Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
do u obey? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xx to save a life xX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:49 pm
Do u obey the bible in evrything it says??
Many people say that they do when they really dont. U have to remember and realize when u know ur doin something ur not supposed to do.
In James 1:23-25 says "Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in the mirror and, after looking at himself,goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. Buta man who looks intently into the perfect law of that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what is heard, but doing it- he will be blessed in what he does."
Do u forget what u look like?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:05 pm
No, I don't obey everything in the bible.  

ElisaBella Angel

5,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Voter 100

rosadria

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:24 pm
I try. The parts that aren't binding, I don't try to. I try to understand them, but I don't stone homosexuals or wear garments made only of one fabric.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:50 pm
I'm not sure it'd be right if someone said that they do do everything the Bible tells them. Because we're all sinners and everyone's sinned. But I can say that I try. I'm still learning and whenever I find something I realize is something I should follow, I do my best to follow it. For me, it's not that hard to change my life for G-d.
But I know there are a lot of people who obey some things but not others. And it's something they should change. You either follow G-d with everything or you don't. There shouldn't be any in between. You either do or don't. Of course, like I said, we're all sinners and G-d knows that. That's why He died for us. So it shouldn't be too much to ask of all of us to do what we can for Him. =)
So, in answer to the question, I do my best to obey everything G-d and the Bible tells us to. 3nodding

silver_rain18

MadamedeLaValliere

Dedicated Seeker

18,250 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:18 pm
We all fall short of the glory of God everyday...I know that I do. Only by the grace of God can we hope to follow Him and follow His will for our lives.
Spending time with Him, renewing my mind, asking for guidance and help everyday, and His Word that strengthens me.
None of us are perfect...we are human after all. For me, I need His help everyday. I can do nothing without His help and guidance.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:50 pm
I try my best but I know that I am not perfect. We are humans, we have flaws. It is the fact that we try to strive to heed God's word even if we make mistakes, God will forgive us.  

Fates Oblivion

Seasonal Leaf

12,175 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Falling For You 25

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:12 pm
Thimbalina
We all fall short of the glory of God everyday...I know that I do. Only by the grace of God can we hope to follow Him and follow His will for our lives.
Spending time with Him, renewing my mind, asking for guidance and help everyday, and His Word that strengthens me.
None of us are perfect...we are human after all. For me, I need His help everyday. I can do nothing without His help and guidance.
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

this... absolutely I agree, you took the words right out of my mind!

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:23 pm
Well we are under the New Law so I dont have to aboey everything is the Old Testament. However 9 out of the 10 Comandments are repeated n the New Testament. We do not have to remember the Sabbath Day. unless you count going to church on sunday remembering the Sabbath but... whatever. I try to obey the New Testament law as much as I can. I fall short just like anyone, but I try my best... well that's a lie... I try. I wish I tried my best... But thats just one more place where I fall short...  

Seraphim6496

colon bracket

Eloquent Fatcat

7,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:52 pm
Of course not.

Nobody is perfect.
I'm sure that all of us are breaking some sort of rule at least once a day.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:47 am
The scripture is actually talking about us striving to be Christ like. It all about the striving instead of being perfect since the only person that is perfect is Jesus. That's why we have forgiveness and grace.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:08 pm
I try and I probably fail a lot of the time. We're human and can't do it without God.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:40 pm
I believe it is impossible for anyone to be perfect.
I lie and I try not too. It's just easy to pass on a yes when the answer is really a no sweatdrop  

Royal Crayon

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:41 pm
Royal Crayon
I lie and I try not too. It's just easy to pass on a yes when the answer is really a no sweatdrop

Yup, humans are imperfection at its' finest.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:35 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

If we obeyed everything in the bible then we would be perfect, but we're not. Yes, I try to obey all of his word to the best of my ability. I also ask the Lord every night to help me obey his word and to recognize my sin when I fall short.

Because grey will not do.

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:36 pm
Aquatic_blue
Royal Crayon

Yup, humans are imperfection at its' finest.

You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

Lol, I like that. Can I quote you? >_<

Because grey will not do.

Christian friends

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out