Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
"Let's Ban Salt!" "Yea, that's a great idea!" Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:08 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

So my parents recently came back from a meeting and in the car they were listening to the awesome Glenn Beck who brought up a not so awesome issue. Apparently some whacked in the head congressman wants to pass a bill to ban salt from NY. My questions are as follows; What about Mcdonalds, Burger King, Wendys, the people with diabetes who need salt in their diet, why is someone who sounds like they don't even live in NY trying to pass an idiotic bill for NY? Does this new bill sound idiotic to anyone else? Also why are our goverment officials so stupid? What happened to all the smart people that didn't sleep around with people other than their spouses?

Because grey will not do.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:30 pm
Yeah, that idea is idiotic. Those are very good questions that I wish I had an answer to. All the smart people were pretty much kicked out of office cuz they were too old or something. So new young dumb polititians took their place. There are some old guys but they are just as bad as the younger guys, so there really isn't a difference.  

Xx-Yuuki_Kaname-xX

zrp

Witty Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:47 pm
well think about it salt prices will jump c: it's like if we legalized weed the price wouldnt be so high  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:40 am
My parents and siblings were talking about this during lunch on Sunday. I'm like, "Whoa, seriously?" They're like, "Yeah!" I mean, that's so stupid. If people want to eat salt then let them eat salt. Since when do industries care about our salt intake? Salt is good for us, just not in excess.

I think this is idiotic. It's just salt! What's the big deal?  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:51 am

The people in our goverment are stupid now. Havn't you heard? They never do any research on anything. They just go "Oh, this sounds like a good idea. Yea, I thought of it while I was on the tiolet, but it is still great!", when in reality it is very bad.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:18 pm
Br1ttana

The people in our goverment are stupid now. Havn't you heard? They never do any research on anything. They just go "Oh, this sounds like a good idea. Yea, I thought of it while I was on the tiolet, but it is still great!", when in reality it is very bad.

True that.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Sky2235

Virtuous Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:46 pm
Wow that is kinda dumb. But theres no use in being upset about it. I highly doubt that could even work out. Do you know how many businesses would go out of business since all they serve is salt? Or they will have to come up with new ways of making food. It won't pass.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:25 pm
It is a dumb idea to ban salt. I wouldn't be surprised though if it did happen. Our government isn't listening to anyone it seems lately.  

Phillip Solar

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:43 pm
Can I just say that any idea that comes from the Obama regime is a bad idea?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:13 pm
Thereare a lot of dumb laws. Here's a video on just a few of them. Dumb Illegal Laws  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Seraphim6496

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:39 pm
There's a passage in the Bible. I'm paraphrasing, but it says something like In the end times they will forbid the eating of meat and the giving in marriage. I think it's in I Tim 3... Salt is used as a preservative for meat. If they ban salt then there's less options to preserve it. But I have other things on this passage, but I don't think they apply here...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:19 pm
Well theres enough salt in food naturally to provide more than enough of what our bodies need.

All "Added" salt's are there purely for flavouring, banning Salt, while limiting cookery applications, would do no harm to our health and probably make everyone a good deal better off.  

Haha Coffee

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:29 pm
Four Mile Sprint
Well theres enough salt in food naturally to provide more than enough of what our bodies need.

All "Added" salt's are there purely for flavouring, banning Salt, while limiting cookery applications, would do no harm to our health and probably make everyone a good deal better off.

A. Haven't seen you in here for a while.
B. What about above post?
C. What shall Mcdonalds and etc. do? (I realize that is a bad repudiation...and that I probably used the wrong word there. :/)
D. Name me foods with salt naturally in them, and how much salt is in each.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:03 am
Br1ttana
Four Mile Sprint

A. Haven't seen you in here for a while.
B. What about above post?
C. What shall Mcdonalds and etc. do? (I realize that is a bad repudiation...and that I probably used the wrong word there. :/)
D. Name me foods with salt naturally in them, and how much salt is in each.

A) Been busy with various aspects of tedious life!
B) What about above post?
C) McDonalds in England and europe long ago were banned from adding copious ammounts of salt to there food, instead they provide satchels and how much you use it put up to you, its done there buisness no end of Good, Mcdonals overall revenue within europe increasing a lot over the past few years.
D)Potatos, Pasta, All Meats, Most Vegtables, Sugar...pretty much everything.

Salt is a very small part of our diet, yet it is vital to most living creatures(all mamals) and a lack of it like a lack of any vitamin or protein would result in an unpleasent case of Death.

However Humans have not "mined" salt as we do in it's current form for all our history, in fact it only began in the Middle east, and eastern europe about 2600 years ago, before that we as hunter gathered and the rest of the animal kingdom for a good few Million years, got on quite fine without it.

Most salt you digest, (like most of all the supliments you digest) is passed straight through your kidney and out through your Urea and Fecese, in this case about 90% of all the Salt you intake passes straight through you, the ammount of salt you need to survive is very very small, and is present naturally within most foods and plants, through the natural food cycle.

Extra salt is only required for countries with high temperature. New York doesnt fall into that bracket.  

Haha Coffee

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:00 am
My issue with it is that it's not up to the Government to tell people what they can or can't eat and how much to eat and how much not to eat.  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff