket?
Do you, like me, want to be Charlie Bucket for a day?
What do you think of the idea of this promotion?
The fact that Gene Wilder is by far the best Wonka ever, hands down.
Anything related.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:58 am
whee I like the Wonka "bottle caps". I dunno if they make those anymore, but they were candies shaped like bottle caps that tasted like the sodas that the bottle caps were supposed to be from. And of course Nerds...and Runts. Oh my gosh, banana flavored Runts are sooo good. whee

But now I super want a Scrumdiddlyumptious bar! The thing I've always wanted from that book...though I guess it's kinda gross if you think about it, was the "lickable wallpaper" xd The fruit wallpaper that tasted like fruit. "The Snozzberries taste like Snozzberries!!" xd Whenever I saw that part in the movie I'd go, "Oh my gosh I want that soooo much"  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Samantha_Grey

8,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:03 am
I would like to try the Scrumdiddlyumptious bar  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:33 am
"Every scar is a lesson...

That... is awesome xd

...Every battle a test of what you have learned."

User Image

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:30 am
I remember the Incredible Gobstopper, as well as Nerds and Runts and Bottlecaps (all of which they still make, by the way; they sell "theater boxes" at Plaid Pantry (kinda like 7-11, or any other convenience store), and they're currently on sale. smile (We just looked at them last night, but decided we have enough candy laying around the house) And I would be SOOOOO happy if Bottlecaps had some with just root beer and cola. whee

And the Golden Ticket is a MARVELOUS idea, it's a wonder they didn't think of it sooner. (Like when the movie came out, for example...) rolleyes

Of course, I miss the days when they actually had more than one variety of Nerds in the separated boxes (grape and strawberry are fine, I suppose, but...), and not all in one "rainbow box). And the Gobstoppers used to be bigger, more like actual Jawbreakers. (I remember getting them on my way home from Sunday school...) mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:19 pm
I want to try all of those delicious looking chocolate bars.... I think the little kid in me just had an aneurysm of happiness... if that makes sense.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:56 pm
Does anyone else remember Astros? I LOVED THEM! Then they stopped making them and I was so sad!

I will be buying a chocolate bar or 2 of these!

On a gross, scary side note... I just had to kill a spider.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:06 pm
I remember gobstoppers!! I used to think they were the best things ever because they were just like the ones in the book...except they wouldn't last forever. blaugh  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:54 pm
Oh I've heard of this from a classmate, who was amused by the fact when the store she works at got a shipment of them.

I'm not a candy addict though so I wouldn't do "anything" to get one, would be neat though.
It's an amusing book to life transfer but I'd prefer the everything in the room is eatable being made in real life biggrin

Also Gene Wilder is indeed the best Wonka ever! But I like the fact that the Depp movie had the authentic Umpalumpa (speling?) lyrics, and the fancier effects help a little.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:05 pm
I have never cared for either version of the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movies, nor the book.

I love Runts, Nerds, and Gobstoppers, though. >w<  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:14 pm
Gene Wilder Wonka >>> Johnny Depp Wonka.

Just saying.

Though I do like the kids in the remake.

Also, every time I see the title of this thread I hum 'I've got a golden ticket~'

I absolutely adore Nerds and I totally want chocolate now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:27 pm
This is related I do believe.  

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:37 pm
Indeed lol  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:48 pm
I don't know what you guys are talking 'bout, but this is really all anyone needs.  

124-C

Seraphim Triumphant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:56 pm
Interesting videos.

The contest sounds interesting, too. What is the prize? Candy? A visit to the factory?  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff