I'm just BURSTING with womanliness Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:04 pm
Dearest ATGers, you may or may not have noticed, but my avatar has bewbs once again. My little pixel person was female when I joined the guild, although I'm not sure anyone remembers that.

Now I get to stock up on all the gloves and shoes and skirts and other items that haven't been unisexed yet. ^w^

As most of you know, I have absolutely zero interest in being a girl in real life, and I'm definitely not very fem-looking, either.

So guys. Open wide, it's spoon-feeding time!

-Have you ever had an avatar (or a mule) that was the opposite of your real sex?
-Do you ever cross-dress your avatar? If so, how come?
-Have you ever cross-dressed in real life?
-Where do you feel you fit on the gender spectrum?
-What do you think about the sex-change goldsink on Gaia? (60k for me to hop the fence next time!)
-What items do you wish you could wear, but can't, since they're only for the opposite sex?
-In real life, what clothing would you love to wear that's traditionally seen as belonging to the opposite sex?
-What are the upsides or downsides to your specific gender/sex?

(Obviously you don't have to answer all those questions, I'm just making suggestions for discussion. sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:20 pm
I used to cross-dress my avatar all the time. I sorta did earlier. The only thing that bugged me in the past was no hand and feet wraps, but they changed that so I'm happy. Other than I don't cross-dress in real life, I'm not going to get into the details of my real self.  

Phaeton

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:21 pm
1- On pretty much every MMOrpg that lets me I play as a female character, and people do believe I am female in them.
2- no
3- no
4- male?
5- None that I can think of O.o.
6- same answer here
7- upside, because of world unfairness I earn more money in jobs
downside, since I am not a female I cannot use my boobs to get free stuff.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:27 pm
You have to HAVE boobs to get free stuff. Pettankos get no love.  

Phaeton

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:29 pm
I had to google "pettanko". x3 I can't believe there's a WORD for that...

I like making avatars with lots of detail, and it's bugged me for quite a while that there ARE shoes or gloves or a skirt that would be perfect for the outfit...I just couldn't equip them. xp

Every new item that's come out in the last couple of years has been unisex, for the most part. Then there's stuff like the Wing-Ding shirt that gives the guys abs, while the girls get huge knockers. :s It'd be nice to have the choice, especially for comical avatars.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:43 pm
Have you ever had an avatar (or a mule) that was the opposite of your real sex?
No.

Do you ever cross-dress your avatar? If so, how come?

No. I like to be a pretty fairy most of the time.

Have you ever cross-dressed in real life?

No.

Where do you feel you fit on the gender spectrum?
My sex is female. When people ask my gender I sometimes say "other." It's not because I am masculine, want to be a man, or anything else. It's just that I don't really get gender. The thing that defines men and women is basically what's in their pants. And my brain doesn't have pants. So I just feel like me inside. Even though I like to be a pretty fairy, I don't necessarily see that as a female only thing. I wouldn't really say, "Oh, I totally feel all womanly and like I have a v****a in my brain." It seems to me that gender relies too much on arbitrary rules about what men should be and what women should be. And I don't really want to be boxed in like that.

What do you think about the sex-change goldsink on Gaia? (60k for me to hop the fence next time!)
I have never sex changed, so I don't really have an opinion.

What items do you wish you could wear, but can't, since they're only for the opposite sex?
I have not run across any items that I wanted but could not wear.

In real life, what clothing would you love to wear that's traditionally seen as belonging to the opposite sex?
None. Being a female is pretty easy in that aspect though, we're pretty much "allowed" to wear anything now.

What are the upsides or downsides to your specific gender/sex?
Well, periods are not great. Childbirth isn't exactly fun. But being able to bond with your child by carrying him/her for 9 months and going through that pain is something that men can't fully experience.

Other than that, it's pretty arbitrary. I hate how certain toys, names, colors, clothes, activities, etc. are associated with one sex or another. As if the color blue was somehow related to a p***s and shaving your legs is somehow related to a v****a, you know?

So I'm female. I have breasts and a v****a. I'm a homemaker. I like both pink and blue. I wear both dresses and pants. I play "girl" games (like ponystars) and "boy" games (like WoW). I don't shave my legs. I prefer to think of myself as myself, as a person. I don't want what's in my pants to be what defines me. I think America places way too much emphasis on that.  

LorienLlewellyn

Quotable Informer

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:46 pm
User Image

"Every scar is a lesson...

I encountered a problem once, as far as I can remember. I needed very slim underwear for my celestial avi. Bought three different things before I discovered that males can wear the panty pose from Sundae's Sweets. I later sold it and replaced it with some NPCs underwear because I needed the gold for something.

Beyond that, I have my female mule for cosplays. Pretty much most of my video game characters are male, I can only think of one female and that's on Phantasy Star Zero, my main character is a female.

...Every battle a test of what you have learned."

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:07 pm
The whole periods-and-childbirth thing makes me very, very happy to be male. Although the childbirth aspect is optional, I don't think periods are...?

Wait, there are birth control pills that can make it so girls don't get a period, right? (Is that even healthy...?)

Although I'm perfectly happy dressing up my avatar in frilly junk, I've never felt interested in dressing up in real life. I like wearing jeans and teeshirts and rugby shirts and ball caps. x3 Although I could probably be persuaded to wear a kilt for a special occasion (ie, a Scottish wedding), other than that, girls clothes don't really appeal. It all seems to be too drafty or way too tight to be comfortable. sweatdrop  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:11 pm
1.Yes I do have a mule that's the opposite sex as the Rica~

2. Yes, mostly during prom because I like girls in tuxes...plus it was funny to be mistaken for a guy. c:

3. Uhhh I've worn male t-shirts with male shorts if those count.

4. I feel like I'm pretty much a girl. Despite my tomboyishness. I do get envious of guys though.

5. Good idea even if it's probably not used by many, except for cosplay avatars. It helps get rid of that much gold from the system afterall.

6. I think it'd be funny to give Rica here abs. C: I kind of wish I could do that with Wingding.

7. Boy cargo shorts. I want them. SO BADLY. I had one pair but they don't fit anymore. They're so comfy. crying

8. Boobs get in the way. Able to get pregnant (thought that can be good or bad depending on who you're talking to.)

9. Upsides? It's easier to get away with being uber affectionate. I can't imagine being a guy and get away with that.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:33 pm
-Have you ever had an avatar (or a mule) that was the opposite of your real sex?
Nope. My avatar's always been a chick and I've never had a mule.

-Do you ever cross-dress your avatar? If so, how come?
Not really? I put pants on her a fair amount but I've never made her look particularly manly. Though I suppose I could since I think I have some facial hair bits in my inventory...

-Have you ever cross-dressed in real life?
Not really. Like Lorien said, we can pretty much wear whatever now. Though I do like wearing oversized shirts (they're easy and comfortable~)

-Where do you feel you fit on the gender spectrum?
I'm a....chick? I'm not super girly (I'm too lazy to do s**t with my hair, I have like one pink article of clothing (excluding socks because socks are awesome), and none of my skirts are super short), but I'm not really boyish either (I have boobs and I will show them off every now and then).

-What do you think about the sex-change goldsink on Gaia? (60k for me to hop the fence next time!)
Since I've never changed the sex of my avatar (hell the only thing I've ever changed on her is the hair and the skin (I went zombie for a bit a few Halloween events back)), I don't really have an opinion.

-What items do you wish you could wear, but can't, since they're only for the opposite sex?
The only time I really came across this problem was when everyone dressed up like Jimmy that one day. >.>

-In real life, what clothing would you love to wear that's traditionally seen as belonging to the opposite sex?
There's nothing in particular (but I do envy how comfortable guy pants look compared to girl pants (and their damn itty bitty pockets that can't fit anything)).

-What are the upsides or downsides to your specific gender/sex?
Upsides: Um...I have boobs? Also, I totally used the fact that I was girl to my advantage in elementary (I picked on the guys and they couldn't hit me cuz I'm a chick =P).
Downsides: Periods suck. They really really do. And little boys get better toys than little girls. And this is kind of a random aside (with Lorien mentioning how WoW is a 'boy' game) but the gaming industry totally thinks of us as the lesser sex >.> I understand that their core audience consists of men in their 20s and 30s or whatever, but still. Bleh. I'll shut up now.

invisible-weirdo

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:41 pm
Oddly enough, I know more girls who play WoW than girls who are serious console gamers. They're still in the minority, though. There seem to be plenty of games with female lead characters, but mostly they're all built the same: tiny waist, huge breasts, skin-tight or revealing clothes...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:48 pm
I only have one mule and he is most certainly male.

I have not cross-dressed this avatar, but I have been seen in frilly things. Don't know why I like them so much sometimes.

I RL I have cross-dressed once, and that's the year when my sister forced me to. I was blushing the whole time, but mostly because it was so cold and I wanted about 4 more layers of clothes.

I'm ALL male, even though I'm a supper affectionate sometimes submissive attention whore. ^_^

I think it makes sense to up the ante each time you hop the fence since it's harder to make the operation in RL. I'm just glad that I'm so comfortable where I am and who I am. ^_^

one thing that I would like to wear that is commonly from the other sex is panties. I hear they can be VERY comforting, and it would be a bit of a thrill to know nobody suspected anything. *Blush*

Upsides to my gender, I can do heavy lifting and can always contribute something everywhere I go.

Downsides to my gender, I'm always horny. There I said it. If it were legal I would hump people in the middle of the streets (As long as I knew them first xd )  

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:50 pm
Because those games tend to be aimed toward guys. Since they're generally very action packed, tend to be violent, etc.

They just don't realize that those games can appeal to girls as well. -points at self-

I think the only female lead I can think of that didn't really fit that stereotype until the release of Brawl is Samus. She didn't wear much of anything under the suit but 99% she wore the suit. In fact people thought she was male for the longest time. That's probably why she is one of my favorite female video game leads.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:01 pm
How would game designers go about making a game targeted at girls?

I mean, there's stuff like Just Dance for the Wii. From the graphics to the songs they've chosen, it's pretty clearly aimed at girls, but I still really liked it.

If they were to make an action game aimed at girls, what sort of elements would you like to see added or changed (if anything)?  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:21 pm
The thing that bothers me is that the games they do market at girls aren't really games. Stuff like Just Dance and all that other casual s**t they have on there (like freakin' Yoga games) are aimed towards girls, yes, but it's like they're looking down upon them.
'Hm. What do girls like?'
'I heard they like ponies and princesses and stuff.'
'Yeah but I think they grow out of that. What about the older chicks?'
'Uh....losing weight? And all that pop music stuff.'
'Hey that sounds good. Let's do that.'

In terms of a non-stereotypical female lead, I think Samus is the best. Because her sex doesn't really have anything to do with what she does. It's like she's this really super awesome bounty hunter, fighting aliens and all that...and she's also a girl. Same with Portal; the lead just happens to be a girl. She doesn't wear super tight clothing, she doesn't have giant knockers, she's just a chick.

And I think I'm rambling now...

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces