Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:39 pm
Okay. Well, Blaqkout has decided he cannot run the guild anymore because he doesn't have the time, and sold me the guild. Now, I'm letting you know right now that I am NOT going to be changing the guild, because I love the guild the way it is. Also, if Blaqkout ever decides to return, I have already told him that he is welcome to take back leadership. So, until then, I am your new Captain.

Now. I'm sure you have all noticed the lack of activity in this guild. Oh, sure, people are posting, just no where near enough. So, we need to work together to figure out a way to fix this problem. So, the floor is open for suggestions. Anyone may speak their mind, but please, make sure you comment about a way to bring activity back at least. Thank you.

-Lanfaer
Captain of Way Too Many Guilds

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:14 pm
I say throw a couple contests out and send notices to all the inactive members. Give them a couple days to get back and if they don't wish to return we can recycle them open there positions and recruit new rpers to fill the ranks.

Maybe like a grand Kage sparring session

A taijutsu free for all with the lower ranks, etc, etc. Maybe even assign some missions to a few squads or throw out a natural disaster to a village.  

TheManWhoLivesintheClouds

Mana_ecl Zetsuya

Bashful Seeker

9,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:04 pm
Tonight is the night we become great!
The Stars will show us the way!

First, I'd say assign some people to send out PMs towards inactive members. Can't trust a simple announcement in bolstering activity.

Hosting some new contests would definitely be a useful bit, as well.

Tonight is the night we become Great!

The Stars are what gave us away!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:59 pm
Very true about the announcement. I'm having Cloud PM everyone right now.

Now. Contests. I was thinking of running another Clan contest, but I am unsure. What kind of contests would you guys suggest? "Sponsor a N00B" contest? xd  

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:07 pm
Yes!!!! Who can design the most godmodenest character ever!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:28 pm
Well, I AM doing another clan contest, I think. I'd like to see that. And maybe we should scrap the Iron Fist tournament? More ideas, please!  

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:56 pm
Maybe a summons contest?

Put together a collection of summons, with the basic hierarchy that the summons have shown. Seperate individuals with unique traits and specific specialties along with one grand summon.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:18 pm
The most interesting being given access to by the winner, the second and third place winners have their scrolls put out into the world for them to find?  

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:26 pm
Yeah, those would be some good rules. It would be fun to see what some people come up with.

Then we could have like a Taijutsu style contest and have their styles added to the list and the winner gains the right to bring his into the world. Since he would most likely be a genin he would be able to develop it along the way for the world and that could bring some awesome roleplaying.

I didn't suggest this because I already have a summoning style I want approved, lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:57 am
All of these are great ideas but I don't think they will be very effective in bringing in active users. I think we should branch out toward the guild's members and individually speak with each about their activity and discuss their problems if they can not be active. That way we can clean up the guild and eliminate users who are only taking up positions and not role-playing. A spring cleaning if you will.  

Mordred Killian

Dangerous Phantom

8,625 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Marathon 300

Mana_ecl Zetsuya

Bashful Seeker

9,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:04 pm
Tonight is the night we become great!
The Stars will show us the way!

Edegaru makes a valid point.

The contests would bring attention to the guild, but the problem would be in the aspect of keeping people going. We gotta find a way to get the arcs to include a little more action. Action is what keeps Naruto folk coming back. Not politics. War. Be it some little case of espionage, or something entirely different.

Tonight is the night we become Great!

The Stars are what gave us away!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:08 pm
A war would get people active Yaro thinks lol  

Yaroki

Omnipresent Genius

12,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:46 pm
So far, I know that Mist and Leaf have a treaty. I know that leaf is talking to sound, too. Now, with Akatsuki coming back up, we might be able to get mist and leaf to start attacking, either each other or others. Hm....We don't want EVERYTHING planned here, as the members need to make decisions their own way.

Now, you are right, Edegaru. PMing everyone might be a pain in the a**, especially if we are tlaking one and one with them. Perhaps a thread for them to talk in? What would you suggest?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:38 pm
I think that if we don't get personal with them they will just ignore any of the guild announcements that you might throw their way. Perhaps, if we give them an ultimatum "Be active or be banned". That could help us filter those who care about being banned and those who don't care and don't belong because of that reason.

When is the last time you posted Mana?  

Mordred Killian

Dangerous Phantom

8,625 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Marathon 300

Arsinian

Versatile Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:45 pm
You just have to sound so sophisticated, huh Edegaru.

→ The Younger Plane // The Gates of Discord

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff