I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Weird Things That Made You Cry Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

O_o Dude...are you crying because of that TV ad?
  =_= No! Just....dust in my eyes....so much dust...
  T-T YES!! When the boy hugs the puppy it just....*Sobs*
  :O Ye gods! My eyes are leaking pudding!!
View Results

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:51 pm
So the other day on my favorite radio station, they were talking about a TV ad that had made a couple of the DJs cry. xp After the initial teasing subsided, they started answering calls from listeners, discussing the weird things that had made them cry.

Now, this isn't a thread for really horrible sad personal situations that have made us cry...this is a thread for sharing moments when a cartoon show or a movie or something made you cry, and then later you thought, "Wow...I can't believe I cried at that." xp

So ATG how sentimentalish are you?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:58 pm
Newest Flicka movie when the girl comes down on the stairs and says "daddy you can shoot us." ALWAYS MAKES ME CRY LIKE CRAZY! you can't fake emotion like that...  

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:31 pm
Ahhhh, I'm a sentimental git. smile

Let's see... Jesse's song in Toy Story 2 gets me, and there's a couple of places in Mercedes Lackey's "The Last Herald-Mage" trilogy that get me, too. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:35 pm
That day I cried was Sunday. My car had broke down, and is STILL IN THE ******** GARAGE...... daddy in law is paying for it so that means I owe him even MORE money which he is going b***h about, and then Monday morning CAS was coming. So I stressed and panicked and cried, a friend helped me feel better.  

God-Raped-Me

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:20 pm
"Every scar is a lesson...

Best. Poll. EVAR.

*ahem* Anyway. I'm weird, I don't cry at things like that. Instead, I get angry.

Prime example:The movie Serenity. Wash is one of my favorite caracters. When he died in the movie, I almost threw my laptop across the room.

That was a long time ago. I recently watched the movie again, forgot that he died in the movie, then... BAM! Angry again xd

...Every battle a test of what you have learned."

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:19 am
I don't know if it counts as a weird thing to cry about but, people tend to laugh at me when I tell them this one.
Land Before Time..the first one. When Little Foot sees his shadow and ...chases it ...thinking it's ...but, it's just him... crying
I will never watch that again.  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:35 am
I'm not crying...it's just been raining...on my face! crying

Ahem....

I don't full out CRY at much, but I get all misty at a few things, so I'm just gonna go with those instances....

I can totally agree with Jesse's song in Toy Story 2 (pretty much any other time Sarah Mclachlan sings, really...) and The Land Before Time...although with that one it's more the song at the end that gets me. If we hold oooooon tooogeeeeeether~~~ emo

Also the ending of Meet the Robinsons and they show the Walt Disney quote and everything, omg....

The beginning bit of Up, because I mean...come on.

I DID flat out cry during an episode of Angel when my favorite character died in the first season. It was so obvious he would die, too.

A death on Lost and in the anime Fushigi Yugi also had me rather upset....

When I finished reading The Lord of the Rings for the first time I felt like crying....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:44 am
Generally, when my favorite characters die I get all frowny faced but, don't actually cry/mist up. Many animes have made me all frowny faced sad

But yeah I just remembered when I was younger (between 7 - 9) I used to cry at the end of good movies....because they were over. lol  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:22 am
I absolutely cried upon reading A Tree Grows in Brooklyn when the dad dies... probably because I'm so close to my own... totally cried. And it really got me because nothing had had that deep and affect on me before.

Yes the first part of Up made me misty eyed!

A few other things will get me rather emotional, but I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

Also:
I do get mad when certain characters die.
Read Terry Brooks The Sword of Shanara, this one character gets killed... and I could have thrown the book at the man's head for it. mad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:34 am
(Spoiler Alert!)
In the second "Gregor the Overlander" book, first, his little sister dies, which was sad enough, and then his best friend dies, and I almost burst out in tears when reading, but at the end, turns out they both lived. Just a complete misunderstanding.  

ScottyShip

Dapper Prophet

4,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Trader 100

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:58 am
A main character of three books [namely The Colour of Magic, The Lights Fantastic, Sourcery] died, I shed a tear or two. Turns out in book four he didn't die. Cookies to whoever guesses what I'm talking about [and didn't google it].  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:32 pm
Happiness. I always think it's weird to cry about, but yeah I have in complete and utter bliss. D:  

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Yanike

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:43 pm
Current Obsession|| Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness

That Kevin-guy's audition from America's Got Talent. Skinner, maybe? Iono.

I cried at his audition, no clue why. I remember it was pretty though, but I wouldn't be able to tell you why something pretty brings tears to my eyes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:50 pm
*smacks forehead* Oh, yeah, how could I forget? In Louisa May Alcott's book, Little Women, when Beth dies... gets me every time! (Oddly, I've never seen any of the, what, 4 cinematic adaptations.)

And I seldom (ever?) out-and-out sob, but tears definitely fall from these brown eyes. smile  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

Yanike

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:55 pm
aretoo
tears definitely fall from these brown eyes. smile
Current Obsession|| Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness

I like how you said that. mrgreen