Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
Promoting premarital sex in teenagers?! Sad

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cocktail_queen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:04 pm
Ok so to start I went to go see Kick a** tonight with my husband and to our Surprise the movie was good all except for the fact that the main characters are in High school and it showed them having sex in the back of a store. I was disgusted at this.

Now I have tried to bring up this topic in the ED forum but all I have gotten in the past was comments like " Your old and bitter." Or "Your probably just fat and ugly and jealous." Im only 19 and I think Im farely attractive. So it is none of this. It saddens me to see that Virgins are being ridiculed about being Virgin at young ages like in their early teens. I myself waited to have sex till I got married and its not hard at all. I just dont understand why the media is putting it out there the pre marital sex in young teens is ok. when its not its just promoting teen pregnancy and worse. Its cool if the people are adults but not for young teenagers still in High school.

The funny thing is that PARENTS are the ones who decide on how to rate the movies and if they should be sent back to be edited. Some movies are sent back becasue of gay people kissing but two kids having sex in a store is ok?!

whats is this world coming to?!

Now I hope that I can get some good people to discuss this with and no one is just rude to me like they are in the forums.

I try to tell people who are still virgins to wait for their spouse that they will be so much more happy for doing so, but there is only so much that I can do sad  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:09 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

The world knows that sex sells. It gains money faster than anything else so they through it in everything they do. A lot of the world's view on sex is that it's not sacred. People think sex is for pleasure and having fun not about creating a child. People don't believe that they should deny themselves the "fun" just because they never plan on getting married or having kids.

People think "Oh what if I wait to get married and sex is horrible with my husband?" then that will be a lifetime of bad sex so of course I should make sure first! THIS IS COMPLETELY WRONG though. I don't agree with that at all. Sex for the wrong reasons can tear a relationship apart.

I will say that had premarital sex and I got pregnant. Though I am married to that person now that doesn't excuse it. So many girls think "This is the one, I love him so much I know I'm going to spend the rest of my life with him!" and they give it up to the guy and it doesn't work out for what ever reason. I've seen it myself that people say "You never stay with your first" And often times that true. No one in my family believed my husband and I would stay together.

I believe in teaching abstinence but also since most kids won't listen to that, that they should know about birth control, condoms, and other things to practice safe sex. I don't believe in promoting it in any way because it gives girls poor self image if they don't live up to what the world wants. I believe it gives guys unrealistic expectations of what things will be like.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:39 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

Sadly it's been like that for years now. sad All we can do is try to tell people about the dangers of it, wear protection if you "MUST" do it, and of course about Jesus.

Because grey will not do.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:47 pm
They've been using sex to sell things forever. You have to understand that that is of the world. It goes back to what Paul writes that we cannot judge the world for we are not of it.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Fates Oblivion

Seasonal Leaf

12,175 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Falling For You 25
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:35 am
Unfortunatly they are right. All's movie producers care about is making money and for some unkown reason to me, Sex sells. I am a virgian and I'm 22! I don't care what people think, I refuse to have Sex until I'm married.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:12 am
I know that sex sells Ive known that for years but I just wanted to have a disscussion on it because its nice to know that others think the way I do.

It just makes me mad because parents are the ones who rate these movies and decided wether or not they make it to theaters.

Good for you Hatsune smile

@faith I know its not true because first off if the two people are virgins then they dont have anyone to compare eachother to so the sex will be good. And my husband was very happy that I waited because who wants a used product? Not to mention he was happy because he could teach me on how HE likes it and Im not doing things on how other guys have liked it you know?

God I wish more people would wait gonk

@Gothinc Im not retarded ( I know you didnt say I was lol) I have in fact noticed and I already do understand thats how it works in the real world. I know more about the workd than I am book smart haha XD  

Cocktail_queen

Femme Mantis

Cute Punk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:18 am
Sex is way too common themed in society, it's not just the movies so it's sadly just looked upon as perfectly normal for sex to be in PG-13 movie anymore.
That being said i can't really point fingers given i watch Friday the 13th and other horror movies that use sex in them commonly but i never watched anything like that until i was 17.
EDIT!: That being said i have no problem with gays or lesbians as my signature so says. XD' I'd sooner see two guys making out than than teenagers sleazing around on screen.

I think it's wrong but what's worse anymore is the clothing they put out for young girls anymore under 13! Seriously, if parents are letting their children model after say Miley Cyrus (And we all know a lot of her outfits aren't exactly covering and the rumors about her...Yes, i'm a hater and proud by the way.) then they need their head examined.

But then again i am sort of p***k and prude though i certainly don't dress like one! XD  
Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games