Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:46 pm
Whichever you're comfortable/willing to share.

I'm just curious. [:

This can include awesome quitting and hiring moments, and pretty much anything in the work field that was memorable.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:43 pm
Hehehehe, a good topic.

Let's start with the worst: Last year I worked a temp job at a medical insurance company. After a month, I took all my stuff off my desk and simply ran out. I had literally NO idea what I was supposed to do. The job was sapping my self-esteem, and I basically felt like an idiot every second of every day. Standing up and walking out was the best decision I made because I needed to remind myself that the job did not own me, and I was free to leave. ((Though I do not reccomend walking out on a job just for shits and giggles. This was the only time I've ever done that, but it was a bridge that I could fully accept the concequences for burning)).

Now the best job: Last year, for two days I assisted a couple of casting guys from MTV's "The Call" (or "The Phone" or something). These two guys my sister knew were casting for this reality show, and they needed an assistant to handle the applicants in the lobby while each one went in for their interviews. It was fricken awesome. I basically got paid to chat with reality show hopefuls, and I got to read the weird answers that they had written on their questionares. Best $200 I ever made xd  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:06 pm
I'm not sure what you can qualify it as, but I'm an intern at a local newspaper and just earlier this week, I walked into the office and one of the editors decided that she didn't like my bangs or shoes and that a make over was needed....it was scary.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:41 am
Worst work experience - Getting ripped off by my boss...who didn't pay me the 3 hundred dollars I was owed.

Best work experience - I'll just go with meeting God at Walmart. Hard to top that.  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:04 am
One of the worst work experiences I ever had was when I was working with a couple co-workers (Now fired for incompetence). We needed to put a finish coat on one of the floors we had been working on, I was the one assigned to apply the second coat for the day and the scheduled FINAL coat for the job.

When I went in I needed to vacuum and then apply the finish. The entire time I was vacuuming my co-worker had PLENTY of time to do whatever he needed and all I would need is the finish after the fact. once I was done cleaning the floor I had to go OUTSIDE, AROUND the house THROUGH MUD to get to the van that had the finish after I asked him to bring the finish inside.

And I find the last finish gallon we had, in the mud, on it's side. So now I have to clean THAT too before I can even get back into the house... And it's 7:30 at night so I can see literally $#!7. Then once it's all said and done, the two A$$#oles took the front seats leaving me to sit on a cold, wet, BUCKET in the back seat for the hour long drive back to my house. It was NOT a good day.

The best work day was when they got fired. ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:40 pm
Kyla_Ewens
Hehehehe, a good topic.

Thank you!

Kyla_Ewens

Let's start with the worst: Last year I worked a temp job at a medical insurance company. After a month, I took all my stuff off my desk and simply ran out. I had literally NO idea what I was supposed to do. The job was sapping my self-esteem, and I basically felt like an idiot every second of every day. Standing up and walking out was the best decision I made because I needed to remind myself that the job did not own me, and I was free to leave. ((Though I do not reccomend walking out on a job just for shits and giggles. This was the only time I've ever done that, but it was a bridge that I could fully accept the concequences for burning)).

Now the best job: Last year, for two days I assisted a couple of casting guys from MTV's "The Call" (or "The Phone" or something). These two guys my sister knew were casting for this reality show, and they needed an assistant to handle the applicants in the lobby while each one went in for their interviews. It was fricken awesome. I basically got paid to chat with reality show hopefuls, and I got to read the weird answers that they had written on their questionares. Best $200 I ever made xd

Dang, I don't think I would have even had the guts to be that sporadic. Yeah sometimes the corporate hole has just too much of a grip.

Hah that sounds like a good job. I generally don't like reality shows, but that's an awesome pay for it.  

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Yanike

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:40 pm
Current Obsession|| Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness

Vurst: I was coming into work on a daily basis, no hiccups in performance and I pretty much enjoyed my job. However, this older woman felt threatened (don't ask how or why) by me, so she proceeded to make an EXACT COPY OF THE TIME SHEET for me to go in and note. However, her 'copy' stated my times were 3 hours later than they really were.

Nevertheless, the woman was a sister of the owner's so I wind up coming into work 3 hours late for an entire week and got fired. stressed

Best: I met the mayor of my city, and he gave me a tip when I took his table. This was back when I was in high school and had no concept of who the local politicians were. And by tip, I mean he gave me a $10 tip on a $40 check. Whoo baby!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:16 pm
Yanike

Vurst: I was coming into work on a daily basis, no hiccups in performance and I pretty much enjoyed my job. However, this older woman felt threatened (don't ask how or why) by me, so she proceeded to make an EXACT COPY OF THE TIME SHEET for me to go in and note. However, her 'copy' stated my times were 3 hours later than they really were.

Nevertheless, the woman was a sister of the owner's so I wind up coming into work 3 hours late for an entire week and got fired. stressed

Best: I met the mayor of my city, and he gave me a tip when I took his table. This was back when I was in high school and had no concept of who the local politicians were. And by tip, I mean he gave me a $10 tip on a $40 check. Whoo baby!

I would have pleaded the case of the time error with the boss man. If you had the sheet that was given to you that should have been enough proof of why you were late. I think that really sucked and that the other woman was simply insecure. xp  

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

xoKaityPoo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:41 pm
worst: Well I work at a fastfood place i will not say which. but i was working at night it was my second day working front counter. Everything was going ok until this bleach blonde bimbo came in. Trust me she was the valley girl stereotype to a "t". Any way she asks me to make this type of coffee. I tell her that i dont know how to and suggest that she wait until my co-worker comes back from her cigerette break. She cant wait until she gets back and demands that i make it for her. I tell her again that i dont know how, she calls me an idiot and tells me that any moron could do it. So i started to make it for her, i give it to her. she screams that its the worst thing shes ever tasted and throws it on the counter the top comes off and coffee goes every where......Later i had to clean the counter and floor and got yelled at all while in coffee soaked cloths....

best: i went to work and the whole time i was supposed to be working my manager sent me and this super cute coworker around to the other stores in my area for a list of things it was so fun  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:25 pm
Once I was accused of being part of Al Qaeda and bringing the twin towers down. I wouldn't call this my best or worst experience at work, but it's definitely one I will never forget.  

shadowrune

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:37 pm
Kusaragi
Yanike

I would have pleaded the case of the time error with the boss man. If you had the sheet that was given to you that should have been enough proof of why you were late. I think that really sucked and that the other woman was simply insecure. xp

Yeah that's what I was basically going to say, and how did you find out you had a false printout?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:19 pm
Best: My intership at this public preschool. Even though they didn't have a lot of funding or hi tech stuff. They loved all the students there and all the kids were warm and friendly. It didn't take long for me to make deep impacts to them. By the end of my intership even the shy ones would run up and hug me first chance they got. It was funny cause they would forget to tell their parents goodbye.

Worst: They were privately owned "preschool" and it showed. It's was just an overrated day care. They didn't care for any of the kids and didn't even help children with learning or behavioral issues. They kept allowing this one five year old to kick stuff and they would just send him to the directors office. All she told him that one day he will break his foot and they will laugh at him. stare Also, since I was bounce between different rooms I didn't really get to bond with any of the students... oh and every Friday they would just watch TV instead of reviewing what they learned so far or learn something new. It was just a baby factory.  

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

Boxed_Jam

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:04 pm
Best
Wrapping bouquets for people for a mother's day special (at the grocery store I work part time) and receiving a whole bunch of tips for being creative (even though I had no idea what I was doing).

Worst
Being hit on by creepy old truck drivers while receiving product shipments in the back room. I just kinda shoved all the product into a random freezer, signed some papers and got out of there as fast as I could. I went back to the freezer to take care of the product when they had left.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:47 am
My best work experiences were always when working with people and helping them out with a problem. For some reason I am a people person but most of the time I prefer to be alone, ironic.

My worst wrok experiences would have to be when dealing with people younger than me, usually teenagers, that are think headed and think they are industructable and that the world revolves around them. Can't stand those kids, and considering I work with them every weekend I am surprised that I still have any sanity yet or that I haven't knocked one out, hehe that would be fun... twisted

YukiOfTheMightnightHour

5,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:53 am
My worst work experience is...well, still ongoing, actually. It involves idiotic stable politics, a vicious dog being allowed to roam free and attack us pretty much at will, and my supervisor being treated like dirt by our boss - doubly so after she complained about the dog. >.< I'm hoping all this will resolve itself soon, but since that means that the dog will have to severely injure someone so that it gets euthanized, I'm not hoping that hard.

My best work experience is from the same place, and it's whenever I have the day off school and/or no extracurriculars. Then I can take my time, and my supervisor and I ride some of the horses afterwards. It's fun, AND I get paid for it. 3nodding  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff