Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
I this true?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

finalfantasyfreak1O1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:54 am
Last night I went to the Good Friday service since I'm in the church chorus and during my pastor’s sermon he said that when we go to heaven we will strip naked in front of the Lord and not be ashamed.
Is this true because if it is I don't think I would be able to do that.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:57 am
The scriptures I can think of off the top of my head all point to us being clothed in Heaven. Ya know, white robes, crowns, etc. Though, He already knows what we look like without the clothes. He designed us, after all.  

rosadria

Saint Crazy The Follower

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:35 am
You were born without clothes, weren't ya? God knows exactly what you look like, there really won't be any need to be embarrassed about it.

Besides, when we begin our eternal life with our Lord, I think clothes will be the least of our interests. If He wants us to be clothed, then He will take care of it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:07 am
Adam and Eve walked naked with God and they weren't ashamed until they ate from the Tree of Knowledge.  

WoodSorrelWitch

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:01 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

...ok, I've never heard that preached before. I can't think of any verses that say we will "strip naked in front of the Lord". I would really like to know where your Pastor got his information for curiousity sake. But if that is true, then what everyone else has said is very much true. When we go to Heaven, we will just be so consumed with the Lord's presence that we won't really think of such frivilous things such as clothes.

Because grey will not do.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:10 pm
Saint Crazy S Requiem
You were born without clothes, weren't ya? God knows exactly what you look like, there really won't be any need to be embarrassed about it.

Besides, when we begin our eternal life with our Lord, I think clothes will be the least of our interests. If He wants us to be clothed, then He will take care of it.

C a t a t o n i a c

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:52 pm
VK Fox
The scriptures I can think of off the top of my head all point to us being clothed in Heaven. Ya know, white robes, crowns, etc. Though, He already knows what we look like without the clothes. He designed us, after all.

That's in Revelation and it can be symbolic for all we know. I've read the whole Bible and I don't remember a verse saying we are going to strip before God.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:04 pm
gothic_black_rose
VK Fox

That's in Revelation and it can be symbolic for all we know. I've read the whole Bible and I don't remember a verse saying we are going to strip before God.
I'm sure a lot of it is. I'm not 100% on where I stand on how to interpret Revelation. Personally, I believe that much of it is veiled, and probably for a good reason.
But you're right about the lack of verses about stripping before God.  

rosadria

Saint Crazy The Follower

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:10 pm
...now that I reread your post, I'm thinking what your pastor meant was that if we DID strip naked in front of the Lord, we wouldn't be ashamed, because we would be fully in His presence and everything is plain to Him anyway.

made me think of this.

"Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. "
1 Corinthians 13:11-13

I don't think he literally meant we would walk around Heaven naked. Just that we won't have to worry about clothes.

Shoot, we could all be turned into animals when we get into Heaven if God wanted us to, and I'd be happy with that because all that matters is that I'm with my God. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:50 am
finalfantasyfreak1O1
Last night I went to the Good Friday service since I'm in the church chorus and during my pastor’s sermon he said that when we go to heaven we will strip naked in front of the Lord and not be ashamed.

i think we will be able to,
btw i love your avi, you did a good job on making her look like yuna  

evvethegreat

5,500 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

Colored Lights

Witty Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:17 am
We were born without clothes. God knows what we look like. It won't matter when we're up there.

It might seem silly, but we won't care. Adam and Eve were naked and weren't ashamed until they disobeyed. That's just how we will be once we're in heaven.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:44 am
evvethegreat
finalfantasyfreak1O1

i think we will be able to,
btw i love your avi, you did a good job on making her look like yuna

Thx.^.^

Thx everyone.
I guess it does make sense that we wont really care when we go to heaven.
It was just probably me being a little too self-conscious.  

finalfantasyfreak1O1

The_Cursed_Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:45 am
First of there is something that needs to be said, You're pastor has a sick perverted mind, there i said it. stare

Secondly I doubt it on this world it is a sin to be naked, but there is only man made laws about it, God given law says to follow the law of man unless it contradicts the law of God, this i think would be something i would choose to follow in heaven because i just find it weird...  
Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games