Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
Friendship problems [HELP!]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smol Pixel IV

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:24 pm
Well, i have these two friends. every close of mind.
& Im stuck inbtween these religon figths
My first friend, "joe" [not giveing names out]
Is a Jahvoan wittnesses. My second friend
"Bob" Is a Wiccan. & i am a christan.
All of us got along great till bob said shes a wiccan
joe imdieatly started to say she was a satan worshiper.
I know a little about wicca, & no there is NO SUCH SATAN in the religon.
So now joe is blameing bob & i for worshiping satan
He says that every religin exept for his is a satan religon
or so, what there teachings say. Now we have huge arguments.
idk what to do. our friendship is falling apart. & joe found out that bob
has been teaching joes bro wiccaism[its sorta like pagan, it differs tho]
So what should i do? im so confuses.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:52 pm
Hm. I noticed you seem to be defending your Wicca friend very strongly. Would you defend your Jehovah's Witness friend just as strongly? And what about your own personal faith? The answers to these questions will tell you a lot about how you feel about these friends, and about Christ.

You say these friends are very close to you; if they are so close, why do they not understand each other? This does not sound like something close friends do... so maybe they're not as close as you might feel.

That being said, if friends do not understand each other, they will never be able to make their relationship any stronger.

I recommend you sit down with each of them and tell them what Jesus Christ really means to you, and about his graceful and perfect Love. Read the Gospels in the Bible and listen to the testimonies of other faithful Christians if you need to; it will help a lot. Going to church does wonders, if you really listen to the message and seek God's guidance.
Once you know the love of God, you will be able to love your friends just as perfectly.

I honestly don't know what to do to stop the fighting. Each friend is probably very rooted in their ways and unlikely to change to accommodate each other.
Pray; and hope that God opens up a path to their hearts, if He has not already done so.
As for you, be prepared to encourage them to follow the Love that you have found.

"Preach the word of God. Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching."
2 Timothy 4:2  

Saint Crazy The Follower

Smol Pixel IV

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:25 pm
Saint Crazy S Requiem
Hm. I noticed you seem to be defending your Wicca friend very strongly. Would you defend your Jehovah's Witness friend just as strongly? And what about your own personal faith? The answers to these questions will tell you a lot about how you feel about these friends, and about Christ.

You say these friends are very close to you; if they are so close, why do they not understand each other? This does not sound like something close friends do... so maybe they're not as close as you might feel.

That being said, if friends do not understand each other, they will never be able to make their relationship any stronger.

I recommend you sit down with each of them and tell them what Jesus Christ really means to you, and about his graceful and perfect Love. Read the Gospels in the Bible and listen to the testimonies of other faithful Christians if you need to; it will help a lot. Going to church does wonders, if you really listen to the message and seek God's guidance.
Once you know the love of God, you will be able to love your friends just as perfectly.

I honestly don't know what to do to stop the fighting. Each friend is probably very rooted in their ways and unlikely to change to accommodate each other.
Pray; and hope that God opens up a path to their hearts, if He has not already done so.
As for you, be prepared to encourage them to follow the Love that you have found.

"Preach the word of God. Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching."
2 Timothy 4:2

yeah i defend her more, not to be rude but i have read the rules.
but the JW have close minded thougths
he told me i was going to go hell for woundering about the stars.
he claimed that his teachiings say that NASA belgons to satan.
i guess i should forget him  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:40 pm
Two things first. Your "wiccan" friend probably isn't wiccan but a neo-pagan since to be a wiccan requires initiation which is sexual in nature. If she's been "initiated" and under 18, she needs to report her coven to the proper authorities for child molestation.

Next Jehovah Witnesses are Christian but they subscribe to the Arian heresy (Jesus was divine but not God incarnate), docetism (Jesus didn't have a physical body), and use a literal interpretation of scripture.

Personally if I was in your shoes, I would bring up Matthew 25:38-46. To summarize, God knows who is with him and who is against him. He will separate the sheep from the goats and we don't know what's in others hearts but God does. If anything it sounds like Joe has the problem. I would ask him what would Jesus do in this situation? He was friends with the worst of the worst according to Judaism, tax collectors and prostitutes. If he is concerned about you all being devil worshipers then he should be setting the standard and his faith to God will show through his actions toward others. I wouldn't get too worked up over Joe to be honest.

Edit: grammar and clarity.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Dont kill em blacc

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:22 pm
me and my friend are haveing some problums we haveint tockt in 4 months and i feel like shes egnoring me one time i wus at her home i wus thar all day and we tockt like 5 or 8 times...wut do i do? U_U be cus im in a rut plz help sad butt if you cant help il gost pray god puts me on the right path =]  
Advice ~ because we care

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games