Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
I need help.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bioluminescent Sharpies

5,650 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:10 pm
Hi, I'm Sara and I need help because my friend, Alyssa, is trying to get pregnant.
At thirteen.
I don't want her to and neither does our best friend want her to. But she has her heart set on it and the thing that scares me is that nobody in her family will help her support the child. The reson for that is that Alyssa's bisexual and an atheist, so, neither her mom or grandmother will help.
And one of the worst part is that she's has commitment issues.
I wanna try and talk some sense into her and get her to not do it but I've only known her for a few months (my parents got divorced and I moved with my mom) and I don't feel that if I do she won't take me seriously. Plus I have no idea what to say. I love her like a sister and really don't wanna her to do it. At least not until she's old enough to get a job and pay for food and clothes.
Like I said I wanna say something to her I just don't know what. If you guys, fellow Christans, could help me out here and maybe get her back on the path of the Lord I would love it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:28 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

I experienced a lot of girls, who at young ages wanted to have children because they want to feel unconditional love. Maybe she doesn't feel like anyone loves her that much?

Have you ever tried talk to her about God? Maybe having a deep meaningful conversation with her would be a good thing. Talk it all out and see exactly what makes her want to have a child. Ask her how she is going to take car of the child? Diapers and baby food cost a LOT of money. Is she ready for that responsibility? Even at 17 when I got pregnant (not on purpose) it was a HUGE thing to take on and even with a VERY supportive family it has been very hard. Does she understand that child birth is PAINFUL? Does she know that most guys do NOT stay with their girlfriend after they get pregnant?

this may sound silly, but does she watch 16 and pregnant and see what those girls go through and how hard they have it? Does she grasp the reality of it?

And pray for her. Ask God to help her feel love that she may be missing.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Bioluminescent Sharpies

5,650 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:38 pm
No, I haven't tried to talk to her about faith or the pregnancy.
Mostly because I only really talk to her is at school and this is more of a keep-the-A-holes-at-our-school-out-of-it type thing.
But I will try that if I ever get time alone with her.

P.S. You have a beautiful baby girl.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:10 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

pray for God to give you the opportunity to talk to her about that.

Thank you for the compliment!

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:53 pm
*disclaimer* I don't know how good this advice is....

If she wants to feel unconditional love, maybe she should get a dog?

I agree with Faithful that you should talk to her about the ramifications of her actions could be and reiterate over and over that at thirteen, when she is still a baby herself, has no business breeding having a baby of her own.

I can understand keeping it out of school. Can you two have a hang out date on a weekend at a mall or something? Or have a sleep over so you two could talk?

Advice ~ because we care

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games