Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
;U what do u think about this??

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

th3_banana

Sparkly Mage

6,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:51 pm
i changed churches the other week b/c my last church didnt feel like home even though ive been there for 4 yrs all the youth would all ways stare at me and leave me out they would always in a way shun me from their clique so what if i wear ripped jeans and dont where hoochie skirts to church >:U im not different im just a person :S  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:58 pm
Xxbad_ideaxX
i changed churches the other week b/c my last church didnt feel like home even though ive been there for 4 yrs all the youth would all ways stare at me and leave me out they would always in a way shun me from their clique so what if i wear ripped jeans and dont where hoochie skirts to church >:U im not different im just a person :S

Do not worry about them you go to church to hear the word from the lord and if you got a mini skirt and tank top and if that is all you got then go to church no one can stop you from going to church as you are  

XXDemonic TwinkieXX

th3_banana

Sparkly Mage

6,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:03 pm
XXXXKanjiXXXX
Xxbad_ideaxX

Do not worry about them you go to church to hear the word from the lord and if you got a mini skirt and tank top and if that is all you got then go to church no one can stop you from going to church as you are
im not the one wearing a mini skirt >O> and yea we also left because i understand more in english and its easier for me the last church was hispanic which i am but i still didnt get the service so we decided to go to another one this church now is very nice every one is inviting i feel like ive been there forever smile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:03 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

That is perfectly acceptable. The Lord doesn't want you to be in a church that doesn't feel like home, doesn't preach from his word, or that is full of hypocrites. When my dad became saved, we went to many different churches before we found the one that we are at now. We first went to a Catholic church, because my dad was raised Catholic, but it didn't feel right, they wern't really preaching the Lord's word, and my dad felt the Lord pushing him to get out of there. Then we tried a rather popular church and same thing. Also you could never personally talk to any of the ministers of the churches about question you had, because they were too busy. So it's ok to change churches, but make sure that the new church is preaching the lord's word, and that the Lord isn't trying to push you out of the church for whatever reason.

Because grey will not do.

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

th3_banana

Sparkly Mage

6,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:07 pm
Br1ttana
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

That is perfectly acceptable. The Lord doesn't want you to be in a church that doesn't feel like home, doesn't preach from his word, or that is full of hypocrites. When my dad became saved, we went to many different churches before we found the one that we are at now. We first went to a Catholic church, because my dad was raised Catholic, but it didn't feel right, they wern't really preaching the Lord's word, and my dad felt the Lord pushing him to get out of there. Then we tried a rather popular church and same thing. Also you could never personally talk to any of the ministers of the churches about question you had, because they were too busy. So it's ok to change churches, but make sure that the new church is preaching the lord's word, and that the Lord isn't trying to push you out of the church for whatever reason.

Because grey will not do.
indeed i feel like the pastor is more ;U how to put it real and hes actually getting to the point of the lesson its really nice there it feels good to sit down and listen to him preach  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:50 pm
Hey I don't go to church all dressed up. I can't stand getting dresed up lol. I usually ware a super baggy shirt and baggy jeans and my shoes are usually stained from work. God is happy that we just go to hear is word, he dosn't care what we ware. I mean come on, he originally made Adam and Eve with no clothes lol XD So don't worry about it. Be you, that's all God wants. =)  

Fates Oblivion

Seasonal Leaf

12,175 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Falling For You 25

Xx to save a life xX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:12 pm
well i think it wuz a good idea to leave church cuz ABSOLUTELY NO ONE has the right to judge u no matter how u look. AT ALL!!! i mean seriously, a church that has cliques and hoochies that r stuck up is like not s chrch at all its just a hangout to them. im mean HELLO!! im kinda an ugly duckling redface and im like rly popular at my chrch. no one judges me there just the way its supposed to be. 3nodding just get more involved dont be ashamed of god. i worship soo much that ppl might look at me weird cuz there not worshipping but i dont care cuz im praising for god!! i worship my heart out, i just want god to know i love him more than life. but my frnds love how i worship even if othr stuck up ppl who r pretty dont. 3nodding thx 4 ur time. heart  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:14 pm
I agree with you. Also, I think in Youth Groups and stuff at churchs nobody should be left out. I mean, God made you the way you are. (Well I mean somewhat, you make your own decisions.) You should be happy about who you are.

Bite My Muffin

5,350 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:27 pm
I think a Church that does not feel like home is not your church.
If its home, its church.
And you should be diffrent,
God made us to be diffrent.  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:43 am
I always dress up when I go to church. I feel it is respect to my Heavenly Father and I want to try and look my best for Him. But nonetheless, we act according to how our conscience dictates here.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:02 am
Shadows-shine
I always dress up when I go to church. I feel it is respect to my Heavenly Father and I want to try and look my best for Him. But nonetheless, we act according to how our conscience dictates here.

Then shouldn't you always dress up since he's always with us? Given that's why I prefer a come as you are church, since it's not about what's on the outside. It's what's on the inside that truly matters.  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:41 pm
gothic_black_rose
Shadows-shine

Then shouldn't you always dress up since he's always with us? Given that's why I prefer a come as you are church, since it's not about what's on the outside. It's what's on the inside that truly matters.

Maybe, maybe not. It just depends. I always try to dress modestly and appropriately at all times. No tank tops or butt shorts for me. To me, that is also me trying to look my best, by being modest. And I think, since the Chapel is considered the house of the Lord, then it is a place where we should show reverence, not only by how we act, but by how we dress as well. It's not the Church that makes me dress up in skirts and blouses, but it's what I prefer. There is no set rule as to how we are to dress within my religion.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Vodkacorns

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:09 pm
Aww... come as you are! :3

Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items