Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Unsaved loved ones

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark Scythe 110

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:04 pm
I have some unsaved loved ones that I couldn't imagine how painful it would be if I knew the were burning in hell. When we get to heaven and they didn't get saved. What happens to them. Does god make a clone or do you still lose them.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:50 pm
I'm sorry bro, but I've found nothing that says there will be a clone or duplicate of any kind.
It hurts, yes. I've seen my mother and a lot of my family not just slip away, but jump away. It isn't pretty, it isn't fun. But the Lord is enough. In Heaven, the Lord will be enough. Whatever happens is in His hands, and nothing will happen that He cannot take care of. Do your best for your loved ones in this life. Pray for them always. Leave the rest to God.  

rosadria

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:47 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

I have family who are not saved and the best thing you can do is pray for them and give it up to God. One of my brothers is unsaved and he does not believe in a heaven or a hell. We were both raised to believe in Jesus but somewhere along the road he turned away. I pray for him and I want so dearly for his salvation but he is the type of person who you really can't press anything on or he'll turn against it and you.

Something that helps me that I've seen happen is that if you're living for the Lord and in his will then people will see that, sometimes it's about attraction rather than promotion. My sister saw the changes in my life as I began growing in my faith and she too came to God and was Baptized last year.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:49 pm
This topic is pretty hard since there are people in this world that I find to be pretty great people and yet they are unsaved. It breaks me down inside knowing that they aren't going to Heaven if they aren't saved. Sometimes I wish I could help them repent and become saved, but it doesn't always seem to work that way and I don't like shoving my beliefs in people's faces. Hell is a place that no one should want to be. Once they die, they're gone, and it's too late. So hard to deal with that.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:55 am
Keep praying for them. There is still time for them to return to the Lord or even come to the Lord for the first time.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:20 pm
I'm in the same situation and it hurts me constantly knowing that they aren't saved.
I also know that they are so stubborn and set in their ways, it would be impossible for me to lead them to Jesus.
I've been praying for them for a long time. Only God can lead them to Christ.  

WoodSorrelWitch

Flawless_Behavior

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:25 pm
i really dont want to go to hell i go to churc but my family dont i am going to prey for them father son holy ghost  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:37 pm
I have friends who are not saved, but there is little else I can do except to pray for them. Free will, you know? I certainly never thought I would return to Christ after I left him, but here I am. I'm still trying to forsake my fleshly life.  

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500

ToxicPlay

7,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:23 pm
I can not believe that simply because someone does not believe in something they go to hell for all eternity regardless of how they were in life. Does trying to be the best person you can be count for nothing? If I'm a terrible person for 70 years of my life, and before I die I beg for forgiveness and accept God, does that mean I get into heaven? This may be a very poor analogy but, its like saying that you believe eating meat is wrong so therefore you are never allowed to eat again and you starve to death (I warned you that it was a poor analogy). Why would God send good people to hell? Because the Bible tells us so? I find that very bleak. What about the millions of other people around the world that have different religions? Do they get sent to hell?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:23 pm
ToxicPlay
I can not believe that simply because someone does not believe in something they go to hell for all eternity regardless of how they were in life. Does trying to be the best person you can be count for nothing? If I'm a terrible person for 70 years of my life, and before I die I beg for forgiveness and accept God, does that mean I get into heaven? This may be a very poor analogy but, its like saying that you believe eating meat is wrong so therefore you are never allowed to eat again and you starve to death (I warned you that it was a poor analogy). Why would God send good people to hell? Because the Bible tells us so? I find that very bleak. What about the millions of other people around the world that have different religions? Do they get sent to hell?

The Bible doesn't state that good people go to hell. I honestly don't know who will go to hell, but I don't care, because it's not my place to sit here and say "so and so is going to hell because they are 'saved'." We can't condemn any one to hell any more than we can grant them passage into heaven.

I also don't believe that people who never knew Christ or are in a different religion than that of Christianity will be damned for that fact. God is merciful and just.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

ToxicPlay

7,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:55 pm
It seemed as though the people above were saying that, no matter what if you aren't "saved", you are condemned. Perhaps I misinterpreted them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:03 pm
ToxicPlay
It seemed as though the people above were saying that, no matter what if you aren't "saved", you are condemned. Perhaps I misinterpreted them.

Some Christians believe that.

I, however don't share that belief with mainline Christianity. It makes God seem like an unjust God, condemning some one just because they weren't "saved" or part of a different religion, regardless of whether or not the person was a good person.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Voxbury

Dapper Citizen

6,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:54 pm
Shadows-shine
ToxicPlay

Some Christians believe that.

I, however don't share that belief with mainline Christianity. It makes God seem like an unjust God, condemning some one just because they weren't "saved" or part of a different religion, regardless of whether or not the person was a good person.

I'm sorry? We get to choose which parts of the Bible we'd like to believe and just go with that? Either the Bible is infallible, and you believe it all, or you don't. If you don't believe something that the Bible says, why bother calling yourself a Christian?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:31 pm
Dark Scythe 110
I have some unsaved loved ones that I couldn't imagine how painful it would be if I knew the were burning in hell. When we get to heaven and they didn't get saved. What happens to them. Does god make a clone or do you still lose them.

people have choices and I hope that your loved ones would choose the right one even if it's almost time to go.. as for your question.. all I know is that they are going to suffer in hell like everyone else. we are gonna be new people when we get to heaven. we'll forget everything that had happen here so i guess it wont hurt anymore.. and as far as i know.. If you are saved then so is your family, i just dont know how it works.. but maybe time will come.  

LuxFos

9,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

WhitersNote

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:52 pm
Prayer and faith is all the action we can take. It's in gods hands to change things, because only god can change people.

And as hard as it is to imagine, because we all like to believe that god fits a certain image, but good people who are not saved can go to hell. The bible says that God is a jealous God. God gets frustrated, he gets angry, he gets jealous, sad, all of that. And it doesn't matter what kind of life we live, the bible says that those that do not know god will not enter into his kingdom. If you don't know god, than that's just it, no matter what good things we do. We like to believe that good people are sent to heaven, but we don't know their hearts. They may very well not know god, or even reject him in their hearts, and so even if they only do good, they very well may go to hell, that's just how it is. Only god can judge and condemn, so we have to be careful on who we say goes to hell or not, because it's not our place to say. Not to say all people that are good but not saved will go to hell, that's not our call. But the bible says that those who are not baptized in the name of the father, son, and the holy ghost and those who do not speak in tongues as the spirit gives utterance will not see his kingdom. Idk, we cannot give a full answer on that, we can only read his word and go by what that says. So yes, being a good person may count for nothing. But it also says in the bible (and I seem to be repeating things in the bible a lot. Forgive me if they are not exactly quoted correctly.) That if someone lives their life in sin but repents in their death and acknowledges god, that they can enter into heaven. (at least, it's something along those lines.) But don't get it confused, we can't live our lives however we want and think that as long as we admit that god is real when I die, we'll go to heaven. No, if we know god is real, and we still live how we want, we cannot be granted eternal life. A lot of people make that mistake, but that's not right. But that also goes back to god knowing our hearts. If we live our lives in sin, or live a good life with out knowing god, we may still get into heaven if he sees that we have a clean heart.  
Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games