Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
What We ALL Take for Granted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

saphiragale

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:03 pm
User ImageDo You See It?User Image

We take things for granted all the time. Usualy it's things like clothing or food or family, but do we realize the biggest thing sometimes. That you are God's child. He has called your name from the begining of time and set a life to follow Him. Do you see it? He has given you choice and challenge. You have been blessed just by knowing Him alone.

User ImageDo You See It?User Image  
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:08 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

A lot of us take his word for granted also.

Because grey will not do.

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

saphiragale

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:10 pm
YES! that is very true. My mother went to a foreign countrie once and heard that you could be thrown in jail for having a Bible...  
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:30 pm
There are worse things that have been done. When you study christian martyrs like I have you actually start getting tired of reading about people being burned at the stake.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:37 pm
gothic_black_rose
There are worse things that have been done. When you study christian martyrs like I have you actually start getting tired of reading about people being burned at the stake.

That seems a bit rude to say. Those people died for Christ just as others have whether it wasn't as "bad" or not. They didn't betray Christ even unto a horrible death even though it may not be as "horrible" as others.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:01 pm
Br1ttana
gothic_black_rose

That seems a bit rude to say. Those people died for Christ just as others have whether it wasn't as "bad" or not. They didn't betray Christ even unto a horrible death even though it may not be as "horrible" as others.

I was saying it makes me tired because so many people were burned at the stake. Queen Mary I of England had more people bured at the stake for not being catholic than whole Spanish Inquishtion. That goes into the thousands. So if you were to read a lot of reports about the same thing happening hundreds of times while studying certain patterns than you would get tired too. I never said I didn't appericate them for their sacrafice. So don't try to attack me over it.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:22 pm
gothic_black_rose
Br1ttana
gothic_black_rose

I was saying it makes me tired because so many people were burned at the stake. Queen Mary I of England had more people bured at the stake for not being catholic than whole Spanish Inquishtion. That goes into the thousands. So if you were to read a lot of reports about the same thing happening hundreds of times while studying certain patterns than you would get tired too. I never said I didn't appericate them for their sacrafice. So don't try to attack me over it.

I'm not trying to "attack" you. If you are getting bored, then mix up the martyrs' stories, or just don't read any burning at the stake stories for a while. I don't understand how you could be bored with them though. Every single one is slightly different, and very amazing in the fact that those people decided to be burned alive for Jesus instead of recant of their beliefs.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:24 pm
gothic_black_rose
Br1ttana
gothic_black_rose

I think we get used to hearing of death and hardened to it especially in this day in age, but the fact is that death is death. You should imagine yourself being burnt at the stake, as gruesome as it sounds. It may give you more empathy into what they had to go through. When you think of it as they were you or your family members lives being sacrificed on the stake gruesomely. Im not trying to attack you anything, but it just may give you more of an insight into what they had to go through for their faith. Luckily we don't have to go through that now to be a Christian. smile  

Sky2235

Virtuous Seeker

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:26 pm
xThe Sky Lightsx
gothic_black_rose
Br1ttana
gothic_black_rose

I think we get used to hearing of death and hardened to it especially in this day in age, but the fact is that death is death. You should imagine yourself being burnt at the stake, as gruesome as it sounds. It may give you more empathy into what they had to go through. When you think of it as they were you or your family members lives being sacrificed on the stake gruesomely. Im not trying to attack you anything, but it just may give you more of an insight into what they had to go through for their faith. Luckily we don't have to go through that now to be a Christian. smile

If you go to a foreign country and they don't like what you say and/or believe in, then you might have to go through that.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:28 pm
Br1ttana
xThe Sky Lightsx
gothic_black_rose
Br1ttana
gothic_black_rose

If you go to a foreign country and they don't like what you say and/or believe in, then you might have to go through that.

Although, that could happen here in America too. sad

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Sky2235

Virtuous Seeker

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:29 pm
Br1ttana
xThe Sky Lightsx
gothic_black_rose
Br1ttana
gothic_black_rose

That is true. And honestly it may even come to that in the future, as it gets closer to the return of Christ. But hopefully the rapture will come before that time. I'll rephrase that by saying I hope none of us have to go through that, to be more truthful.  
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:32 pm
Br1ttana
Br1ttana
xThe Sky Lightsx
gothic_black_rose
Br1ttana
gothic_black_rose

Although, that could happen here in America too. sad

Sadly yes it may sad I sure pray not though.  

Sky2235

Virtuous Seeker

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:28 am
When I pray I usually ask God to neverlet me forget about the little things he has done for me as well a the bigger things, even when I'm going through a lot of stress.

Sometimes even looking a pigeon on the street makes my day biggrin

but other times it's harder to remember D:

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:04 am
true that
we are all spoiled rotten
i dont know about all of you but i have never really been hungry in my life before
maybe i hade a busy day and woke up, skipped breakfest and missed lunch but....
i have never been hungey enough in my life that i went out side and had to look for my food

you know what i meen?  

digital_kobraX

Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces