Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
I no longer believe

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

have u ever felt the same
  yes
View Results

mimi-chanv_v

2,700 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:16 pm
well it started when i was small as all narratives go. I became mormon after first being catholic. I started to go back to the catholic church and though i mean no disrespect to anybody my questions and doubts have always been there. The mormon religion is much to demanding and i don't agree with some points. Christianity seems broad enough to go into. Now im not an atheist... i believe in god, the whole nine yards but i don't trust religion anymore. I want to i guess belong to some kind of community but i don't know if my excessive questioning and doubts will ever allow me

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:16 pm
what kind of questions and doubts do you have?  

Secret_lillies

Desirable Genius

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:31 am
mimi-chanv_v
well it started when i was small as all narratives go. I became mormon after first being catholic. I started to go back to the catholic church and though i mean no disrespect to anybody my questions and doubts have always been there. The mormon religion is much too demanding and i don't agree with some points. Christianity seems broad enough to go into. Now im not an atheist... i believe in god, the whole nine yards but i don't trust religion anymore. I want to i guess belong to some kind of community but i don't know if my excessive questioning and doubts will ever allow me

I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience when it comes to church. I don't have anything against Catholics or Mormons, but I've never seen the appeal to either religion.
I guess, if nothing less, I'd advise you look for a christian church around your area that you can attend. Like Baptist. Even if you don't like 'religion', it's still important to have fellowship with your christian family. If you'd rather not go to a church, join a bible study, or a youth group or something. Even if it's just a couple people, it's still better than going solo. 'Iron sharpens iron' and all that.

And it's good that you have questions. If people never had questions about their faith, it would be bad. Questions allow room for you to develop your faith, and the more questions you have, the stronger you grow when you receive answers to those questions.

If nothing less, drop me a PM some time if you've got some questions I could try to answer. 'Course, it'd lack the impact that a face to face, person to person bible study has, but I'd like to help if I can.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:23 pm
Some churches are just way too religious. The only way to really know God's love is to feel it and spread it - if a church doesn't love unconditionally, then it's hard to say they truly know God, as a whole.

They're hard to find, but a great church really knows the Word of God and loves all its members no matter who they are.

Have you tried visiting a nondenominational church? Because they don't affiliate themselves with a specific doctrine, they tend to be more focused on following Christ and loving others. I go to a church that once had the Baptist title, but they were never really severe when it came to the religious stuff. Faith has always been what it's all about there, so they shed the Baptist out of their name.

Church should be a place where you can build relationships with others and with Christ. If a church doesn't do that for you, move on to another, until you find one that feels like home for you. Trust me - you'll be so thankful. It's a great experience going to a good Christ-centered church, because you know the messages they give you are sincere and powerful.

And of course, we'll be here for you, for what it's worth. :3  

Saint Crazy The Follower

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:58 pm
You say you don't trust religion anymore but Christianity was never meant to be a religion it was meant to be a relationship. This is what drew so many people into becoming Christians during the first centery church even though Christians were being persicuted. It's due to that fact that all the other beliefs didn't have a relationship aspect to them it was all about rituals and ceremonies.  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:08 pm
Always question what you believe. It's your eternal soul that's in the balance, so you NEED to be sure about what you believe. Pick up a Bible and read for yourself. Do your own research, and find a church that believes that, if you want to have a community to worship with.  

Seraphim6496

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 1:13 pm
Si_Copathic
Always question what you believe. It's your eternal soul that's in the balance, so you NEED to be sure about what you believe. Pick up a Bible and read for yourself. Do your own research, and find a church that believes that, if you want to have a community to worship with.

I agree with this! I did just that and found the truth in the LDS Church! It was the only place to me that followed the Bible closely. I was raised protestant, but evetually left that church because there were so many questions that they would not or could not answer for me. They didn't even direct me to the scritures for answers. I tried several different denominations too, baptist, catholic, methodist, etc. none of them had that spiritual fulfillment that I needed or was searching for. But being LDS I have found all the answers I have saught and continue to seek.  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:10 pm
Do what your heart belives, because you make your own decisions. May god bless you and watch over you.  

lolbot109

2,750 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Advice ~ because we care

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items