Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
friend/ boy troubles

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

evvethegreat

5,500 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:59 pm
i have a friend who likes this guy but shes a christian and kinda like a light person, but the guy she likes is a really dark guy, and she realy likes him, if they started dating does any one think it would work?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:00 pm
I think it would. They just gotta...I dunno, try to avoid the subject of religion.  

Xx--XNekoSenpaiX--xX

evvethegreat

5,500 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:12 pm
oOoO Kreacher OoOo
I think it would. They just gotta...I dunno, try to avoid the subject of religion.

another problem is the guy she likes is into drugs, she says her friend told her he does drugs everyday. and she doesn't know if it would work if they dated, if they tryed.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:16 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

Does she talk to him often? Does she know his views on God? Does he express an interest in her at all? You can't take other people's words about someone and automatically assume they are right. And by drugs does she mean he is a pot head, pill head, meth head, crack head, or coke head?

Maybe she should become friends with this person and see where it goes from there if she isn't already friends with him.

It really isn't often that a relationship between a Godly person and a godless person works out. Both have to be will to make it work but that doesn't mean they should compromise their morals. If going out with this guy means that she has to set aside her christian beliefs in anyway then it won't work and it should be tested.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

evvethegreat

5,500 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:25 pm
faithful quenga

Does she talk to him often? Does she know his views on God? Does he express an interest in her at all? You can't take other people's words about someone and automatically assume they are right. And by drugs does she mean he is a pot head, pill head, meth head, crack head, or coke head?

Maybe she should become friends with this person and see where it goes from there if she isn't already friends with him.

It really isn't often that a relationship between a Godly person and a godless person works out. Both have to be will to make it work but that doesn't mean they should compromise their morals. If going out with this guy means that she has to set aside her christian beliefs in anyway then it won't work and it should be tested.

she didn't say what her friend said, just that she said he was a druggie, and she isn't friends with him, like i said hes really kept to himself and quiet, this song describes him quie well: i can't decide by Scissor Sisters  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:41 pm
evvethegreat
faithful quenga

she didn't say what her friend said, just that she said he was a druggie, and she isn't friends with him, like i said hes really kept to himself and quiet, this song describes him quie well: i can't decide by Scissor Sisters

Well then maybe your friend should try getting to know this guy before you tries having a relationship with him. May be he needs a friend, someone to talk to. how does that song describe him so well? Are you friends with him? If you don't know him on a personal level it only describes what you see in him.

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Seraphim6496

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:09 pm
evvethegreat
oOoO Kreacher OoOo

another problem is the guy she likes is into drugs, she says her friend told her he does drugs everyday. and she doesn't know if it would work if they dated, if they tryed.

Read the book The Heroin Diaries. By Nikki Sixx. It'll scare any inclination to do drugs right out of you.
It could work. I tend to be fairly dark sometimes, and I try to be a good Christian... key word is try... But if he does drugs... I can't tell you to be ok with it. More likely he would end up bringing her down rather than her bringing him up.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:08 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

If he isn't a Christian and is doing drugs, then no.

Because grey will not do.

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Fates Oblivion

Seasonal Leaf

12,175 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Falling For You 25
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:48 pm
Hmmm, that is tough because if your friend is stong in her faith, then it might do the guy some good to know her but if she is easily manipulated, it could be dangerous for her to know him.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:49 pm
The Real Mikuo Hatsune
Hmmm, that is tough because if your friend is stong in her faith, then it might do the guy some good to know her but if she is easily manipulated, it could be dangerous for her to know him.

Even people who are strong in their faith can be taken down by others.

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Nerd_of_Many_Faces

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:22 pm
Well, your friend shouldn't change how she is just to go out with some guy. If she can get along with him and they are compatible and he won't influence her, then she should give it a try, you never know what God has up his sleeve.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:47 pm
Br1ttana
The Real Mikuo Hatsune

Even people who are strong in their faith can be taken down by others.

she is very strong in her faith, nothing can break her of it, and if anything or anyone tried she would end up avoiding the thing or person altogether.  

evvethegreat

5,500 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

evvethegreat

5,500 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:48 pm
Si_Copathic
evvethegreat
oOoO Kreacher OoOo

Read the book The Heroin Diaries. By Nikki Sixx. It'll scare any inclination to do drugs right out of you.
It could work. I tend to be fairly dark sometimes, and I try to be a good Christian... key word is try... But if he does drugs... I can't tell you to be ok with it. More likely he would end up bringing her down rather than her bringing him up.

she had so intention of doing drugs.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:45 pm

Like I said before, if he isn't a Christian, then no. The bible says we are not to be unequally yolked.

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

evvethegreat

5,500 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:46 am
Br1ttana

Like I said before, if he isn't a Christian, then no. The bible says we are not to be unequally yolked.

whats uneaqually yolked mean?  
Advice ~ because we care

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces