Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Apology

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:34 pm
Is an apology an apology if you have to ask for it?
Does it mean less because you asked for it?
You apologized to the person but they didn't apologize to you. Is that right?

What are your thoughts on asking for an apology?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:46 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

I think if you have to ask someone to apologize to you then they really weren't too sorry for what they did or what happened. If he truly felt like they needed forgiveness then they would issue the apology and ask for you to forgive them (at least in my opinion). And I do think it means less if you have to ask someone else to apologize to you.

I don't think it's fair if 2 people are at fault for something and only 1 side takes responsibility and apologizes, but that's life ya know? It's almost never fair when it comes to other humans. But as long as you remember that you have taken care of your side of the street then it's in their hands to do make the next move. Also an apology is kind of mostly for yourself. When you try to make amends for something you've done it's to help free you of the guilt or shame you feel from it. you can let go of something that might have been weighing you down in the past.

I also think that if the other person doesn't offer up an apology after you have then it's hard to deal with the relationship after (for myself). I just have to remember that God paid the penalty for my sin and he did the same for theirs so I need to accept it and move on.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Fates Oblivion

Seasonal Leaf

12,175 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Falling For You 25
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:06 pm
Yea it dosn't have the same efect when you have to ask for an apology because that means the person isn't really sorry.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:08 pm
If you did the wrong doing, YOU apologize !
& If not then they should apologize ...
Simple as that ..  

MzVicy

Ravenous Kitkat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:07 pm

User Image

I agree with faithful quenga on the first n' second question.

And yeah, If the person's the one in the wrong, he/she should apologize, and vice versa. However, I dont think it's right to remain angry and not forgive each other 3nodding

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:55 pm
Asking for an apology doesn't seem like your getting a real apology. You shouldn't work for it. The person who did wrong, who apologizes without being asked, is being true.  

Royal Crayon

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:41 pm
I think that an apology is an apology. Saying words that communicate a message of acknowledging one's own wrongdoing and asking for another's forgiveness.

Whether you have to ask for it or not really isn't the issue. The issue I would have is whether the person making the apology sincerely means it. If you have to ask someone, and they apologize and they meant it, then I would be satisfied. On the other hand, if someone comes to me and issues a most heartfelt, gut wrenching, mess of emotional garbage that would have you weeping in your seat, and they really don't mean a word of what's coming out of their mouth, I'd prefer the former.
It really all comes down to what's in the person's heart. Words are just words after all....  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:52 pm
I don't like being asked for a apology most of the time I don't do it sincerely, but lets face it, we all have "Apologized" and not meant it. Usually what happens with me I spend awhile to cool down in my room, I think about it and where I was blind I see how i was wrong, that's when I apologize. Most of the time when I am asked to apologize I am punished worse than if I come forward.  

The_Cursed_Phoenix

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:03 pm
Curse-of-the-Phoenix
I don't like being asked for a apology most of the time I don't do it sincerely, but lets face it, we all have "Apologized" and not meant it. Usually what happens with me I spend awhile to cool down in my room, I think about it and where I was blind I see how i was wrong, that's when I apologize.

You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

Same for me here.

For OP's questions:
1= Half of the time no. >< I don't think you should be asked for an apology technically, because it means less. Also, does God ever ask us to apologize? Does he ever say "Apologize to me now for sinning!" No, we waits for us to come to him to apologize.
2. Repeating my above answer. Half of the time a person does mean it, the other half they just want to appease the person asking for an apology.
3. No, it's nots right, but no one said that life is fair. As Christians, I believe it is our duty to just have to stand up and be the better person.

Because grey will not do.

Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff