Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
What makes a Christian? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:19 am
I asked my kids in children's church that question. The answers they gave were surpirising since they were what most people think are right. This got me thinking and now I want to ask what do you guys think make a Christian?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:38 pm
I believe that a Christian is someone who follows God's word (or tries to, because we are all sinners). It really goes a lot deeper than that, but... i am at a los of words as to how to accuratley describe it. A Christian is someone who believes in the Holy Trinity, and acknoledges that they are a sinner. Please correct me if i am wrong.
~Crimson  

CrimsonsDecayingRose

Xx-Yuuki_Kaname-xX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:04 pm
well honestly i don't like referring myself as a Christian for the reason that everyone takes that as a religion. Now Christianity is not a religion! Religon is people trying to work their way to God through good works or through some other belief.

I personally believe that Christianity means to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ/God/Holy Spirit. If you have that relationship and u believe that Jesus died on the cross for our sins so that we can get to God then u r a Christian in my book! =]  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:38 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

In my opinion a Christian is a person who believes Jesus died on the cross for their sins, accepts that they are sinner and has asked Jesus into their hearts. They try their best to follow his word and will for our lives and have a personal relationship with him. A Christian is a person who has faith in the bible and everything that it says rather than taking some parts of it as true and some parts as false. A Christian is a person who brings God glory and does his or her best to help bring more people into his kingdom.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:14 am
I had one kid that said "It's someone that goes to church"
So I asked him "Don't people that aren't Christians go to church too?"

Then I had another kid that said "It's someone that believes Jesus is God's son"
So I told her "It says the demons recoginzed Jesus as God's son."

It's interesting to see what you guys think!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:53 pm
I believe a Christian is someone who believes in God. Someone who tries to do their best to follow in his way.  

Royal Crayon

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:34 pm
faithful quenga

In my opinion a Christian is a person who believes Jesus died on the cross for their sins, accepts that they are sinner and has asked Jesus into their hearts. They try their best to follow his word and will for our lives and have a personal relationship with him. A Christian is a person who has faith in the bible and everything that it says rather than taking some parts of it as true and some parts as false. A Christian is a person who brings God glory and does his or her best to help bring more people into his kingdom.

My sentiments exactly.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:31 am
To be Christian is to know that God's words are true and belive that Jesus died for us and is our Lord and Savior. We also belive in the trinity of the son the father and the holy spirit.  

Fates Oblivion

Seasonal Leaf

12,175 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Falling For You 25

The_Cursed_Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:04 pm
To be christian you must, not only believe in his word and not break any sin, but you must also do what you can to help others along through the world to the best of your ability.

It goes much farther than that but I'm tired right now *Yawn*  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:18 pm
Curse-of-the-Phoenix
To be christian you must, not only believe in his word and not break any sin, but you must also do what you can to help others along through the world to the best of your ability.

If being a christian means I can't break any sins then that sure sucks for everyone in this world because all of us fall short of perfection. I'm sure that's not what you meant, or at least I'm hoping that you meant it a different way sweatdrop

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

7775886748673572a

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:10 am
I Do not believe you can truly pin point what A True Christian is, for We all are sinners. Yet I was raised that The Lord shall forgive those of their sins. I Know I have not lead the most holy life, But through all of the mess, I Stayed True to God. I Have not been babtised, Yet I Know that Deep down I am Saved.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:43 pm
XxKuchiki-RukiaxX12
I Do not believe you can truly pin point what A True Christian is, for We all are sinners. Yet I was raised that The Lord shall forgive those of their sins. I Know I have not lead the most holy life, But through all of the mess, I Stayed True to God. I Have not been babtised, Yet I Know that Deep down I am Saved.

If you can't pin point it then how do you know if you are one?  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

The_Cursed_Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:46 pm
faithful quenga
Curse-of-the-Phoenix

If being a christian means I can't break any sins then that sure sucks for everyone in this world because all of us fall short of perfection. I'm sure that's not what you meant, or at least I'm hoping that you meant it a different way sweatdrop

No, No not like that at all, I said I was tired and I am now but thanks for pointing that out, i meant if you break a sin, before you can be absolved of it you must be truly sorry, I mean there's no use lying to a omnipotent being he knows if your sorry or not.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:29 pm
Lol, I kinda understand what phoenix is trying to say XD

Anyway I don't know who wrote this but this pretty much covers much of it:

" When I say... "I am a Christian"

I'm not shouting "I'm clean livin'."

I'm whispering "I was lost, "

Now I'm found and forgiven.

When I say..."I am a Christian"

I don't speak of this with pride.

I'm confessing that I stumble

and need CHRIST to be my guide.

When I say... "I am a Christian"

I'm not trying to be strong.

I'm professing that I was weak

and need HIS strength to carry on.

When I say.. "I am a Christian"

I'm not bragging of success.

I'm admitting I have failed

and need God to clean my mess.

I'm not claiming to be perfect,

My flaws are far too visible

but, God believes I'm worth it.

I just found this and thout it'de be nice to post it

When I say.. "I am a Christian"

I still feel the sting of pain;

I have my share of heartaches

So I call upon His name.

I'm not holier than thou,

I'm just a simple sinner

who received God's good grace, somehow."

So what are you're thought about the above?

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100

Warrior of the Sol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:00 am
Quote:
36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?"
37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
38This is the first and greatest commandment.
39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." Matthew 22:36-40 (New International Version)

I suppose a Christian is some one who loves God with all their heart and loves their neighbors.  
Christian friends

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff