Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
Wiccans

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Royal Crayon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:58 pm
It's funny how your friends can change throughout the years. I met my friends in the 3rd grade. Rachel, Allyson, and Caitlyn. (There were 2 others but that isn't the point) They were really sweet and nice. We all believed in God. We played pretend games like we were Power Puff Girls and Dragon Ball Z. lol. Up in Middle school...Close to 8th grade they started changing their style. More dark clothes...skirts....etc. 9-10th grades they really started hitting the Hot topic store cause they looked like...sluts? Corsets...short skirts. xP Allyson and Rachel didn't believe in God anymore emo Caitlyn said that was stupid of them...but she changed too. I didn't really like the style...I thought it was the stupid emo crap which was annoying...I tried to ignored it and tried to hang out with them. From 11th grade and now to this year, 12th. They became Wiccans, even Caitlyn emo . They wear rings with stars on it and they do ceremonies. I completely lost a good relationship with them. Sometimes I hear rachel saying s**t about Christianity and it really pisses me off. I am not sure what to say to them. If I wanted to help them in a way, they may yell at me for trying to "Change" them. I don't know if I can do anything for them at this point but I hope God opens their eyes. Prays for them would be helpful.
I just try to avoid them now. I say "hi" once in a while but we aren't those little kids who use to play tag and have fun. sad
I think it would be best if I avoid them now. What's your advice? Prays for them would be loved! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:24 pm
Anyone know some wiccans or something?  

Royal Crayon

Bioluminescent Sharpies

5,650 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:31 pm
Life is like a Rainbow,

I know alot of emo's but I've never met a wiccan. Don't they, like, practice *gulps* Witch craft?

There's a pot of gold at the end.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:54 pm
I know that if they are American and under 18 and claim to be Wiccan, they are lying out of their teeth.
It's an oathbound, fertility cult that worships two deities known to the uninitiated as the Lord and Lady. It's also orthopraxic. I've heard that the initiation ritual involves sexual acts, which makes sense, but I am not 100% on that because of the oathbound nature of their religion. Yes, some do practice witchcraft. There's also some issues with bloodlines in that religion. They have covens, which are their counterparts to our churches. Priests, priestesses, etc. make up their hierarchy.
You have to be in the age of majority in the country of initiation. You have to be able to sign legal documents. They really hit that oath hard. If anyone tells you anything really detailed about it, like the names of their deities or such, assume they are lying. Especially if they aren't an adult.  

rosadria

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:06 pm
I understand what you are going through. It happened to one of my close friends. She started doing all that stuff and getting drunk at school. Adventually I had to cut ties with her. It was either that or my walk with God was going to go downhill. From that I had friends that would refuse to hang out with me. I didn't really have any close friends for about 2 years. Yet I wouldn't have it any other way because God comes first.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:19 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

I've never met a wiccan personally, but my Aunt has. She is an excellent teacher, and excellent teachers get many excellent gifts. Last year a wiccan student of hers gave her something to do with witchcraft. (I can't remember what it was exactly. Think it might have been something like a weird candle. She threw it out secretly.) Either way, I understand that it must be hard. To see your three good friends turn away to something so horrible. I will pray for your friends and you. Just stay strong, and continue to lead a Christ-filled/driven life. Maybe they'll see Jesus in you, be inspired by you, and turn away from all that they are doing. Also, it is probably better that you avoid them. Quoting Gothic = "Eventually I had to cut ties with her. It was either that or my walk with God was going to go downhill....Yet I wouldn't have it any other way because God comes first." Just stay strong, pray to the Lord continually, read his word, and just follow him knowing that maybe someone will see the Lord in you.

Because grey will not do.

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Royal Crayon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:23 pm
Awesome: Yeah. I think they do ceremonies with candles and stuff.

VX Fox: Well I guess the presume they are doing right. They wear rings with stars and stuff and get candles for ceremonies. but...gees...they are screwed up.

Br1ttana: Thank you! I hope you find good friends too. I asked God to help you. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:38 pm
I'm praying for you. It's hard when former friends get to the point where you can't even have a real discussion with them anymore...

But, if you're feeling courageous, try telling them how you really feel, and tell them the story you told us... about how you used to be such close friends, had good times together, and you all had God to unite you. Tell them how much you regret having grown apart.

You can't help anyone if they don't want to be helped, so it requires a certain... not tolerance, but... sympathy for them and their experiences. Let them know that when they DO need help, you still want to be there for them.

You might not be able to get things back to how they are, but they will remember your unconditional love, and that's the kind of love that is of God.
3nodding  

Saint Crazy The Follower

CrimsonsDecayingRose

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:14 pm
i've never heard of that cult before and just by reading this, i am thouroughly disgusted. i mean i cannot understand how someone would sever their relationship with God for some cult.

However, i just wanted to say that just because someone is 'goth' or 'emo' does not mean they cannot be a Christian. i could be categorized as either goth or emo and i am a very strong Christian. Just wanted to put that out there. "Judge not lest ye be judged yourself."
~Crimson  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:42 pm
CrimsonsDecayingRose
i've never heard of that cult before and just by reading this, i am thouroughly disgusted. i mean i cannot understand how someone would sever their relationship with God for some cult.

However, i just wanted to say that just because someone is 'goth' or 'emo' does not mean they cannot be a Christian. i could be categorized as either goth or emo and i am a very strong Christian. Just wanted to put that out there. "Judge not lest ye be judged yourself."
~Crimson

Crimson: I never said emos can't be christians. I just don't like the style, its too over done. The people in that group think they are "different" but their just like the other emos.

Saint: That's really good advice, but I'm usually the quiet one and I would be scared to tell them this sweatdrop  

Royal Crayon

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:39 pm

I just remembered last night this 'fun' little fact. A while ago, my dad got this Wiccan documentary thing, and they interviewed a man whose wife was driving when in the middle of no where some people came up to the car. The wife stopped the car, unlocked the door and allowed the people to drag her out. They dragged the confused husband out of the car (or he got out voluntarily because his wife was being taken, can't exactly remeber which), brought him and his wife to an altar with many other wiccans around it. They tied down the wife to the table (she did not resist at all), and after a lot of weird stuff, they gave the husband a knife and forced the knife that was in the husband's hand, into the wife's heart. He found out later, that when she was younger she had become Wiccan, and made some pact with them that when she was of a certain age, she would be sacrificed. So in short, they sacrifice or kill people. I suggest asking your friends, "Would you ever want to kill a person who did not do anything wrong?" or something like that. I would hope that they would say something along the lines of "I would never want to murder anyone! What kind of question is that?", then tell then what being a Wiccan really is about. You never hear about this stuff because the Media just doesn't want it out there and the cult does do a rather good job of keeping it quiet. But I'm sure there is some book, or something on the internet that talks about all the really bad stuff including sacrificing individuals. Just try somehow to educate them on how bad this really is, before they get brainwashed into it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:40 pm
Br1ttana

I just remembered last night this 'fun' little fact. A while ago, my dad got this Wiccan documentary thing, and they interviewed a man whose wife was driving when in the middle of no where some people came up to the car. The wife stopped the car, unlocked the door and allowed the people to drag her out. They dragged the confused husband out of the car (or he got out voluntarily because his wife was being taken, can't exactly remeber which), brought him and his wife to an altar with many other wiccans around it. They tied down the wife to the table (she did not resist at all), and after a lot of weird stuff, they gave the husband a knife and forced the knife that was in the husband's hand, into the wife's heart. He found out later, that when she was younger she had become Wiccan, and made some pact with them that when she was of a certain age, she would be sacrificed. So in short, they sacrifice or kill people. I suggest asking your friends, "Would you ever want to kill a person who did not do anything wrong?" or something like that. I would hope that they would say something along the lines of "I would never want to murder anyone! What kind of question is that?", then tell then what being a Wiccan really is about. You never hear about this stuff because the Media just doesn't want it out there and the cult does do a rather good job of keeping it quiet. But I'm sure there is some book, or something on the internet that talks about all the really bad stuff including sacrificing individuals. Just try somehow to educate them on how bad this really is, before they get brainwashed into it.

Wow, thanks. That story angers me in how stupid people are...especially my "friends". If I told them this, they would say something like "Wicca isn't like that. We are nature and stuff and do small rituals" Apparently they no nothing of their own "religion". Thanks again.  

Royal Crayon

finalfantasyfreak1O1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:22 pm
I'm sorry that you have to go through this.
My cousin used to be a very good Christian she had a good relationship with God and I loved it when we went to church. We would both be in the car singing one of the songs we sang in church that day on our way home.
But as she got older she strayed away from God and became the wiccan she is today.
Since I’m only 13 and she is like 25 her husband doesn’t want her listening to the things I have to say.
So I know what your going through, I think you should pray for them and if you ever feel up to it talk to them.
I will also pray for them in my daily prayers.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:18 pm
Royal Crayon
Br1ttana

Wow, thanks. That story angers me in how stupid people are...especially my "friends". If I told them this, they would say something like "Wicca isn't like that. We are nature and stuff and do small rituals" Apparently they no nothing of their own "religion". Thanks again.

Like I said before, I'm sure you could find something at the library, or on the internet about it. I wish I could remember the name of that documentary, but even if I could, I'd doubt anyone would ever find it. :/ Hopefully they might just grow out of it. They are young and naive. Once they get older, they will mature and gain more sense. Or sadly they could slowly, and unknowingly be brought into the full scale thing. I have been praying for you and your friends and will continue to do so. As I said before, hopefully they'll grow out of it.

P.s. That stuff really ticks me off also. I just don't understand how people can be that stupid. : (

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
Advice ~ because we care

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash