Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Is it wrong?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fates Oblivion

Seasonal Leaf

12,175 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Falling For You 25
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:06 pm
Hey guys, As it is, I enjoy action scense in movies and animes. Fighting is just cool to me, I'm not sure why. I don't like it in real life because that means someone really gets hurt but is it wrong to like it in shows? Am I just supporting fighting in real by liking it?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:24 pm
Well i don't think of it that way but you know there is a difference between play fighting and real fighting, play fighting no one gets hurt that bad, real fighting you are going to hurt someone, i take out a stick sometimes and spar with my brother but its nothing compared to the real thing, now i do believe fighting is a good thing to learn because lets face it, fighting is part of this world and we have to be ready.

Edit: Shoot i trailed off again.  

The_Cursed_Phoenix

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:35 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

Who isn't entranced by the act of tv/game/movie fighting? The way I see it, it's fiction. That's all it is, just made up stuff. Now if you were to take what you see on the tv and replicate it with someone in real life, or even in your dreams, or maybe in your mind to someone your not exactly in the best realationship with then that would be bad. That is the reason why all these parent groups try so hard to get the fighting games out of kids' hands, because kids' like to replicate what they see on tv/games/movie, and then someone gets seriously hurt or killed. But if your just watching fighting. I really don't see why there would be any fault in it.

Because grey will not do.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:20 am
I see. Thanks guys ^-^  

Fates Oblivion

Seasonal Leaf

12,175 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Falling For You 25

silver_rain18

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:19 pm
I think this is one of those tricky questions that really depends for an answer.
We're all humans and a lot of us (if not all) have the desire to fight. It's natural. Of course, it's something that can get way out of hand and something you need to watch yourself with.
I don't think it's a problem if you're just watching it and find it entertaining. I like watching that sorta stuff too. But I keep it at a small level, i guess you can say? Let's just say I have a strong mind and I never let myself get out of hand in real life and i always keep myself calm. But someone who watches and interacts with those things can easily let it fall into how they act in real life.
Like I said, it's one of those questions that really do have lots of perspectives, depending on how you look at it. I normally try to ponder all angles as much as I can.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:39 pm
Fighting when it comes to a story plot is just a physical representation of the confilct plus fake blood and guts. Also there aren't any sins being commited.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Lady Tabula Rasa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:01 pm
First off, the Bible is rife with violence; it's all over the place in the Old Testament, and, if I remember correctly, it's in the New Testament as well. (I can't remember who exactly, but one of Jesus' disciples cut the ear off one of the Roman guards who came to bring Jesus in for what eventually became his death.)

Violence is part of being human. I know Jesus says to turn the other cheek, but he also says in Luke 22:36; ""But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!"

I interpret this to mean turn the other cheek means not to take vengeance. But, as Jesus says in Luke 22:36, you have the right to defend yourself.

As for violence in games, I think so long as you know it's not real and you're not supposed to repeat what you see if the violence is realistic, it's okay. But, I've been playing video games for the greater part of 20 years, so I've had a LOT of time to think about this.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:37 am
I think when you have reason to fight its right, but if you do that just because of fun in real life its wrong. In Bible there was wars also and God was their side because they believed him. I think that if you got no reason for fight don´t fight and live in peace with all like Jesus did. But beware fighting games; when you see that (fighting) happening in games and you think "okay no one gets hurt, this is just fun" because devil wants make us to get used to hurt each other. We must remember that hurting of others even just watching it can be bad for us because evil wanna make us like it.. and hurt other people.
~Shado-, that rabbit who just can´t be quiet when no one even has no idea what she is talking about. ( I m from Finland so my English can be hard to understand. I hope that you have clue what I mean.)^^'  

Varjokani

Beloved Rabbit

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:32 pm
I think it depends on you, the person.

If it causes you to question and stumble in your walk with the Lord and leads you to sin and away from Jesus, you may not want to watch it.

For instance, I can read and watch Harry Potter (example) all I want and be just fine with it. I don't try to get into witchcraft because of it.

I'm a fierce practitioner of martial arts. But I keep it on the mat and in the studio. Unless if I need it to defend myself off of the mat and on the streets.

I think I rambled a bit but I hope that made sense :3  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:52 pm
I don't think one advocates violence only because one enjoys action scenes. Movies and tv series are just a way of relaxing, to get away from the real world for a bit.

Some of these posts have reminded me of why I don't like to fight. There is a fear I have if I engage someone, but my fear is for the other fighter. I try to avoid fighting because I am afraid I might seriously hurt the other person or lose my self-control.

Some may find it cowardice, but the concern is not about me. In fact, most of the time, I feel like I care for others than I do myself. I'm currently reading the King James version. I'd like to finish the Bible since I have yet to finish it entirely.  

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items