Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
Outreach idea

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Riku Elmwick

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:41 pm
I thought of a way we could witness to the members of gaia. If we can get enough of us we could have something like a study group in one of the towns or just vow for one day to go to different parts of town and witness to people. Tell me what you think.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:12 pm
The problem with that is do you know how to back up what you say so that other's can't say that you are lying?  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:16 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

You just ignore those people. When my dad does outreach, evangelism, whatever you want to call it, he doesn't get anyone saying "Lies!". He gets some "Shut up!", but no "Lies!". Anyway, you're not going to go out and do that just because you are afraid of someone saying that you're lying? Doesn't proverbs say that fear of man leads to destruction? Just ignore those people.

Because grey will not do.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:35 am
Riku Elmwick
I thought of a way we could witness to the members of gaia. If we can get enough of us we could have something like a study group in one of the towns or just vow for one day to go to different parts of town and witness to people. Tell me what you think.

I will do it..  

-l- Oscar Gutierrez -l-

4,650 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:40 pm
Br1ttana
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

You just ignore those people. When my dad does outreach, evangelism, whatever you want to call it, he doesn't get anyone saying "Lies!". He gets some "Shut up!", but no "Lies!". Anyway, you're not going to go out and do that just because you are afraid of someone saying that you're lying? Doesn't proverbs say that fear of man leads to destruction? Just ignore those people.

Because grey will not do.

I'm just wanting people to be prepared. I had a friend that tried to reach out to a stranger and she wasn't ready. She ended up crying. We must remember it's not about the number that are saved. It about being able to plant the seed and most of the time you don't know if you have planted it or not. That's why I was saying we need to prepare people before hand so then they know what to expect and how to deal with different situations.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:56 pm
Yeah anyone who wants to do this have to realize you problaly be rejected.  

Riku Elmwick

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:10 pm
I'll get together with the rest of the crew to discuss your idea. In the mean time you can start a thread to get people prepared for it. Such as scriptures that they can use, how to respond to negitive feedback, how to use facts to back up what they say, using the things a person says to their advantage, ect.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:38 pm
I'm up for it.
Yesterday, while in a crew in Zomg, i gave my crew a little lesson about God. They stopped taking His name in vain, but... I don't know if that will carry out longer than for when i was on there...  

CrimsonsDecayingRose

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:46 pm
CrimsonsDecayingRose
I'm up for it.
Yesterday, while in a crew in Zomg, i gave my crew a little lesson about God. They stopped taking His name in vain, but... I don't know if that will carry out longer than for when i was on there...

That shows they listened to you and you planted a seed. Which is great! I'm proud of you.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:29 pm
gothic_black_rose
CrimsonsDecayingRose
I'm up for it.

That shows they listened to you and you planted a seed. Which is great! I'm proud of you.

Yeah GREAT JOB!  

Riku Elmwick

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Sky2235

Virtuous Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:45 pm
I'll be willing to join in with you guys too. We should all form a group or something. We need to be prepared for what to say though..  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:20 pm
xThe Sky Lightsx
I'll be willing to join in with you guys too. We should all form a group or something. We need to be prepared for what to say though..

Agreed it is smarter to go in a group. So if one of us doesn't have the answer to the question.  

Riku Elmwick

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Sky2235

Virtuous Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:25 pm
Yeah exactly. Just start random discussions about God with people. Also if one us is cornered someone else can know what to say. At least were teaching about Christ, its up to them to take or leave it smile  
Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games