Reply Community Lounge
Dentists! Oh noes! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:35 pm
So I finally have a dentist appointment booked for Monday at 2! This is my first one since I was 6 and I'm horrified! I'm sure he will want to pull out all my wisdoms as well as poke at every single cavity I have! Should I need anything pulled OW will cover it so that's good. I'm not sure what else they will cover though.

So ATG I was wondering if you would all like to share your dental visit stories with the rest of us. Good or bad lets hear them all!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:46 pm
"Every scar is a lesson...

I refuse to go to my dentist anymore, and I don't have dental insurance right now so there's no point in looking for a new one. My last dentist was a d**k, and on my last visit with him I almost put him through the damn wall.

I went in for a simple filling, no problem right? Wrong. He shoots me up with the novacaine, then leaves, and comes back later and starts drilling. I felt a little concerned when I felt cold, then way more concerned when I felt pain.

So I'm sitting there, with this dickhead drilling on me, while I'm waving my arms and s**t trying to get him out of my mouth. Finally it took me literally taking my hands and pulling his arm out so I could talk.

Him: "What are you doing? You know how dangerous that is?"
Me: "You know how perilously close your getting to being knocked the ******** out!? Pay attention to your god-damn patients, I've been trying to tell you that ******** hurts! The novacaine obviously hasn't kicked in yet!"
Him: "Well, I'm not going to sit here and take this" *storms out*

Another dentist came in and finished it up, and I'm not altogether sure he didn't purposely botch it because it's been over a year and that tooth STILL hurts every damn day.

...Every battle a test of what you have learned."

User Image

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:25 pm
gonk Jeez, Rol... that ...is awful.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:34 pm
There really needs to be some way to get your money back or just be like "No, you didn't do what I'm paying you to do so ******** off! I don't have to pay s**t." You can do that when people are cutting your hair... should be able to do that when you're paying for your teeth to be fixed too!  

God-Raped-Me

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:49 pm
The Kusa is in pain almost every day. He has a cavity on the right side of his upper jaw. It's exposed a nerve and it hurts when I swallow hard, or when I suck on anything. In the unlikely (But unavoidable) times when I actually chew on that side, food gets forced into the gap and I need to FISH it out with a toothpick, right next to the nerve. It is horrible beyond all reason. crying I am currently broke beyond all reason and have no options when it come to dentistry at the moment. sad  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:58 pm
My dentist that I had when I was growing up was a butcher. He was also my godfather, and the only dentist in town. gonk

I have a terrible phobia of dentistry thanks to him.

My teeth are all very close together, so even with brushing and flossing, I had a few cavities as a kid. He NEVER seemed to believe me when I told him that I was in pain. "No, the anaesthetic will have kicked in by now."

Right, so the intense pain is all in my head. That's wonderful.

I am sure that the next time I drag myself to the dentist (I don't currently have a dentist), they'll tell me I need some extractions and root canals. xp

I'm not trying to scare you, GRM. sweatdrop If it makes you feel any better, most of my friends don't seem to have had bad experiences.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:17 pm
GRM is still scared anyways! I've never heard good stories of dentists! Even when GTR got 2 of his teeth pulled they had to saw the one in half to get it out. Then he was in so much pain for the next 3 days he was stoned on meds the entire time. I can't be stoned because I have children! Not to mention.... GRM DOESN'T LIKE ZE PAIN!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:27 pm
I always say...the best way to get over your fear of the dentist? Get an orthodontist... gonk

Thank you, braces. Because of you I have straight teeth and the dentist ain't got nothing I can't handle.

I had 11 cavities filled at one time. And I still preferred that to anything braces involved.

Although my orthodontist did have video games to play while waiting for your appointment.... That was nice.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:36 pm
I know I SHOULD get braces..... but I don't want them! I heard they're nasty painful! You didn't make them sound like chewing on taffy either.

Although.... The idea of chewing on taffy kinda hurts my teeth when I think about it too.... crying  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:41 pm
Braces aren't that painful >.> They're unpleasant, yes, but they're not like super painful.
They're a b***h and a half when you love gum and caramel stuffs though.

As for dental experiences, I've never had anything super super bad happen to me. ^^; Lucky me I guess.

invisible-weirdo

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:46 pm
Yeah, I mean...it's not that braces HURT so much, per say. But I don't think the dentist does either. It's more a matter of much crap has to go in your mouth and how much strain your teeth and such get put under. It's more soreness than pain.

Braces would not be like chewing on taffy...as you can't eat even chew taffy with braces! Well, you're not supposed to anyway. And from personal experience, I wouldn't recommend it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:48 pm
I've never had a truly "Bad" experience with the dentist. I am always calm and I take some music in with me to pass the time.

When I got my Wisdom teeth removed (They were crowding the other teeth and Erupting the gums) I was heavily sedated and never felt a anything but a gentle pressure. It was a very interesting feeling.

my teacher had an issue once with the painkillers. She would be so freaked out about being in pain that her heart rate would skyrocket, causing the Novocain to be swept from the area faster then it could take effect. The only way to combat that is to relax and calm down. As long as your relaxed and tell the doc what's going on you'll be fine.

Unless of course your dentist is an a**... Sorry to hear about your godfather Tae. crying But that kind of dentist is the exception rather then the rule in my experience.  

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Aachren

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:00 pm
Kusaragi
The Kusa is in pain almost every day. He has a cavity on the right side of his upper jaw. It's exposed a nerve and it hurts when I swallow hard, or when I suck on anything. In the unlikely (But unavoidable) times when I actually chew on that side, food gets forced into the gap and I need to FISH it out with a toothpick, right next to the nerve. It is horrible beyond all reason. crying I am currently broke beyond all reason and have no options when it come to dentistry at the moment. sad

Check out your local school that has a dental hygenist program. Most of the schools let people come in and get their teeth cleaned and what not for super cheap or free.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:28 pm
wakusei
I always say...the best way to get over your fear of the dentist? Get an orthodontist... gonk

Thank you, braces. Because of you I have straight teeth and the dentist ain't got nothing I can't handle.

I had 11 cavities filled at one time. And I still preferred that to anything braces involved.

Although my orthodontist did have video games to play while waiting for your appointment.... That was nice.

Srsly.....I think it was a sick and twisted mind that invented "The Jaw Expander". I needed one before they could fit me with braces because of my overbite. Basically, it was attached to the roof of my mouth, and every day my mom had to turn part of it with a key. It literally forced my upper jaw to widen just slightly every day. It was like having my upper jaw very slightly broken every morning. xd My mom still says she feels horrible about how she had to do that to me every day.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:58 pm
Kyla_Ewens
wakusei

Srsly.....I think it was a sick and twisted mind that invented "The Jaw Expander". I needed one before they could fit me with braces because of my overbite. Basically, it was attached to the roof of my mouth, and every day my mom had to turn part of it with a key. It literally forced my upper jaw to widen just slightly every day. It was like having my upper jaw very slightly broken every morning. xd My mom still says she feels horrible about how she had to do that to me every day.

I totally had one of those too!
And a retainer. That was cemented to my mouth. That the orthodontist started pulling off without telling me.
I agree with waku. Orthodontists are way worse than dentists.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff