Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
Jay's short storie

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ayoo Jay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:48 pm
My short story is called:
How to Get Really Smart...

A customer at Stingray Fishmongers marvelled at the owner's quick wit and intelligence.

'Tell me, Simon, what makes you so smart?'

'I wouldn't share my secret with just anyone, 'Simon replies, lowering his voice so the other shoppers won't hear.' But since you're a good and faithful customer, I'll let you in on it. Fish heads. You eat enough of them, you'll be positively brilliant.'

'You sell them here?' the customer asks.

'Only $4 apiece', says Simon.

The customer buys three. A week later, he's back in the store complaining that the fish heads were disgusting and he isn't any smarter.

'You didn't eat enough, 'says Simon. The customer goes home with 20 more fish heads. Two weeks later, he's back and this time he's really angry.

'Hey, Simon, 'he complains, 'you're selling me fish heads for $4 a piece when I can buy the whole fish for $2. you're ripping me off!'

'You see?' says Simon, 'you're smarter already.'  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:17 pm
here is my short story
called the cures of the yellow flower: Farrah woke up from a rooster crow from the coop. She woke up her twin brother Gordon who shared a room with her. After getting dressed, they went outside to do the chores. There were eggs to gather from the crazy chickens, head butting goats to be fed, and Lucy and Lucida the cows, needed to be milked. When they finished letting out the cows to graze, they smelt a delicious smell coming from the kitchen. They ran into the wooden house on the hill. When they entered the house their faces brightened. There on the lopsided table was soft fresh bread, white with a perfect circle of yellow in the middle of the egg, and crispy hot bacon. While Papa was drinking some coffee, he said,” Kids don’t forget your lunch boxes. You will get hungry later.” So they took their rusty lunch boxes and their school books then ran out the door.

On their way to school, Farrah was running on ahead because they were late. Gordon tripped on a tree root. His books went everywhere. Farrah was too far away to see him. While picking his books up he saw a yellow flower. He said to himself, “It won’t do anything if I touch it”. (In his village there was a saying that if you touch a yellow flower it will cause bad things to happen to you in the near future). He touched it said “See nothing happened how silly”. He ran to catch up with Farrah. She asks “What took you so long?” Gordon didn’t answer.

When they came up to the slanted school house, they saw Mrs. Laura Honey waiting at the door for them. She said “Come on in so a breeze doesn’t come in”. Farrah loved Mrs. Laura Honey because she is as sweet as honey just like her name. She had a habit of putting fresh flowers on her desk everyday. They are always pretty. She loved the color purple. Today she had purple flowers with white babies’ breath. When they finished their long tests in math and their tiring history test they headed home to do their evening chores.

Mama prepared a delicious supper with Farrah’s favorite vegetables from the garden. Papa built a hot fire in the fireplace. Papa said, “Everyone come here and tell me how your day was”. Everybody answered except Gordon because he didn’t want to tell anybody that he touched a yellow flower. Later they went upstairs to wash up and get in bed.

During the pitch black night, Gordon was crying in his sleep. Farrah woke him up and asked “What’s wrong?” Gordon said, “Nothing don’t worry about it”.

That Sunday at church the pastor William Baker was preaching about how keeping secrets can be harmful. Gordon was thinking how he had kept a secret about touching the yellow flower. He wondered if anything would happen to him. Church was over and the pastor said, “Thank you for coming have a good week”.

On their way back home in the carriage they went by where the yellow flower was. Gordon looked back to see if the yellow flower was still there.

They changed out of their church clothes and got into old clothes when they got home. They went outside to do the chores. While Gordon was getting hay for the hungry cows his legs gave way and he fell down. When Farrah went to get some grain for the chicks she saw Gordon on the ground in pain. She started to scream, “Mama! Papa! Come quick!” They came running to see. Gordon said, “I can’t move my legs. I’m scared. Help!” Papa picked him up and carried him to his bed. Farrah and Papa went to get the doctor, Ronnie Mac. The first thing the doctor did was take Gordon’s temperature and said, “He has a high fever and is very ill.” Papa asked “With what?” The doctor said, “I don’t know. I have never seen this before but I have herd about it. There is a plant that will cure it.” Mama asked “What kind of plant, so I can see if it’s in my garden.” He said, “Oh it can’t be in your garden; it can only be found in the forest.” It is called the apple seed plant. It’s red and it’s in the middle of the forest and by a creek. That is all I know. Sorry, good day.”

It was night and Farrah woke up and wrote a note saying:

Dear Mom and Dad,

I will be back. I’m going to get an Appleseed plant. I’m not going to be gone longer than 3 days. I can’t watch Gordon being in pain. Don’t worry about me. I know my way around. I love you.

Love,
Farrah

Farrah dressed in all white so she won’t catch the bad luck from the yellow flower and packed red apples and cold water and a lantern. She put the note on the lopsided table then she was on her way. As she entered the woods it looked old and sad. Farrah kept walking and walking till the sun came up. She sat down on big rock and said, “This is such a pretty old forest.” She got up and kept walking, then she walked into a spider web. She twirled around in circles then she fell into a mud puddle and her clothes were a yucky brown. Farrah looked around and saw a creek and she washed her clothes then letted them dry. She put them back on then she looked around and saw red apple seed plants. She was so happy; she grabbed a handful and followed her foot steps back.

When she walked out the droopy forest she saw the little house on the hill. She said, “Home Sweet home.” She ran up the hill and opened the door and said, I’m home.” She gave the Appleseed plant to her mom and her mom put the plant in a cup with water and stirred it up. Farrah gave it to Gordon and he drank it down. In the morning he was so happy that he was all better, and Farrah gave her Mama and Papa a hug. Farrah and Gordon played together for the rest of the day. Then Gordon never touched the yellow flower ever again.  

XX_Rawr Cherrys_XX

Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff